Tennis - ATP/WTA Tour - 2015

bones

Most of the people had tipped Federer to win match against Djokovic who were looking increasingly disinterested in tournament. Djoko was lucky to reach as far as he did actually. In round of 16, against Goffin, he was down by 0-3 in third set. He was more fortuitous to defeat Dolgopolov in Semi Final, Dolgo was just 2 points away from winning match in straight sets. I would give more weightage to Federer's win against Murray (in SF) then Djokovic. Anyways, really amazing for a guy of 34 to play at the level Federer is playing. He doesn't seem to have lost anything over the years.

I have watched couple of matches of Dolgopolov in Cincy. I am suprised that guy is not higher placed in ranking then where he is as of now. He looked to me a extremely talented player. He simply blew away Berdych in his QF. Berdych was made to look like a novice in a game of power hitting which is what Berdych is good at. In semi final he clearly dominated Djokovic in first two sets and was unlucky not to have won. Djoko was resorted to play his super defensive game in third set and won by frustrating Dolgo. He has very solid back hand and killer Forehand. He puts crazy spins on ball and at times go into Nadal like play of loopy balls with top spin where ball would just speed away from opponent after bouncing if you are not fuly behind the ball. However servicing is his main issue and typically has very poor first serve percentage. he doesn't seem to have any control in his first serve. If he can address that I think he can be regular in top 10. moreover I liked that guy's body language. He neither celebrates good points not droops soldiers on bad mistakes. If Rafa doesn't come back, I know whom I would be backing for sometime.

Yes, am sure Djokovic was disinterested playing the only match that could have have given him all the Masters wins. I also suppose that Federer having bagelled and breadsticked Djokovic on two separate occasions in the Cinti finals was also boredom on Djokovics part. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yes, am sure Djokovic was disinterested playing the only match that could have have given him all the Masters wins. I also suppose that Federer having bagelled and breadsticked Djokovic on two separate occasions in the finals was also boredom on Djokovics part. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
I am giving him credit. But I would give him more credit for the victory against Murray in semi final. Murray is looking stronger to me at the moment on hard courts and also defeated Djoko last week in Montreal. He would be my first pick for USO, followed by Djokovic.

Yes, am sure Djokovic was disinterested playing the only match that could have have given him all the Masters wins. I also suppose that Federer having bagelled and breadsticked Djokovic on two separate occasions in the Cinti finals was also boredom on Djokovics part. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
As a Novak fan I can tell you this and you'll just have to take our word because we know the guy better than others. Since RG this year he is mentally broken and not as intense for matches. Even Wimbledon he was not playing at full intensity but managed to win because on a bad day he's better than most. These last 2 weeks Novak has looked extremely bored. Also, because he's scraped through many long matches he's exhausted. I think he's played 14 matches in 14 days, that's a lot of tennis. A fully fit and fresh Novak would have taken Federer to 3 sets yesterday. Probably would have lost because Cincy is so quick and Federer served brilliantly. As for completing the golden masters series or whatever silly name they've given it, it's not that special. He probably didn't even lose sleep over it. But losing RG to Stan, I think he's still having sleepless nights about that.

Hopefully Novak raises his intensity and his level of play in a week's time. I was one of those who said he should have skipped Montreal, not like he had many points to defend. Not that I give a **** abotu the points, but the players seem to. Since he got to the final at Montreal, he should have just tanked when he had the chance against Goffin.

Djokovic was not disinterested but he is not playing particularly well. He should have clearly lost to Gulbis in Montreal and Goffin in Cincy. He only won these matches because the opponents choked. Even Dolgo could have easily taken him out. He wasn't particularly great against Murray in the Montreal final too. Having said that, Federer played a brilliant match, albeit against a sub par Djokovic. It would be interesting to see if Djokovic can regain his form in NY. He won the AO playing just average tennis. If he does not improve from that level the USO would be harder to win. He is the favorite atm though.

