The best way to get Yuvraj in [Merged with other batting lineup shift threads]

Brainfade

... is to drop KKDK' date= persuade RSD to open, move VVSL to #3, and get Yuvraj in at #6. I could live with that. RSD is vritually opening, anyway. And he has done it before.
Not so sure about Dravid opening. Truth be told Dravid has hardly looked like his usual self in this series. Amongst Indian batsmen only KKD has looked worse; what with Jaffer, Sachin, Ganguly, Dhoni and now Yuvraj looking better and comfortable out there. And I must say I have started to wonder if Dravid actually knew what he meant when he left captaincy so he could concentrate on his batting. Early days yes and yes the man has done ample for Indian cricket to play the entire series Down under without his place in question but dont take his place for granted. This is not Dravid of old we are talking about. xxx
Guest HariSampath
and based on form' date=' RD's days are OVER[/quote'] Dravid has had a poor run in both tests and ODIs last few games, and others have all better records in recent tests. But I think he should play initially in Australia

question for those suggesting Dravid to open. Why should Dravid alway accommodates ? why cant ganguly open he is in a good form let him open or for that matter why cant sachin open. Why shouldnt dravid be allowed to find form while batting at a position he is most comfortable in.

I know I will have to sit out: Yuvraj First Published: 19:21 IST(8/12/2007) Last Updated: 19:34 IST(8/12/2007) DropShadow_BotLeft.gifDropShadow_BotRight.gif A majestic century against Pakistan may have backed his claims for a permanent Test slot, but Yuvraj Singh on Saturday conceded that he still had some distance to cover before he can cement his place in the star-studded batting line-up. "It's difficult to get a chance in Tests because my team has lot of great players like Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly and Laxman. They all have a good Test record. That's why I had to sit out," Yuvraj said after lifting India down from the dumps with a dominating 169 runs in the third Test against Pakistan. "We just need to think of winning this match now and after this we have to think of what combination is needed for the Australian tour. There also I may have to sit out." Yuvraj though sounded confident that he has the ability to make a mark in Tests. "I always knew I could do well in Test cricket because you always have time to settle down. If you take out that time you can still bat well. For me Test cricket is always the main thing. So I'm very happy with my effort today," he told reporters. Yuvraj, who has been in awesome form this season, blamed himself for being unable to gain a foothold in Test cricket and said he has not capitalised on the opportunities that came his way. "I had a very bad Test series in the West Indies. After that the middle order batsmen were really batting well. I just thought let me wait for my chance as I had only myself to blame (for West Indies series). I was happy when Anil Kumble told me yesterday morning that I will be playing," Yuvraj said. The left-hander, who combined with Sourav Ganguly to rack up 300 runs for the fifth wicket, said it only helped their cause as both were attacking batsmen. "Ganguly is also an attacking player. He supported me a lot today and it was lot of fun batting alongside him. He told me once looking at my bat after I played a shot you have springs in your bat'." "When I went into bat I thought I have been batting well of late and just need to be confident of myself and try and play the first spell out." Yuvraj, playing Test cricket after July 2006, though admitted he was nervous before coming into bat because of his inexperience at the Test level. "Yes, I was very nervous. I have never been a confident starter in Test cricket because I haven't played much of it. I'm never nervous in one-dayers but Test cricket does give me shivers. I just wanted to be positive on this day," he added. --------------------------------------------------------- So there!! The guy knows the situation and is quite prepared to bide his time. And no way can Dravid be dropped from the XI. This is not how we should treat our legend players. He'll find form and very soon.
question for those suggesting Dravid to open. Why should Dravid alway accommodates ? why cant ganguly open he is in a good form let him open or for that matter why cant sachin open. Why shouldnt dravid be allowed to find form while batting at a position he is most comfortable in.
Simply put, he has shown the ability to open in Tests. Ganguly (even in good form) is not cut out be a test opener. The team is better off with Ganguly in the middle-order. In any case, Dravid is virtually opening the innings these days - what with KKDK in worse form than Dravid himself.

My batting lineup for Australia now..... Jaffer Dravid Tendulkar Ganguly Laxman Yuvraj Dhoni...............fill in the rest If Dravid does not like opening try Sachin.........both of them have the technique to open......Yuvi cannot be dropped anymore. After all for the sake of the future of Indian cricket, one cannot deny him opportunities. He is already 27 and IN THE FORM OF HIS LIFE. I think SRT / Dravid should understand that and make this sacrifice. Give this a try for 4 tests without re-experimenting.

The guy knows the situation and is quite prepared to bide his time.
No, he doesn't. Yuvraj is a selfish b astard. He is trying to play mind-games with the selectors using REVERSE-PSYCHOLOGY - how pathetic. That too after scoring such a YUSELESS innings. While he says these things in the media, he is probably slipping Rs. 50 notes in their back-pockets. He is a scumbag who should be dropped for Badiyanath (you know, the dude who averages FIFTY SEVEN !!!!) ASAP

Alright, now i'm being serious. Yes, it was a terrific knock from Yuvraj. But India shouldn't upset the balance in their batting lineup by trying to accomodate him. Guys like Dravid shouldn't have their positions tampered with (he is a good player who should be supported), and India should always look to play 6 batsmen + Dhoni and 4 bowlers unless the pitch is very seamer friendly - in which case, India can lengthen their batting lineup by playing him at #7. A 169 is tough to ignore, but at this stage - he can only be a squad player at best.

. He is already 27 and IN THE FORM OF HIS LIFE.
27?? Yuvraj will turn 26 within 4 days. Anyway, as much as I love Yuvraj and as brilliant as he was today(under pressure to boot!); I hope people don't get carried away. This was still an innings against a depleted attack on a decent pitch. Yuvraj's played like this before only to quickly revert back to struggling against the seaming ball and being unable to display the sort of patience required on the Test level. Now, do I want him in the playing XI in Australia? HELL YEAH. He's in too good a form to be ignored. But I hope people who're riding his dick right now and calling him a "Test Player" aren't setting themselves up for major disappointment. Yuvraj could very well go back to making the same mistakes he's made throughout his Test career in Australia. It has happened before. I for one hope he's figured it out though. In cricket there are fewer things more fun to watch than an in form Yuvraj Singh.
Guest HariSampath

Predz... I dont even think u are funny....this sucks bigtime...its not btwn Badri and Yuvi...probably u need to be aware its Yuvi alone vs the big 3 or 4 combined... Badri has not even been given ONE chance in an Indian 11 for 3 seasons....so forget ur stupid reverse analogies....last time I checked ...poor Badri with tons of runs for India A was asked to prove himself in a ODI context and he single handedly won a game for India A against SA getting 86 off 89 balls in A CRISIS PLUS 4 WKTS ....what else the poor fellow do.... so lay off this nonsense..