Disgraceful act

Cricketics

Its not yours to pass the final judgement. Rather, you can express your opinion, no problem. But that does not mean you get to decide the criteria on who the fans are and who cannot be called fans. ps: will read your response later, signing off for now.
That is what I'm doing--expressing an opinion! And I never said you can't be called a fan. I just gave you a suggestion that if you are a "fan" don't torture yourself by always feeling let down even when your bowlers did a good job and the opposition was able to knit one sole partnership, or when opposition bowled well and few strokes of bad luck struck our players! And fans are supposed to back their team till the last ball, no?
That is what I'm doing--expressing an opinion! And I never said you can't be called a fan. I just gave you a suggestion that if you are a "fan" don't torture yourself by always feeling let down even when your bowlers did a good job and the opposition was able to knit one sole partnership, or when opposition bowled well and few strokes of bad luck struck our players! And fans are supposed to back their team till the last ball, no?
Nope. Not necessary. There are different types of fans. You may be under the opinion that this is how "fans should behave or support"...Not necessary. I am a fan becos I want India to win, and will want them to win - even if I shout at them for playing lousy cricket.
Nope. Not necessary. There are different types of fans. You may be under the opinion that this is how "fans should behave or support"...Not necessary. I am a fan becos I want India to win, and will want them to win - even if I shout at them for playing lousy cricket.
Okay, then please give me the literal meaning of a "fan"? Did you mean this when you called yourself a fan: "an implement of feathers, leaves, paper, cloth, etc., often in the shape of a long triangle or of a semicircle, for waving lightly in the hand to create a cooling current of air about a person" :embaressed_smile: PS: Just a suggestion: Try to be positive and don't torture yourself over a thing that you love! This suggestion is coming from a person who is not necessarily a very positive person herself!

BTW Jhakaas opening post cricketics. We are coming off a series win against England in England and we last played a test in August. Our top order was a little rusty and paid the price but they will come out blazing in the remaining innings in this series. Hate such negativity and gloom when only 30 odd overs of a 1st innings have been bowled. :laugh: Imagine if we ICFans existed during 2nd test v Australia 2001 at Eden. There would have been suicides. :hysterical: Anyway Laxy and Dhoni played beautifully and have given us the upper hand, only slightly though.

Guest dada_rocks

Positive thinking : We can get 100 odd run lead and then scuttle them around 150 and finsih it off at loss of 2 wicket Negative thinking: Laxman might be gone within couple of overs and at most 20 run lead then they go on scoring 210 we are left to score 191. Well still not out of the game completely but quite a battle at hand.

Chandan, You have to understand that negativity of Indian cricket team does not come in isolation. It is a product of the team having let down the fans far too many times, than the times they have kept the faith of fans and performed. Over time, so many are the incidents when this team has performed below par (not below par of Australia, but below par of *themselves*). The expectation of fans (most of them atleast) is NOT for them to perform at Aus levels immediately, but atleast perform upto their own potential atleast. This is the reason why fans (atleast some) have turned very negative about the chances. We think (in the scenario DR gave above) - Laxman can be gone quickly or AK will be gone quickly. Why? Becos we have seen that sort of collapses a lot more than gritty fights from Indian players. Thats why. Despite such poor perf by India in the past, some are still optimistic. Ok, thats them - nothing wrong about it. Overall - I understand the point you are trying to make, and noted.

How have the Indian test team's performances been poor over the last few years? Yes, there has been the occasional Bangalore and Mumbai, but in general we have been unbeaten at home and have won quite a few tests and series abroad. With the kind of average bowling attack we have and an aging batting line up, our performance has been very decent.

Bangalore' date=' Mumbai, MOHALI, Karachi...I'm sure I can jot down a few more.[/quote'] And on the same note, I can also jot down Johannesburg, Nottingham, Sabina Park, Adelaide, Headingly etc. Fact is we have been the second or third best test team over the last few years. It did not happen by accident, but by playing good cricket. Sure, there is room for improvement but to claim the side has let themselves down more often than they have had success is incorrect.