Historians of ICF: when was the last time India lost a Test series in India (other than to Aus)?

fineleg

That Saffie series was in all probability fixed. Its just a shame we lost that. The following one-day series was when the match-fixing controversy first erupted. Still cant forget Gibbs trying his best to get out, by coming down the track the track to the spinners and missing the ball , but little did he realize that the keeper, Saba Karim had himself taken money to miss all the stumpings that day !

Not old enough to remember the last time Pakistan won a Test series in India, but I do recall about 6/7 years ago, we lost to the Saffies at home, and it was headlined as our first series defeat at home in about 13 or 16 years (something like that). It was, however, to be taken with a pinch of salt, as both captains were banned from cricket, a few other players went down too, indicating match-fixing. I don't want to sound like a Pakistani fan after an Ind/Pak world cup match, but the evidence was there...

That Saffie series was in all probability fixed. Its just a shame we lost that. The following one-day series was when the match-fixing controversy first erupted. Still cant forget Gibbs trying his best to get out, by coming down the track the track to the spinners and missing the ball , but little did he realize that the keeper, Saba Karim had himself taken money to miss all the stumpings that day !
Sriram, I never knew tht saba karim was also involved in match fixing..issit true? cuz i dont remem his name in any of the scandals...
Sriram, I never knew tht saba karim was also involved in match fixing..issit true? cuz i dont remem his name in any of the scandals...
Of course , I was just being sarcastic, but the co-incidence was too much to miss. I reckon Karim would have missed atleast 4 stumpings off Gibbs alone that day.
And with regards the OP itself' date=' we are just done with 3 days of the first test match of a 3 match series and i dont think its quite appropriate to speak about our previous test series defeats at home.[/quote'] Past series doesnt have any impact on this current one.. so its pretty useless to compare the series with the past one...
And with regards the OP itself' date=' we are just done with 3 days of the first test match of a 3 match series and i dont think its quite appropriate to speak about our previous test series defeats at home.[/quote']
Past series doesnt have any impact on this current one.. so its pretty useless to compare the series with the past one...
Colored glasses :P Nope, I was not saying anything abt "past series having an impact on present one". Nothing like that. I was thinking abt this question, and asked it here.