The Android Thread

StriKe

Google launched the Chromebook Pixel 2 - a top of the line Laptop running Chrome OS. I love it. XieZIC6XnCw When internet in my area is fast and reliable enough I will buy a Chromebook for sure. p.s. also check out Joanna Stern's review of this laptop for Wall Street Journal - rather funny.

My nexus 5 is working great.... I'm just sad that they stopped selling such a great phone when there obviously was still demand for it.
Rumours are there are going to be multiple nexus phones or was it fake ? It is probably for them to cheaper to make new one

Yeah..... Anyway, if its like the Nexus 6 launch and then no advertising etc then these phones too shall not sell in large numbers. Google seems to have lost the plot a bit in terms of pure android phones - nexus 6, while a superb device, is too big for most consumers....the tablet they launched has great specs but is still underwhelming and nexus 5 is now discontinued.

Also, it seems that Google Play Edition phones are now discontinued - galaxy s6/s6 edge and HTC m9 won't have GPE versions (I confirmed this with Phil Nickinson on twitter yesterday - he confirmed that there was no news of GPE versions and he wouldn't expect any).

Yeah..... Anyway, if its like the Nexus 6 launch and then no advertising etc then these phones too shall not sell in large numbers. Google seems to have lost the plot a bit in terms of pure android phones - nexus 6, while a superb device, is too big for most consumers....the tablet they launched has great specs but is still underwhelming and nexus 5 is now discontinued.
For them selling these is not priority nexus 6 was big because most phones are big and it's for making apps and qhd resolution and many people like it . Thing is most phone phones from companies are getting updates and skins are getting very close to stock or atleast very fast so soon there won't be any need to pure android phones . Just look at Galaxy s6 still design can improve but I can use it with no problem and s4 is getting android l update in reasonable time :two_thumbs_up:

For them selling these is not priority nexus 6 was big because most phones are big and it's for making apps and qhd resolution and many people like it . Thing is most phone phones from companies are getting updates and skins are getting very close to stock or atleast very fast so soon there won't be any need to pure android phones . Just look at Galaxy s6 still design can improve but I can use it with no problem and s4 is getting android l update in reasonable time :two_thumbs_up:
IMO they should pay more attention to these phones - they can sell them in large numbers if they do it.

IMO they should pay more attention to these phones - they can sell them in large numbers if they do it.
whats in it for them ? they are not hardware company like apple and even now just look at what their biggest push is its that phone service in usa :giggle: what they want is to have every phone to have consistent software and they are succeeding at it in last 2 years ..it doesn ot matters to them if lg makes phone and they sell it nexus branded if in the end most phone behave like nexus to begin with :dontknow:

whats in it for them ? they are not hardware company like apple and even now just look at what their biggest push is its that phone service in usa :giggle: what they want is to have every phone to have consistent software and they are succeeding at it in last 2 years ..it doesn ot matters to them if lg makes phone and they sell it nexus branded if in the end most phone behave like nexus to begin with :dontknow:
If they can sell more Nexus branded phones then other manufacturers will have more pressure to go towards stock android....not to mention more profit for google by selling more devices.

If they can sell more Nexus branded phones then other manufacturers will have more pressure to go towards stock android....not to mention more profit for google by selling more devices.
in scheme of things they make nothing from hardware sales and they already got android on other devices very close to stock you cannot ask them to make it look similar but crapware is gone and speed is same. use lg phone from 2 years ago and today ..software is really good.