Pathetic stuff (again)...

When I woke up and saw 334-5, I accepted that, no problem... Then later, I saw the fall of wickets column, and saw that at one stage, it had been 150-5... It's always the same sh*t with this bowling attack, do the hard work, get into position, and then let them off. It'll never change. We've seen it so many times now, but it never fails to piss me off...

These same bowlers got them out for under 250 in both innings last time' date=' fairweather fans like you are not needed[/quote'] Exactly! It amazes me that people think they know exactly what happened in a match simply by looking at a scorecard. Oh, Pakistan put on a big partnership, must have been pathetic negative thinking by the Indians. No, it doesn't work like that. This is test cricket. You can't expect everything to go your way. It's how you react to these sort of things that makes it count. India reacted well to a Pakistan fightback last test and earned themselves a test win. The same prospect looms large now. But go on, have your whinefest until India go into a strong position again and then you can join in on the fun.

Only someone who doesnt know cricket would genuinely expect teams to get bowled out for totals like 180. It's rare for teams not to have some meaningful partnership, it happens to us and it happens for us.Sometimes batsmen are just too good, you were sleeping so you never even saw Kamran and Misbah batting. They made those runs, we didnt gift them.Just like Jaffer took the fight to them. Misbah and Kamran took the fight to us. These two batsmen have played lots of innings like these and will play them again against other teams too.If you knew two cents about cricket you wouldnt be talking like this about your own team.

Sometimes people forget, there are two teams playing the match. The occurrences through the course of a test are a result of the combined actions of both teams, not just one. Just because Pakistan put on a 200 run partnership doesn't automatically mean India were pathetic (neither does it automatically mean Pakistan were brilliant). You have to look deeper than that. Actually watching the game would be a good start.

It was about time we say a decent day for Pak in this test, wasn't it? We can't expect to win every hour, every session. Apparently, these two had won the first test for them too but we came storming back. I expect us to do the same tomorrow and on the 5th day.

Gambit, you seem like someone who knows a thing or two about cricket. Our bowlers won us the first test and nearly won us the second on a dead pitch where the 'superior' Pakistani bowlers got smashed to all parts! We need to stay away from such knee-jerk and immature reactions as this thread and that too based only on a scorecard

These kind of things happen' date=' but it's simple chances like the one Munaf dropped which show lack of application from the team. Had that catch been taken we had a good chance of finishing them off last evening itself. Pakistan had not even reached 300 when Munaf dropped that catch.[/quote'] And if they hadnt dropped Sachin then we could have struggled to make 400. These things hapen in games, teams that come back strongly are the real winners
What kind of a wierd logic is that? If your opposition makes mistakes then you should also make some.
Simply that the game throws you some swerves and how you deal with them is what defines you. Pakistan let Sachin's dropped catch get them down and we scored 616, we cant let dropping Misbah do the same to us. Chin up soldier.
When I woke up and saw 334-5, I accepted that, no problem... Then later, I saw the fall of wickets column, and saw that at one stage, it had been 150-5... It's always the same sh*t with this bowling attack, do the hard work, get into position, and then let them off. It'll never change. We've seen it so many times now, but it never fails to piss me off...
Went to sleep when iqbal got out woke up and saw this score card. Dont know what these guys do. allowing the likes of akmal to get 100 and i see a whole bunch of ppl are defending teams effort.
i went to sleep at 150-5 (lunch) imagine how i felt waking up to see that score

It's not that India is playing a galli team. There are good performers in the Pakistan team as well and there was hardly anything happening off the wicket once the ball got older and softer. It was fairly easy to hang in there and milk the bowling without taking too many risks. Credit to Misbah and Akmal to have applied themselves. The blemish was Munaf's dropped chance which set us back by 50 runs.