Hilarious and pathetic quotes by our politicians

Khalpat

Why US observatories, ask pundits to predict eclipse dates: Rajnath http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/ask-pundits-to-predict-eclipse-dates-no-need-for-us-observatories-rajnath/article1-1308532.aspx

Predicting an eclipse isn’t exactly rocket science. Home minister Rajnath Singh says you need not turn to US observatories to predict a lunar or solar eclipse because such information is available with local pundits. Singh’s comments are the latest in a flurry of controversial claims by scientists and political leaders – many of them connected with the Hindu right-wing -- over the past few months about scientific achievements in ancient India. The home minister – a former Physics lecturer – hailed the contribution of ancient India to science and mathematics, saying no other country could match the knowledge of this nation. “Many times our media is confused. They say an US observatory has informed us about lunar and solar eclipse on a particular date. Don’t look at an observatory, ask any pundit next to you. They will open the 'Panchang' (Hindu calendar) and tell you the dates of eclipses 100 year ago and 100 years hence," Singh said at the convocation ceremony at Lucknow University. The senior BJP leader claimed Indian cosmological calculations were in tune with modern scientific discoveries. "Our saints had said Earth existed 1.96 arab (196 crore) years ago. Earlier, science did not accept this but later it had to," he said. The home minister also asked students to follow tradition and touch the feet of their elders. "Today, young people say hi and bye even to their parents. Instead, they should touch their parents' feet as a mark of respect," Singh said. Vedic-era science has been in the news for the past few months with three universities introducing courses on Vedic maths by February. At a session on ancient science at the recently-concluded Indian Science Congress in Mumbai, papers claimed Indians had operated planes before the Wright brothers and knowledge of aviation was present even in ancient India. Pointing to highly-educated terrorists, Singh also said knowledge devoid of values is "disastrous" for society. "When knowledge is cut-off from traditional values, it becomes disastrous. Civilisations that get cut-off from their traditions and values do not survive for long. It was India which showed a big heart and gave the message of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam (universal brotherhood)," he said.
Everyother day we hear a new achievement of ancient india which was unnoticed hitherto. It's like if a bunch of loonies let loose.

Digvijaya Singh tweets: “Kashmiri Pandits were unnecessarily forced to leave the Valley by Jagmohan. Hindus and Muslims lived together for Centuries in Kashmir." And you wonder why people call the Congress an anti-national party. Will stoop to unprecedented lows to continue appeasing minorities.

Bihar Politician Sharad Yadav's Talk on 'Dusky South Indian Women' Sparks Outrage

"In the entire country there are more saanvle (dark skinned) men. The women of south are beautiful, their bodies...their skin ...We don't see it here. They know dance,"
http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/sharad-yadav-talks-fair-skin-and-dusky-south-indian-women-during-parliament-debate-746341?pfrom=home-lateststories

i dont see what exactly the issue is with sharad yadav's statement.
This is hillarious because he was talking these all thing during debate on insuarance bill. What has skin of south indian got to do with insurance. He called South Indian women dark and then went on to say even your gods are dark like Ravishankar Prasad.
Your god is dark like Ravi Shankar Prasad (present in the House), but your matrimonial ads insist on white-skinned brides

^ What exactly is factually incorrect about the statement? It is indeed true that he was identified by his Lotto sneakers.
maybe factually correct but #1. He didnt wear the same shoes every day, people dont wear the same clothes everyday #2. Its very insensitive to use that example, Rajiv was his father. I may have no respect for gandhis but I dont think this is the right thing to do.

maybe factually correct but #1. He didnt wear the same shoes every day, people dont wear the same clothes everyday #2. Its very insensitive to use that example, Rajiv was his father. I may have no respect for gandhis but I dont think this is the right thing to do.
#1 True, but the questionnaire if I understand it right was intended to ask about brands one generally prefers to wear. I don't wear the same brand of clothes too, but yes I do have a preferance for a particular brand. #2 Agree, perhaps it was a bit insensitive. But you have to remember that it is not Rahul actually asking this question, but some of his cronies. Rahul is perhaps oblivious to what is going on in his absence. On the larger point, I think this is a needless issue blown out of proportion by the Congress. The profiling is intended for their security alone. Whether profiling is going to help with security or not is debatable, but does not appear to be malicious considering all leaders irrespective of party are profiled. Is an issue like this worth debating in Parliament and wasting precious time that could have been better used in passing some laws that actually make a difference?

#1 True, but the questionnaire if I understand it right was intended to ask about brands one generally prefers to wear. I don't wear the same brand of clothes too, but yes I do have a preferance for a particular brand. #2 Agree, perhaps it was a bit insensitive. But you have to remember that it is not Rahul actually asking this question, but some of his cronies. Rahul is perhaps oblivious to what is going on in his absence. On the larger point, I think this is a needless issue blown out of proportion by the Congress. The profiling is intended for their security alone. Whether profiling is going to help with security or not is debatable, but does not appear to be malicious considering all leaders irrespective of party are profiled. Is an issue like this worth debating in Parliament and wasting precious time that could have been better used in passing some laws that actually make a difference?
Im not talking about the entire issue, i'm talking about the statement. As for issues, yes we do have a lot of issues but these days we have a season of discussing useless stuff like beef and documentaries.

Well you guys can't beat some buffoons on our side. Former CM of Balochistan when asked about one of his ministers having a fake university degree said " degree degree hoti hai fake ho ya real". Beat that.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

500 VIP including Mr Vajpayee, Sonia Gandhi, Advani everyone has given the info what is wrong to ask these questions from Rahul. Just because the person who was asking these questions was a ASI and not police commissioner , shehzada and his bootlicker got offended.

Well you guys can't beat some buffoons on our side. Former CM of Balochistan when asked about one of his ministers having a fake university degree said " degree degree hoti hai fake ho ya real". Beat that.
LOL! Don't worry, there are plenty of jokers on our side as well. They keep us entertained. :cantstop: