1. 1.

• BJP
    • AAP
    • Congress
    • AAP + Congress
    • BJP + AAP
    • President's Rule

Some interesting facts:
In delhi if you own a house or a flat, you are worth at least 3cr. Doesn't mean you can afford a Mercedes. Just letting you know that this crore pati thing is thing of the past now. Also, last I read Madam ji didn't have more than a few lakh in cash, and nothing, not even a single car. Sonia ji is so poor lol

You are comparing apples to oranges. How can you compare building educational institutions by a state government with relatively meager resources to a plan to urbanize India's mostly rural population undertaken by the central government with relatively more resources?
He is talking about Govt colleges. You can build 20 in no time. Building world-class colleges are totally different. Some of the best colleges get miliions of dollors in grants.

In delhi if you own a house or a flat, you are worth at least 3cr. Doesn't mean you can afford a Mercedes. Just letting you know that this crore pati thing is thing of the past now. Also, last I read Madam ji didn't have more than a few lakh in cash, and nothing, not even a single car. Sonia ji is so poor lol
Logic may be nice, still 3 Cr worth Aam admi is something.

I am sure they can use some of that honesty to mix in cement while building the premises, and to pay the laborers and for land. Not to mention the upkeep costs, staff costs all can be met from honesty? This IS the fundamental problem of AAP, lack of specifics.
Oh yea, they also need to replace everything including manifesto that they provide with a vision statement :agree:

I'm surprised at the negativity towards Kiran Bedi. She's clearly no good as a front face of a political party currently but as a leader or administrator she's comparable to Rahul baba while Kejri is supposed to be far better based on media appearances ? Forget Indian President's or UN medal, a basic wiki lookup says she has gained the highest recognition from the American Federation of Muslims of Indian Origin as well as the All India Christian Council. In the rusty old useless ghisa pita contest of secularism vs communalism, she beats Kejriwal and Congress any day.

I am not saying that it is a crime to be a crorepati. What seems to be the trend is that everything that AAP opposed and based their principles for founding the party is changing. Their candidates are almost as rich as Congress/BJP candidates. What is worse is that their criminal history is also fast catching up with their more seasoned Congress/BJP counterparts. If this trend does not concern you and you consider yourself an AAP supporter, then are you really supporting an ideology or is this just an idol (Kejriwal) worship?

Ya everything becomes crystal clear in every minute detail by using the magic word PPP ! (btw PPP model is broken in India). btw AAP have been mentioning from past 1.5 years that they will use the funds that Delhi Govt. gives to 28 DU colleges(and those which dont have sufficient reservations for Delhi students) to run the 20 new colleges.
I am not saying PPP is the answer. I dont doubt its patchy at best. But there needs to be a mechanism to bring funds. That needs clarification. Are AAP planning to for example sell any government of delhi assets to raise capital? Are AAP saying these new Delhi colleges will have 20% fee paying students from outside Delhi so that the 80% of students which are from Delhi will have to pay low fees? Are property taxes going to rise substantially?. Are AAP planning to raise local taxes? Increase tolls etc? How are they raising the money? Again you say run colleges. Fine they run colleges. But you need to build them first.

I am not saying PPP is the answer. I dont doubt its patchy at best. But there needs to be a mechanism to bring funds. That needs clarification. Are AAP planning to for example sell any government of delhi assets to raise capital? Are AAP saying these new Delhi colleges will have 20% fee paying students from outside Delhi so that the 80% of students which are from Delhi will have to pay low fees? Are property taxes going to rise substantially?. Are AAP planning to raise local taxes? Increase tolls etc? How are they raising the money? Again you say run colleges. Fine they run colleges. But you need to build them first.
So did they officially put in their manifesto that 80% seats will be reserved for residents of Delhi???

