Sharma joinz the test squad

Cricketics

Ishant Sharma has been picked for the squad of the first test to be played @ Delhi.. :two_thumbs_up: they also picked munaf.. so i think they are looking to play 3 seamers.. 1 zaheer.. 1 munaf and 1 might be Ishant.. for those who don't know, Ishant Sharma was picked for England tour too for the 3 match test series but didn't play a game as our bowling trio rocked the Englishstan.. hence don't be surprised to see him being selected in the squad..

Ishant Sharma has been picked for the squad of the first test to be played @ Delhi.. :two_thumbs_up: they also picked munaf.. so i think they are looking to play 3 seamers.. 1 zaheer.. 1 munaf and 1 might be Ishant.. f
they are playing 2 seamers 2 spinners for tomorrow bhajji is gonna playtomorrow and munaf
Ishant Sharma has been picked for the squad of the first test to be played @ Delhi.. :two_thumbs_up: they also picked munaf.. so i think they are looking to play 3 seamers.. 1 zaheer.. 1 munaf and 1 might be Ishant.. for those who don't know, Ishant Sharma was picked for England tour too for the 3 match test series but didn't play a game as our bowling trio rocked the Englishstan.. hence don't be surprised to see him being selected in the squad..
Oh no!! I'll miss two bowlers in my Ranji SS!!:sad_smile:
what is wrong with the selectors 1st they dont pick yuvraj and now they leave out pathan for sharma, what has pathan done wrong since his come back??????
He has not played a single game in longer version to prove his worth there. He has to prove that he can take wickets with red cherry in the longer format of the game too.

chamatkar.. ishant is good bloke.. one to look for in near future.. is tall, slim and can generate good pace...i said earlier we need to build this guy for future.. though bengal's Bose is also tall but i feel this Ishant is way better.. he is just 19 folkz.. another 2-3 yearz, he would be good..

chamatkar.. ishant is good bloke.. one to look for in near future.. is tall, slim and can generate good pace...i said earlier we need to build this guy for future.. though bengal's Bose is also tall but i feel this Ishant is way better.. he is just 19 folkz.. another 2-3 yearz, he would be good..
So, be it. We'll train/nurture him in domestics, A tours etc for 2 years. he does NOT deserve a test squad spot TODAY!

Cric, a bloke who bowls at an average of 130kmph, some times reaching 140, isn't good enough in my book. He does not have anything else to offer at this point and perhaps this baptism-by-fire for him, is not going to do him any good. I don't see his name being mentioned in another couple of years when the next 18 yr old comes along. Let's see who remembers - T Yohannan, Dodda Ganesh, Harvinder Singh, Abey Kuruvilla, Salil Ankola, Debashis Mohanty or for that matter, VRV Singh?

Anybody using the words Garbage/Trundler to describe Ishant are just criticizing for the sake of it. Tell me , when was the last time there was a 19 year old fast bowler in international cricket ? This kid is all talent and one for the future. He will definitely not play in the test matches , but he deserves to be in the squad.

Anybody using the words Garbage/Trundler to describe Ishant are just criticizing for the sake of it. Tell me , when was the last time there was a 19 year old fast bowler in international cricket ? This kid is all talent and one for the future. He will definitely not play in the test matches , but he deserves to be in the squad.
MM, Sentiment, MM, sentiment. You are letting that run your thoughts in this post. He is garbage quality for Test cricket. He may not be garbage for a '19 - year old' blah blah if you take being in the test squad OUT OF THE equation. But we are talking test squad selection here... For Ind Test squad, he does NOT deserve to be there today. He may (if he does well) come back to the squad after 2 years.
MM, Sentiment, MM, sentiment. You are letting that run your thoughts in this post. He is garbage quality for Test cricket. He may not be garbage for a '19 - year old' blah blah if you take being in the test squad OUT OF THE equation. But we are talking test squad selection here... For Ind Test squad, he does NOT deserve to be there today. He may (if he does well) come back to the squad after 2 years.
Huh ? Are we both talking about the same Ishant Sharma ? The Delhi fast bowler ? Because , the Ishant Sharma i know is certainly not " Garbage quality" for test cricket , considering how many crap bowlers posing as fast bowlers i have seen play for India. He is 19 , 6'4 , bowls at 140. That is a rarity in Indian cricket. This guy needs to be nurtured , not condemned as garbage. I dont if i am allowing my sentiment to get the better of me , but it certainly looks like you are definitely prejudiced towards him.
Huh ? Are we both talking about the same Ishant Sharma ? The Delhi fast bowler ? Because , the Ishant Sharma i know is certainly not " Garbage quality" for test cricket , considering how many crap bowlers posing as fast bowlers i have seen play for India. He is 19 , 6'4 , bowls at 140. That is a rarity in Indian cricket. This guy needs to be nurtured , not condemned as garbage. I dont if i am allowing my sentiment to get the better of me , but it certainly looks like you are definitely prejudiced towards him.
Nothing personal against Ishant Sharma, but IMO - he is absolutely not ready for Test cricket today. He has "potential". But that is a different word. He can be "nurtured/trained" whatever, but pls. dont bring him into Test squad *today* when he is very raw. This is not acceptable.