The Android Thread

StriKe

How to use Google to find your lost Android phone Run a search for your Android phone via Google, and its search engine will pinpoint the phone's location on a map. And the feature even works with a lost tablet. http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-use-google-to-find-your-lost-android-phone/ Could be Very useful.
Also shows how much Google knows about where you are :cantstop: If that is not scary enough then remember how even most of apps have that data

Also shows how much Google knows about where you are :cantstop: If that is not scary enough then remember how even most of apps have that data
Yeah...lol. But then again, there was always going to be a trade-off between convenience and security. It just can't be avoided in this age of ubiquitous technology.

Yeah...lol. But then again' date=' there was always going to be a trade-off between convenience and security. It just can't be avoided in this age of ubiquitous technology.[/quote'] Yeah but that data honestly is starting to become scary and no wonder EU wants to divide certain parts of Google. Atleast I should have easy option to go look what data they have on me and delete .

Yeah but that data honestly is starting to become scary and no wonder EU wants to divide certain parts of Google. Atleast I should have easy option to go look what data they have on me and delete .
Yeah...a while back it was found that even innocent looking apps like a popular flashlight app was getting access to your location :fear:

Yeah...a while back it was found that even innocent looking apps like a popular flashlight app was getting access to your location :fear:
Recently one chrome extension was monitoring all online activity and it was very popular . They made lot of fuss about device encryption but real problem is data which people without knowing give ..

This unlimited photos is gonna shake the industry and new app is so cool ..features like how you select photos and how app looks and works in general and design is so good . Android m on other hand has true night mode or dark mode which many people have been demanding and feature I want badly ..:nice:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/28/8683355/the-verge-reviews-old-google-photos-app sigh...people still trust this site for some reason..
They mistakenly put a video of the old photos app, right? That's something that can happen from time to time and not a big deal. For me the problem with the Verge is how very biased they are in favor of Apple - they just can't see anything wrong in any Apple product and as a result they don't give proper ratings/reviews for android phones/windows laptops. Other than that it is by far the best tech site - the quality of the writing is great, the range of stories they cover is huge and is expanding quickly (has games and cars as well). Now Vox Media (Verge's parent company) has bought ReCode and the product review team of recode will be moving to Verge so I'm hoping for better reviews, especially for Android products.

They mistakenly put a video of the old photos app, right? That's something that can happen from time to time and not a big deal. For me the problem with the Verge is how very biased they are in favor of Apple - they just can't see anything wrong in any Apple product and as a result they don't give proper ratings/reviews for android phones/windows laptops. Other than that it is by far the best tech site - the quality of the writing is great, the range of stories they cover is huge and is expanding quickly (has games and cars as well). Now Vox Media (Verge's parent company) has bought ReCode and the product review team of recode will be moving to Verge so I'm hoping for better reviews, especially for Android products.
i do not care about ratings or bias as reviews are done by people and they will always favor something what is do not like is sheer incompetence which is covered by good website design. this is just another example where reviewer had no idea about platform he is reviewing or app and anyone who used android for 5 minutes can tell that the app is old one and now we are supposed to truth people like them ? then there are example where their reviews standards are different ...i mean ok you are biased about apple and give them higher score i can understand you like they do thing but look at apple watch review it looks like freaking advertisement and ending sound like apology ..every word so carefully chosen to not sound harsh ..every mistake forgiven because its first gen .. ok i can even ignore that and choose to not read but what about cases like last year's iphone camera "review" or should i call it advertisement where they took photographer to some beautiful place and showed how good iphone camera was and there was beautiful gallery...you know what problem was ? that photographer was paid by apple and verge a media organization never mentioned that and that entire article or review was PR advertisement on site which is supposed to give reviews. anyway i can go on and give you more example i followed the site more but i no longer read them as they honestly left tech long time ago and even their newer content about culture and news is substandard just look at ellen pao case where they made up their mind before knowing full facts and kept making it women right issue..or gamergate?i could give more examples but truth is i no longer follow it much and today got to that google photo link after google search and instantly regretted ..

i do not think as technology site they are good enough and as culture media site i am no one to judge their content but i do not like some lefty hipster culture and vibe they want to shove up my throat but i do love high quality of their videos even if most of time i do not agree their video reviews are short and to point and when you just want to know little bit about device its good . btw i forgot how they made fun of bendgate and after few weeks one of their revieiwer ended up with bend phone and still they down played it and i was ok with that ..if that is not type of coverage they want as tech site i respect that and i agree with them ...but when galaxy s6 launched they tried to push galaxy s6 bends like iphone under pressure on machine (in real world i have not heard of bending but its metal and it will bend under pressure ) so why double standards in journalism ?

i am not saying every piece is bad but i no longer trust them. their pieces about net neutrality were brilliant and they do have lot of clout to get early access and these kind of interviews and i do follow them but i do not trust them. there was another about future of microsoft and apple which was pretty good and something i have always felt is happening and i liked it ..