The Best Hindi Film Songs of the year

Sooda

Current lot of Arijit' date=' Irfan and Ankit decidedly better than the group that you posted.[/quote'] For sweetness melody earlier were better IMO. Their songs were more soothing n refreshing to listen to. Current lots songs are more intense. I like the past generation better. Before that, the likes of RD burman, kishore Kumar, rafi, lata were gods of course.

For sweetness melody earlier were better IMO. Their songs were more soothing n refreshing to listen to. Current lots songs are more intense. I like the past generation better. Before that, the likes of RD burman, kishore Kumar, rafi, lata were gods of course.
Agree with that completely. Udit and Sanu used to sing lot of peppy songs which may feel more refreshing but current songs are much more intense.

Agree with that completely. Udit and Sanu used to sing lot of peppy songs which may feel more refreshing but current songs are much more intense.
Among female singer, current lots shreya ghoshal is better than Alka , kavita IMO. I liked sadhna sargam, thought she was underrated. Btw bangal has notably given great great singers n musicians...burmans, kishore ....Kumar sanu Shaan arijit shreya Alka bappi Lahri etc

Current lot of Arijit' date=' Irfan and Ankit decidedly better than the group that you posted.[/quote'] TBH before I knew who Arjit Singh was,I thought it was some Paki singer singing....I am not talking about the nafrat fateh ali khan type classical singers but more the contemporary Paki "pop" singers who sing in our movies.....They all seem to be from one school of music,nasaly constipated tone.....I am sure there is a market for that,but not my kind of music. Arjit seems to be from the same school as well. Seems to be a lot of Sufi or arabic influence in our music....now I don't mind different styles of music but there seems to be too much of it these days. I mean I enjoyed Maula mere Maula or Khwaja mere Khwaja but now every song seems to be in the same tone....I am not being a religious bigot here but just that there is too much of the same style of music.

Well Samjhawan is originally a Pakistani song from 2010 (as well as being Punjabi :p ), and Awari is also a Pakistani song from 2012. Don't think they would qualify for the list. :p
...Gulon mein rang bhare in Haider was originally a Mehdi Hasan Ghazal... Man Kunto Maula from Gunday is an old qawwali... :P

Well Samjhawan is originally a Pakistani song from 2010 (as well as being Punjabi :p ), and Awari is also a Pakistani song from 2012. Don't think they would qualify for the list. :p
Technically, Samjhawan ki featured in the joint Indo-Pak punjabi movie, Virsa. The movie was directed by Pankaj Batra and it had actors and musicians from both sides with Arya Babbar playing the lead actor. The song though was sung by RFAK in the movie. So I don't think there's an issue with the song featuring here. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eSoUqjRLVA]Main Tenu Samjhawan Ki - Rahat Fateh Ali Khan (720p Full Wide Screen) - YouTube[/ame]

...Gulon mein rang bhare in Haider was originally a Mehdi Hasan Ghazal... Man Kunto Maula from Gunday is an old qawwali... :P
It's totally fine to use old music as long as they are given credit to be honest. Unfortunately 10 years ago this didn't used to happen, people like Pritam, Anu Malik used to steal music without giving any credit. Thankfully that doesn't happen anymore.

Technically, Samjhawan ki featured in the joint Indo-Pak punjabi movie, Virsa. The movie was directed by Pankaj Batra and it had actors and musicians from both sides with Arya Babbar playing the lead actor. The song though was sung by RFAK in the movie. So I don't think there's an issue with the song featuring here.
That's true, it's totally fine for the song to be used as the rights were bought. But I was just pointing out that it's not a 2014 song. But the song is actually Pakistani though, as both the singers and composer are Pakistani. :p

From some of the songs I listened to in this thread' date=' my fave so far is [i']teri galliyan by Arijit, and Ranjha. I actually liked the female cover version by Bhavya Pandit [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UudQtTu3Uuw]Ranjha (Folk Mix) Studiounplugged Ft.Bhavya Pandit & Vashisth Trivedi - Jai - Parthiv - YouTube[/ame]
Teri Galliyan is sung by Ankit Tiwari, not Arijit.