The Android Thread

StriKe

I don't listen to it now - earlier when it was on video I watched it but now its audio only and I always fall asleep if I try to listen to podcasts so I don't listen to podcasts now :hysterical::hysterical: I watch the Android Central podcast :two_thumbs_up:
Try pocketnow it's awesome podcast for tech You can even ask questions I have been answered many times :giggle:

To the smartphone people in the forum, i have a question, If you keep two smartphones close to each other, do they talk to each other at some level, do they exchange some identification numbers and say hello?
Talk in what sense ? On their own they should not unless something very wrong is going on :cantstop:

Try pocketnow it's awesome podcast for tech You can even ask questions I have been answered many times :giggle:
Thanks....will try. You can ask questions on Android Central also - they have a Q&A section on thew podcast where they take up a lot of questions. Any other good video podcasts about tech?

Talk in what sense ? On their own they should not unless something very wrong is going on :cantstop:
When you move your laptop through the range of different wireless networks, the hubs talk to your laptop, they send over the name of the network, how to communicate and connect and other details. You the user can connect to one of the hubs and talk to them at a higher level(apps/browser level). Even when your apps/browser are not talking to the hub, at a lower level the two devices are talking to each other and exchanging some basic information. Is something similar happening in 2 smartphones close to each other was my question?

Sandra Bullock's 'Gravity' floats onto some folks' phones for free A number of folks this weekend are seeing "Gravity" appear in their Google Play Movies "Watch Now" queue for free, with Google saying "This one's on us." You don't actually have to add it to your library if you don't want to (take note, Apple and U2). But it's a free movie, and a fun one at that. Give it a watch if you haven't already. http://www.androidcentral.com/sandra-bullocks-gravity-floats-some-folks-phones-free I just checked and its available for free for me.................although I've already seen in theater.

Xiaomi became the world’s 3rd largest smartphone manufacturer last quarter Not long after becoming the largest smartphone vendor in China, Xiaomi has now claimed the spot as the third larger smartphone manufacturer in the world, according to market researcher IHS iSuppli. The company sold 19 million smartphones in the third quarter of this year, the vast majority of which were sold in its home nation of China. In the second quarter of the year Xiaomi managed to sell 15.1 million smartphones, 14.6 of which were sold in China, according to Strategy Analytics. This suggests a quarter on quarter sales growth of 26 percent, which is very high indeed. Rival Huawei, which was ranked third last year, managed 16.8 million smartphone sales in the third quarter. Looking at Xiaomi’s longer term sales, you can see just how sudden its rise to the top has been. Xiaomi-Q3-2014-smartphone-sales-710x443.jpg
10 X growth in 2 years is crazy .. samsung shipped arnd 75 million vs xiaomi 20 million sold also xiaomi has only 4 models i guess http://www.androidauthority.com/xiaomi-3rd-largest-manufacturer-q3-2014-544222/

[Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Spotlight] Carriers Can Now Have Google Play Install Their Crapware Automatically' date= Which Is Good Maybe http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/AndroidPolice/~3/Jq-jpDWPnk8/story01.htm Great news if the carriers actually use this.
Both good and bad This means they won't delay software updates and will update from play atore and people can probably remove these apps after wards but bad is now they are even effecting play store :wall: Thank god I don't live anywhere near America :finger:

Both good and bad This means they won't delay software updates and will update from play atore and people can probably remove these apps after wards but bad is now they are even effecting play store :wall: Thank god I don't live anywhere near America :finger:
Thats good bcoz now they can be removed. The problem is that most carriers wont do it and will continue with the old method of keeping the apps in the system partition.

Thats good bcoz now they can be removed. The problem is that most carriers wont do it and will continue with the old method of keeping the apps in the system partition.
Play store until now was untouched by them and Google updated android from it now they are able to install crap through play store without my account ?that sounds wrong :cantstop: