Sharma joinz the test squad

Cricketics

its a blessing in disguise for Munaf... it ll b good for India if he bowls well here in this test... Ishant is another tundler who willl vanish in no time.. he was absolute pathetic in his 1st test.... if he ll b a bowler to reckon with in 2 yrs... then bring him after 2yrs... why now?
Eggjacktly. Let him be nurtured/trained in the domestic and A tour circuits. Pls. dont bring him into the national squad just yet.
what is wrong with the selectors 1st they dont pick yuvraj and now they leave out pathan for sharma, what has pathan done wrong since his come back??????
Selectors picked yuvraj for the test squad. I think its the captain kumble dat didn't and maybe team management? but in a way I think its alrite..cuz u cant change the winning test team but i m sure gangs and lax are under a lot of pressure.Yuvis turn will come soon to play.

I think its a good idea to pick this guy in the squad ... i agree with MM that he is a player of the future ... and while he IS NOT ready for a long-term spot now ... giving him the one off game here and there plus the chance to train with the Indian squad will do wonders for his confidence, which he can take back to domestic cricket. As for MM saying when was the last time you saw someone 6"4 and bowling at 140 in India ... I think he is 6"5 now. This guy could trouble some batsman if he can develop some size because he looks like a player. This type of bowler is the one that India have lacked. We now have some reasonably sharp bowlers in RP, Sreesanth and Munaf , and I believe we are the best swing bowlers in the world today ... and when Ishant is ready in a few years we will have that tall fast bowler that can extract the bounce from a good length. If they were actually planning to play 3 pace bowlers which the blind selectors weren't, then yea Irfan or maybe Ranadeb Bose should have been picked before.

Guest HariSampath

fantastic bump Tics ....LOL....I remember thinking at that time that he was way too thin and I certainly wanted 2 spinners plus 2 seamers at Delhi , but Ishant has proved to be a surprise for many experts too. In fact even 2 tests back he was bowling at 135+ only and then in a week he suddenly climbed to 147 !!! and Gilly of all people has described him as a "Lethal fast bowler"...and as a 'keeper for Aus, he should know about fast bowlers !!

MM, Sentiment, MM, sentiment. You are letting that run your thoughts in this post. He is garbage quality for Test cricket. He may not be garbage for a '19 - year old' blah blah if you take being in the test squad OUT OF THE equation. But we are talking test squad selection here... For Ind Test squad, he does NOT deserve to be there today. He may (if he does well) come back to the squad after 2 years.
:hatsoff: