surajmal

Suggest sites for a new capital

Slaves can't be allowed to decide the future of an entire continent. My choice, somewhere along the Gujarat/MH border. Vijaynagar Region would've been the first choice but Southies are very good at shooting themselves in the foot and until they get out of their Dravidian BS and stop soul harvesters from getting bumper crops, they get no say in real power.

If i did go back to say 1951, i would personally have it somewhere like Nagpur which is bang in the middle or India. So it would be equidistant from most major cities. Moving capital is not a new thing if for administrative purposes. I do believe SL moved their capital from Colombo to another place 30mins car ride from Colombo. Sri Jayawardena kotte or something.

It's BJPs mistake to hold the elections so late and do nothing for the public. On top of it there's already anti incumbency due to pathetic MCD... Those Vermas, Goels, Jollys have pretty much messed up BJP in Delhi...
this... I get a feeling if the lok sabha elections are there then BJP will get the majority of seats. Problem is tier 2 leaders of the BJP in Delhi not good enough. Apart from Madan lal Khurana i dont think BJP Delhi have ever had a mass leader.
this... I get a feeling if the lok sabha elections are there then BJP will get the majority of seats. Problem is tier 2 leaders of the BJP in Delhi not good enough. Apart from Madan lal Khurana i dont think BJP Delhi have ever had a mass leader.
They had Sahb Singh Verma but unfortunately he died in a car accident. Also, the problem is they keep changing leaders - when Dr. Harshwardhan did so well despite being brought in so late in 2013, what was the need to completely ignore him this time? Also, win or lose, the biggest mistake they did was to bring in Kiran Bedi without testing her political skills somewhere.
They had Sahb Singh Verma but unfortunately he died in a car accident. Also, the problem is they keep changing leaders - when Dr. Harshwardhan did so well despite being brought in so late in 2013, what was the need to completely ignore him this time? Also, win or lose, the biggest mistake they did was to bring in Kiran Bedi without testing her political skills somewhere.
agree there. Now that the BJP have got in Bedi, they should stick with her and maybe give her BJP Delhi. Even she will learn and atleast is known to most voters. If Kejriwal slips up BJP should be in a position to cash in.
Big mistake removing Harshwardhan...Modi was actually clueless in the cabinet formation, giving multiple ministries to a minister, moving Harshwardhan to national level.. HarshW would've consolidated BJP by this time at state level...
agree there. Now that the BJP have got in Bedi, they should stick with her and maybe give her BJP Delhi. Even she will learn and atleast is known to most voters. If Kejriwal slips up BJP should be in a position to cash in.
I disagree. In this election it became quite clear that she is just not political materiel so if BJP loses then they should keep her in the party but definitely move her away from Delhi and bring back Dr. Harshwardhan. Also, if BJP loses the entire Delhi unit will (rightfully) lay the blame at the central leadership for parachuting Bedi from nowhere without even consulting them and will not at all accept her being kept in-charge despite losing to AAP.
I disagree. In this election it became quite clear that she is just not political materiel so if BJP loses then they should keep her in the party but definitely move her away from Delhi and bring back Dr. Harshwardhan. Also, if BJP loses the entire Delhi unit will (rightfully) lay the blame at the central leadership for parachuting Bedi from nowhere without even consulting them and will not at all accept her being kept in-charge despite losing to AAP.
Agree, Harshwardhan needs to come back... Kick out that chewt Najib Jang... Sala fecked up the administration so far.. If Bedi agrees, make her the Lt. Guv of Delhi...
Stop derailing my thread people. This is a serious issue. Please limit the future discussion to either proposing new sites or viability of Delhi as a control center of India. Thanks.
What serious? Where is the money to spend on this? Also how do we know Kejri doesnt resign in Delhi and start dharna in new capital?

As much as we blame them they Voted BJP for all 7 seats in LS2014 by very good margins. In 3rd world these freebie promises will win you elections, no big deal. Moreover they have covered lots of ground and all bar none of their top leaders are through and through Delhi so they connect well with the residents. Only problem I have is that how come they have so much liking for Kejriwal, almost 60% preferred him in TC's survey. I mean Kejriwal, seriously ?

As much as we blame them they Voted BJP for all 7 seats in LS2014 by very good margins. In 3rd world these freebie promises will win you elections, no big deal. Moreover they have covered lots of ground and all bar none of their top leaders are through and through Delhi so they connect well with the residents. Only problem I have is that how come they have so much liking for Kejriwal, almost 60% preferred him in TC's survey. I mean Kejriwal, seriously ?
He tells people what they want to hear. That's what works for him. Throw in a few filmy dialogues and portray oneself as an underdog. Bollywood does a great job in softening people's minds to this sort of non-sense.

If this thread is just a reaction to the perceived election results then :headshake: If it is a serious question irrespective of election results, then perhaps there is scope to develop a semi urban location into a capital. It can be developed as a better planned city. And Delhi could benefit from the extra space and hopefully pollution levels will go down.

That is how democracy works man. The Nehru-Gandhi family ruled India for about 40 of its first 45 years and it is not like there was no leader outside one family that was good enough to lead the country. Many a times, you can fool the poor into voting for you by bribing/showing them unrealistic dreams etc. That is just the way it is. Democracy does not mean that it is a perfect system, but the benefits outweigh the negatives. And who knows, Kejriwal might even surprise some by providing an able administration. That manifesto of course is full of bullcr@p. And they should reign in their penchant for theatrics. But apart from that, if he can truly provide a non-corrupt government, that would be a welcome change.
Fool me once...Fool me twice... Now you know who the idiots are
lol at the idiots who want to change delhi as the capital because their boy didnt sweep the elections. this city has a 10,000 year history as the center of all great pan-indian civilizations and will remain so for the next 10,000 years
what happened 10,000 yrs ago? I am asking seriously, I really dont know. Not trolling for real
lol at the idiots who want to change delhi as the capital because their boy didnt sweep the elections. this city has a 10,000 year history as the center of all great pan-indian civilizations and will remain so for the next 10,000 years
If there is any city that was the center of Indian civilization when it was at its zenith, it is Pataliputra aka Patna.

For BJP, The best capital city can be Gorakhpur in eastern up 1. Adityanath gets elected from here 2. First Saraswati shishu Mandir started here. 3. Digvijaynath started conspiracy of killing Mahatma Gandhi here. This is one seat from where BJP has never lost from last 25 years so we will not be burdened with change in capital regularly.

For BJP, The best capital city can be Gorakhpur in eastern up 1. Adityanath gets elected from here 2. First Saraswati shishu Mandir started here. 3. Digvijaynath started conspiracy of killing Mahatma Gandhi here. This is one seat from where BJP has never lost from last 25 years so we will not be burdened with change in capital regularly.
Mangalore and Bangalore South both elected BJP for last 25 years :--D