Akhtar hospitalized for fatigue and fever, Gul fit

http://uk.reuters.com/article/cricketNews/idUKDEL31786420071127
KOLKATA, Nov 27 (Reuters) - Pakistan strike bowler Shoaib Akhtar was hospitalised on Tuesday after complaining of fatigue caused by fever, a team official said. "He was suffering from fever and got very tired after arriving here from New Delhi," the official told Reuters. "So he has been taken to hospital, probably to be put on a drip." The injury-prone Shoaib took six wickets in the first test against India, his first test since January. The second game of the three-test series starts in Kolkata on Friday. The visitors have more fitness concerns with skipper Shoaib Malik nursing an ankle injury suffered during a game of soccer after Monday's defeat in Delhi. Batsman Misbah-ul Haq is recovering from fever and throat infection he was suffering during the match. However, fast bowler Umar Gul has been cleared to play in the second test after missing the opener due to back trouble. "Gul will be available for selection," he said. "His scan report was seen by the Pakistan medical board and it has cleared him."
Guest dada_rocks

Karthik opens and keeps ( he will be an utter failure now already his feet hardly moves after keeping for 60 overs they will refuse to buzz completely) and Yuvraj joins the eleven

Pakistan cricketers recovering fast Kolkata (PTI): Pakistan speedster Shoaib Akhtar who was admitted to a local private hospital with a chest infection is feeling better, the team management said on Wednesday. "He is better," media manager Ehsan Malik told PTI. Malik said the attending doctor would reassess Shoaib's condition at 1600 hrs and then take a decision on whether to discharge him. Malik refused to give any more details. Akhtar was admitted to the Maharaja suite of the Apollo Gleneagles hospital with fever yesterday and put on injectible anti-biotics and intravenous fluids. Malik said Pakistan middle order bat Misbah-ul-Haq, who had developed a viral infection during the opening Test in Delhi, was also improving fast. "He is almost okay," Malik said. Skipper Shoaib Malik, who had an ankle sprain, is also recovering and the Pakistan team management was hopeful that he would be available for the Test match. Pakistan can also take heart from the fact that seamer Umar Gul is also recovering fast. ------------------------------------------------------------- It'll be good if all these players are available for the match.

Akhtar needs to be FULLY fit to bowl at that pace for sustained periods of time. Antibiotics can help him recover from the fever, but will he have the stamina of a raging bull to deliver those 150K thunderbolts ? And how many of you think one of Akhtar/Gul will be out for the 3rd test ? Gul is known to rush from injuries. In the past his return has been short (he briefly returned only to aggravate his injury)

:D Seriously, Akhtar bowling at 145 kmph is still menacing enough to trouble India's top and middle order. But he does need to be fully fit to produce deliveries like that jaffa which nailed Rahul Dravid
You know, inspite of knowing that he is a chucking dope doing cheat, I love to watch him bowl and IMO world cricket will be poorer without a fit and firing Actor. Hope he dopes up and is fit for Eden.
You know' date=' inspite of knowing that he is a chucking dope doing cheat, I love to watch him bowl and IMO world cricket will be poorer without a fit and firing Actor. Hope he dopes up and is fit for Eden.[/quote'] Yep, i totally agree. I have always enjoyed watching him bowl. I have never seen a bowler as destructive as he was at his peak. Maybe Allan Donald in the mid-90's, but after that i am scraping the barrell. His duel with the Indian batsmen on day 4 was incredible to watch - top class entertainment.