What's our bowling selection criteria?

Also the Joginder Sharma argument makes total sense... He averages a phenomenal 21.59 with the ball after 67 FC matches with a best of 8/24... And an average of 22.52 in List A... So pick Joginder ahead of Rishi Dhawan, Kulkarni, Pankaj, Aaron, Umesh and Ishant?
That's what I have been trying to say. If stats were the major or only criteria, you wouldn't need selectors. You can just filter out on an XL sheet.

Many fast bowlers comes through without proper coaching.They have good pace & lot of skills.Then they are selected for national team.Then they are guided by MRF pace foundation,NCA,foreign bowling coaches.But instead of getting better,they loose their pace & skills also.I would like to take Munaf Patel as example,he burst into scene from a nondescript village from Gujarat because he can bowl 140+ kmph speed.He had a good Yorkers.But after playing for India instead he turned into 115 kmph bowler.Another example is Irfan Pathan

LOL He played 2 Tests againt Sri Lanka. In 3 innings, he scored a 50. That's a really short rope for a guy that averaged nearly 60 in FC cricket and scored over 8000 FC runs.
Yup, agree with the Test match part.... I mentioned earlier as well that he deserved a longer rope, which Cheeka of all people didn't give him... He seemed a total misfit in ODIs though
Yup' date=' agree with the Test match part.... I mentioned earlier as well that he deserved a longer rope, which Cheeka of all people didn't give him... He seemed a total misfit in ODIs though[/quote'] Yeah I think Badrinath was a classic case of mismanagement. He dominated in 4-day cricket at domestic level, and they made him debut in ODI cricket. That didn't make any sense. Tbh, he could have been selected at No.6 in this Aussie tour and I don't think he would have looked out of place.
Yeah I think Badrinath was a classic case of mismanagement. He dominated in 4-day cricket at domestic level, and they made him debut in ODI cricket. That didn't make any sense. Tbh, he could have been selected at No.6 in this Aussie tour and I don't think he would have looked out of place.
Badri is not good enough for Test cricket.
So these are the phaaast bowlers and extreme pace which was supposed to blow Aus away :haha: Yup phaaaast bowlers like Aaron deserve to be in the team but not likes of Sandeep or Rishi Dhawan with an average in low 20s.
Also dont forget Vinay Kumar and Jogi baba. Take them too. Drop Aaron and Yadav. Play Sandeep, Rishi and one of Jogi/Vinay. SOS them if you have any contact with selectors. Need to bring them for Boxing day test, not many days left.
Also dont forget Vinay Kumar and Jogi baba. Take them too. Drop Aaron and Yadav. Play Sandeep' date=' Rishi and one of Jogi/Vinay. SOS them if you have any contact with selectors. Need to bring them for Boxing day test, not many days left.[/quote'] Lol Bhatia too.:hysterical:
So these are the phaaast bowlers and extreme pace which was supposed to blow Aus away :haha: Yup phaaaast bowlers like Aaron deserve to be in the team but not likes of Sandeep or Rishi Dhawan with an average in low 20s.
Even the Australian fast bowlers looked off colour. It was a good batting wicket so far.

I rest my case. We prefer to pick bowlers who "look good" for a few deliveries in nets coz they are "phaaaast" and ignore the bowlers who actually have the discipline, toil hard in domestic cricket and have succeeded there. We leave guys with bowling average of 22 back home and take bowlers with an average of 37 on tours. If these bowlers aren't good enough to succeed even at domestic level, what chances they will take wkts against better batsmen in Tests?

I rest my case. We prefer to pick bowlers who "look good" for a few deliveries in nets coz they are "phaaaast" and ignore the bowlers who actually have the discipline' date=' toil hard in domestic cricket and have succeeded there. We leave guys with bowling average of 22 back home and take bowlers with an average of 37 on tours. If these bowlers aren't good enough to succeed even at domestic level, what chances they will take wkts against better batsmen in Tests?[/quote'] Because you need pace in these conditions. Its not India where those bowlers will get green tracks like they get in Ranji trophy and get loads of wickets bowling 120k. You need to work with these guys to become better which is easier than making 120k bowlers bowl 140.