Building them is a one time expenditure. Won't be too much, and even less for a party that is honest, proactive, cost effective (runs election campaign in 20 crores)... There is so much wasteful expenditure happening in Delhi that i see...like relaying footpaths that r already in good condition, the spend on ACs, TVs, PCs in govt. Offices is jacked up so much that one can't imagine. Cost of building 20 colleges is just peanuts if such expenditure is cut which is what aap will do

I am not saying that it is a crime to be a crorepati. What seems to be the trend is that everything that AAP opposed and based their principles for founding the party is changing. Their candidates are almost as rich as Congress/BJP candidates. What is worse is that their criminal history is also fast catching up with their more seasoned Congress/BJP counterparts. If this trend does not concern you and you consider yourself an AAP supporter, then are you really supporting an ideology or is this just an idol (Kejriwal) worship?
My dad isnt poor but he isnt filthy rich either, in Delhi he is a common man, he cant get water for more than 2 hours a day and he lives in a legal colony in South Delhi. So people who are rich, poor or somewhere in between have same problems. My Dad is a common man, he knows no one in the ministry, doesnt have money to bribe people, drives a small car but is asset rich. isnt he a common man or does a common man need to really live in a jhuggi and have nothing? As for criminal record, I am worried about that. If AAP has candidates as bad as BJP and Congress then they either need to explain better or work on getting better candidates.

I'm surprised at the negativity towards Kiran Bedi. She's clearly no good as a front face of a political party currently but as a leader or administrator she's comparable to Rahul baba while Kejri is supposed to be far better based on media appearances ? Forget Indian President's or UN medal, a basic wiki lookup says she has gained the highest recognition from the American Federation of Muslims of Indian Origin as well as the All India Christian Council. In the rusty old useless ghisa pita contest of secularism vs communalism, she beats Kejriwal and Congress any day.
She has a great record but she appears like a headless chook in the media these days. She isnt talking about issues and isnt convincing about "evolving" to join the BJP. I personally wouldnt be disappointed if she becomes the CM but I dont think she will be able to do what she would like to do, I dont think she'll gel with BJP. She is honest types but I would be happy to see her as CM, a huge change from Shiela Dixit, right?

Building them is a one time expenditure. Won't be too much, and even less for a party that is honest, proactive, cost effective (runs election campaign in 20 crores)... There is so much wasteful expenditure happening in Delhi that i see...like relaying footpaths that r already in good condition, the spend on ACs, TVs, PCs in govt. Offices is jacked up so much that one can't imagine. Cost of building 20 colleges is just peanuts if such expenditure is cut which is what aap will do
AAP just interested in buildings or actual quality of education?

Atleast those colleges cost less than 100 smart cities.
Private sector participation is what drives Smart cities. Govt provides basic infrastructure for that. Plus the benefits from smart cities are measurable, tangible and directly helps to address issue of unemployment. On the other hand, mere opening of colleges won't address the key issues of the economy other than education. It will pump in a lot more number of graduates into our economy - which is already pretty much suffering from oversupply of them - thereby diluting the market and also increasing skilled unemployment. I am not saying we shouldn't have more colleges, we definitely need to have institutions that produce varied skilled people, not just run-of-the-mill graduates. We need institutions that promote enterprenurship and individual research. But opening a hundred colleges won't exactly solve economic issues.

So what is the spending on such frivolous expenditure (relaying of footpaths, surplus AC/TV/Computers in govt offices) in Delhi? Do you have a source for such expenditure? Atleast some basis for an extrapolation? (See I am not asking you for a Rupee paisa number, just a rough figure would do, as long as it is substantiated). I am really interested in knowing how such frivolous expenditure will fund land, building, infrastructure etc for all these colleges.

http://www.business-standard.com/article/opinion/india-s-talent-surplus-113071801059_1.html
Of the major emerging markets, the fastest annual talent pool growth will be in India (7.3 per cent), followed by Brazil (5.6 per cent), Indonesia (4.9 per cent), Turkey (4.7 per cent) and China (4.6 per cent) in the next 10 years. Ironically, that bit of good news should be worrying India's policymakers because it means more skilled workers will be produced than job opportunities will appear. While India's pool of college-educated talent is expected to rise more than 45 million in 10 years, it will exceed that which can be absorbed by the Indian economy. In fact, in 10 years, India will have two college-trained aspirants for every job opportunity.
This is the clear and present danger of blindly investing resources in building colleges. We need to energize our manufacturing and service sectors to absorb the glut in supply, - Smart cities are designed to solve this issue to some extent, along with urbanisation of semi rural regions and raise in standard of living. What AAP is trying to do through blind building of colleges is making the issue even acute. Highlighting yet another problem with AAP - lack of long term vision. It follows typical Indian AAM AADMI logic - shortcut quick fix solutions to every problem without caring for sustainability or long term planning. Jugaad logic.