Once again you completely miss the point and go off on a brainless rant. Question for you. When Federer and Djokovic were contesting for many of the big tournaments this year, where was Nadal? At AO, Djokovic and Nadal were seeded opposite halves, so a final is where they would have met. Djokovic was there, where was Nadal? It's the same for so many slams and tournaments all over the world that are not on clay and it's the same for several years. Let's use the Djokovic-Nadal example, 23-21, very close in the H2H. 9-4 in slams, 6 of those wins for Nadal are at RG, his favourite tournament. But Djokovic leads 4-3 elsewhere. You and I both know had they played more in the other tournaments that H2H would be more like 28-23 Djokovic and about 9-7 or 9-8 in slams. Djokovic is there ready to face Djokovic, where is Nadal?
Wow you are even dumber than I initially thought. You are judging a player whose career is over 10 years by his performance in a single year. Do you know how stupid that is? Where was Djokovic from 2005 until 2010 except a few tournaments? Nadal was consistently winning slams then. Federer won his first slam in 2003 and 10 years later he had a bad year in 2013, Sampras won his first slam in 1990 and 11 years later had a tough year in 2001, Nadal won his first slam in 2005 and having a bad year 10 years later. Looks familiar? Nadal has played both Federer and Djokovic many times in their best years too. And why do you have to remove clay? why don't you remove hard courts and then compare? Let me get this right, Nadal owns Djokovic in slams on clay and clearly holds his own on Djokovic's favorite surface. They have played 7 times on and 6 times outside clay. Nadal is 6-1 on clay and off clay it is 3-3. The conclusion is that outside clay they are even on H2H and on clay Nadal owns him. How is that unfair? The tour is not divided into clay and off clay. The whole tour counts the same and it's not like on hard courts Djokovic has a big lead. They are 2-2 on it and Djokovic needed 6 hours to get one of those wins, on his favorite surface no less. Stop crying FFS. Nadal's peak on grass overlapped with Federer's for the most part. He wasn't getting 34 years old Federer in Wimbledon finals. If Djokovic had to play 2006-2008 Federer in Wimbledon he would be having 0 or at best 1 Wimbledon instead of 3. Would you count that when you compare Wimbledon trophies of both. I guess not? So again stop crying.
That's why H2H records are completely misleading. But H2H is 0.5% of the equation. Masters and other titles are about 0.5%. But 99% of the equation is slam titles.
H2H is not misleading, it is what it is. And who the fekk is talking about equations? What equations? You seem to have a chip on your shoulder sonny boy.

As a Novak fan I can tell you this and you'll just have to take our word because we know the guy better than others. Since RG this year he is mentally broken and not as intense for matches. Even Wimbledon he was not playing at full intensity but managed to win because on a bad day he's better than most. These last 2 weeks Novak has looked extremely bored. Also, because he's scraped through many long matches he's exhausted. I think he's played 14 matches in 14 days, that's a lot of tennis. A fully fit and fresh Novak would have taken Federer to 3 sets yesterday. Probably would have lost because Cincy is so quick and Federer served brilliantly. As for completing the golden masters series or whatever silly name they've given it, it's not that special. He probably didn't even lose sleep over it. But losing RG to Stan, I think he's still having sleepless nights about that.
I think he was able to win wimbledon because Novak didn't have a bad day, he didn't have an excellent day either, just that on his average day, he is better than Federer's average day. IMO, Federer will beat Djokovic if Federer has a A day and Djokovic has a B or worse day, but the key advantage to Djokovic is that the opposition must bring their A game to beat him period and hope he doesn't bring his A game that day. A tough ask, really. Djokovic is a beast.

Thoughts on US open draw? Murray kyrgios should be a good one. Murray fed stan in same half. Nadal djokovic qf possible.
Cakewalk for Djokovic. Nadal is the only hurdle but at this moment I don't see anything but an easy straight set win for Djokovic and Nadal may not even get there. Relatively easy draw for Federer too. Berdych QF, Murray/Warinka SF won't be easy but I think he should get through based on current form. Murray has a killer R1 but his return game is too strong for Kyrgios who relies heavily on his serve. Other than that he should reach QF, from then on it will be tough. QF against Stan, SF against Fed. The same can be said about Wawrinka's draw too. It gets tough from QF. Brutal draw for Nadal. He will be lucky to make QF where Djokovic would destroy him in straight sets. He may lose before that too; with Coric R1, Fognini R3 and Raonic R4 it is almost as hard as it can get unless the draw opens up of course.

Cakewalk for Djokovic. Nadal is the only hurdle but at this moment I don't see anything but an easy straight set win for Djokovic and Nadal may not even get there. Relatively easy draw for Federer too. Berdych QF, Murray/Warinka SF won't be easy but I think he should get through based on current form. Murray has a killer R1 but his return game is too strong for Kyrgios who relies heavily on his serve. Other than that he should reach QF, from then on it will be tough. QF against Stan, SF against Fed. The same can be said about Wawrinka's draw too. It gets tough from QF. Brutal draw for Nadal. He will be lucky to make QF where Djokovic would destroy him in straight sets. He may lose before that too; with Coric R1, Fognini R3 and Raonic R4 it is almost as hard as it can get unless the draw opens up of course.
Final will be played between Djokovic and Murray and Murray would emerge winner.