Srinivasan,Raj Kundra named in IPL scandal report

He is pretty useless as TN administrator .Done pretty much zilch for TN cricket . Has been the central power in Indian cricket for last 6-7 years yet didn't try to build another stadium outside Chennai.
Why would you need more stadiums? TNCA has been able to construct and maintain more "Grounds" in Chennai and TN under his tenure. We don't need more international stadiums because then that'd be an overkill.
Why would you need more stadiums? TNCA has been able to construct and maintain more "Grounds" in Chennai and TN under his tenure. We don't need more international stadiums because then that'd be an overkill.
So that people outside chennai can watch cricket .TN has nearly 5 crore population outside Chennai .Its a pretty pathetic situation.TN hasn't had a single quality Ranji player outside Chennai zone and that's not just a coincidence .Theres hardly any effort or organization provided by TNCB to help groom young cricketers outside Chennai Maharashtra has 4 international stadiums yet TN don't even have a stadium outside Chennai that can hold Ranji matches .The only other spare ground is Gurunanak CG in velachery This apart from the allegations of how only his particular community has been allowed dominate in TN cricket
TN cricket is centered too much around Chennai thats why it has not developed enough.
Thats becoz TNCB hasnt done anything to develop cricket infrastructure outside Chennai There was a concrete proposal to build new stadium in Coimbatore 6-7 years back.Yet suddenly that was put off despite Srini becoming the central figure in Indian admin .
Maharashtra has 4 international stadiums yet TN don't even have a stadium outside Chennai that can hold Ranji matches .The only other spare ground is Gurunanak CG in velachery
Maharashtra is probably the only state with more than one Intl stadium. Karnataka cricket is doing really well despite having only Chinnaswamy. I don't think Intl stadium really matter. It is availability and access to cricketing facilities beyond basic gully cricket.
Srini has also let go off the rotational system for allocation of matches it seems. No wonder most matches are allocated to east zone (whose votes he wants ) or to Delhi Ahmedabad or Bangalore (his close ally )
I see your point. But I wasn't a big fan of the rotation policy anyway, particularly for tests. Test cricket should be played only in 5-6 major stadium in the country - Wankhede, Chepauk, Chinnaswamy, Kotla, Eden Gardens and PCA stadium... That should be it, at least while playing against major teams (Aus, Eng, SA) .. Stadium could be chosen on rotation maybe... But no tests in Nagpur and Ahmedabad pls...
Maharashtra is probably the only state with more than one Intl stadium. Karnataka cricket is doing really well despite having only Chinnaswamy. I don't think Intl stadium really matter. It is availability and access to cricketing facilities beyond basic gully cricket.
Srini became TNCA president in 2001-02.And every cricketer that has debuted for India from TN has been his community ?Is this just coincidence ?
How many centers has been Ranji played in TN? In karnataka, its been played in 5 different cities over last 3 years
They must have done well in FC or IPL.
How do we others r given proper chance ? Watch recently released* 'Jeeva' tamil movie. It tells about politics and discrimination in Tamilnadu cricket association New players from other communities will be given chance in bowler friendly wkts and then subsequently dropped . Almost every admin in tnca belongs to brahmin community .TNCA selector and chief admin also belong to the same community . In last 20 years, not even a single non-bhramin(93.5% of population) was selected to play for India.And hardly any of them are from outside Chennai either. The truth is they are trying to select talented players from 6.5 % of population.That too only in Chennai
In last 20 years, not even a single non-bhramin(93.5% of population) was selected to play for India.And hardly any of them are from outside Chennai either. The truth is they are trying to select talented players from 6.5 % of population.That too only in Chennai
They will only be selected to play for India if they do well for TN.
They will only be selected to play for India if they do well for TN.
The problem is players from other communities were not given fair chance to play for TN becoz the admin is dominated by single community Anyway if u want to understand the level of corruption in cricketing selections just watch that movie I mentioned earlier .

How many centers has been Ranji played in TN? In karnataka, its been played in 5 different cities over last 3 years Exactly my point. How many of these 5 cities in Karnataka have international cricket matches played in them? The point is about improving facilities for domestic cricket... Adding international venues is not necessarily going to help... builds cost needlessly... I'd prefer to have 5 medium budget centers in south TN to promote domestic cricket than have a new high budget International stadium built in Coimbatore.

How many centers has been Ranji played in TN? In karnataka' date= its been played in 5 different cities over last 3 years Exactly my point. How many of these 5 cities in Karnataka have international cricket matches played in them? The point is about improving facilities for domestic cricket... Adding international venues is not necessarily going to help... builds cost needlessly... I'd prefer to have 5 medium budget centers in south TN to promote domestic cricket than have a new high budget International stadium built in Coimbatore.
Neither are mutually exclusive.Why should building an international quality stadium stop promoting cricket in Tamil nadu . Its not like bcci are struggling financially like wicb or SLC Its their job to provide infrastructure for aspiring cricketers and bring cricket closer to people in other parts of the country not just metros .And they are failing pathetically on both counts at least TNCA
Srini became TNCA president in 2001-02.And every cricketer that has debuted for India from TN has been his community ?Is this just coincidence ?
Now this is getting really silly. Srini didn't select the national teams since 01-02. Nor I think any cricketer that made the national team from chennai made it on basis of his Caste. Jeez this is ridiculous.
Now this is getting really silly. Srini didn't select the national teams since 01-02. Nor I think any cricketer that made the national team from chennai made it on basis of his Caste. Jeez this is ridiculous.
He meant players from other caste have not gotten ample opportunity to play TN Ranji team, the reason.
How many centers has been Ranji played in TN? In karnataka' date= its been played in 5 different cities over last 3 years Exactly my point. How many of these 5 cities in Karnataka have international cricket matches played in them? The point is about improving facilities for domestic cricket... Adding international venues is not necessarily going to help... builds cost needlessly... I'd prefer to have 5 medium budget centers in south TN to promote domestic cricket than have a new high budget International stadium built in Coimbatore.
Did Srini promote cricket in mofussil centers? I know India cements promotes various cricket leagues

i think this is probably why maharashtra has done well in cricket. everybody has been given a chance regardless of background. of the current crop of players to come from maharashtra to play for India Rahane Rohit Jadhav Umesh , all from different communities. Maybe TN needs more than 1 cricket association? Maharashtra has 3.