Delhi Court blocks Delhi rape BBC documentary

AmreekanDesi

I disagree. Lately there has been a conscious effort by western media like CNN and BBC to portray India in negative lights with regards to incidents like rape, etc. The reason might be that this image of India sells in the west. A country getting too big for it's boot, where most people live in some kind of stone age yet the nation aspires to reach Mars. The Mars news and Obama visit were hardly covered by the media. Yet news of any atrocity was splashed on front pages while rapes from their own country were ignored My point is, ignore this and it will lead to a string of foreign journalist fishing for all things negative in India, getting access to every insane criminal, all in an effort to portray the image they have build about India.
Forget Mars,there was 0 coverage on Holi by BBC.But not too long ago they posted about a poor Indian tailor who bought his first fridge and a bull whose semen sells for $3K :hysterical: A women MLA said yesterday on TV,"Udwin says we are a sick society,but the difference is that Indian people want change,but for rapes in NYC/London/Bogota,0 people will come out on the streets and stage a protest". The people who dont understand the propaganda behind this are quite naive and dont understand the real intentions behind the "documentary".They still have colonial mindset.

Forget Mars' date='there was [b']0 coverage on Holi by BBC.But not too long ago they posted about a poor Indian tailor who bought his first fridge and a bull whose semen sells for $3K :hysterical: A women MLA said yesterday on TV,"Udwin says we are a sick society,but the difference is that Indian people want change,but for rapes in NYC/London/Bogota,0 people will come out on the streets and stage a protest". The people who dont understand the propaganda behind this are quite naive and dont understand the real intentions behind the "documentary".They still have colonial mindset.
From 3 years ago http://www.ibtimes.co.in/bbc-calls-holi-a-filthy-festival-321795
BBC Calls Holi A 'Filthy Festival'
Britshits really hate India.

The people who dont understand the propaganda behind this are quite naive and dont understand the real intentions behind the "documentary". They still have colonial mindset.
Strange thing this "colonial mindset" . Never sure who has it and who doesn't.

so many ppl whining in this thread its not even funny this thread has changed from the topic abt rape to how there is major western conspiracy to paint india in a bad light. very sad. reminds me of a certain other country
the " certain others country" blames the deeds itself on foreigners,whereas the "whiners" here are naming it as a targeted propaganda with subliminal advertising.There is a difference

Not sure how much true...If this is true then what guarantee words are not fed to rapist?

Accused in the 2012 Delhi gang rape, Mukesh Singh was paid Rs. 40,000 for his interview by the makers of the controversial documentary India's Daughter, according to a report in Navbharat Times.
According to the report, an investigation within Tihar Jail found that Singh had made the demand of Rs. 2 Lakh for the interview. This was later negotiated to Rs. 40,000. Singh agreed to the interview after they settled on this amount, eventhough permission from authorities had already been granted by then. None of the money was found to be in Singh's Prisoner Property account but the reports says that the investigation at Tihar found that Singh's family had received the money.
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-india-s-daughter-rape-convict-paid-rs40000-for-interview-2066496

Apologies from my side if it comes across if I am trying to score points in a debate on misery of a poor girl. My sympathies with that girl. But in context of discussion it is necessary to bring this incident which happened yesterday in Leeds. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/teenager-raped-left-dead-waited-5290458

Teenager raped and left for dead as she waited for bus 'was victim of attempted murder' 18:37, 7 March 2015 By Nigel Atkins Police treating crime as attempted murder after teenage victim at Leeds bus stop was dragged into garden, violently raped and left bleeding from injuries A teenager waiting at a bus stop was raped and left for dead in a sickening attack which police are treating as attempted murder. The 18-year-old was dragged into a garden and raped in an attack so violent she was left needing surgery to treat head injuries and a suspected broken hip. Mark Readman /YNMS18 year old attacked at bus stop in LeedsDetail: A forensic officer carries out a painstaking search on the floor of the bus stop Det Ch Insp Elizabeth Belton of West Yorkshire Police said: "We believe this woman was standing at the bus stop when she was attacked. "She was approached by an unknown male from behind who assaulted her and dragged her into a garden close to the bus stop and subjected her to a serious sexual assault. "It has been a very nasty attack that has been sustained over some time." Mark Readman /YNMS18 year old attacked at bus stop in LeedsSearch: Forensic officers scour the bus stop for clues following the rape of the teen. The attack happened at about 10.40pm on Friday near Malvern Road and Beeston Road, in Leeds. Dc Belton added: "We are now treating this as an attempted murder because she has been left there for dead. "The nature of her injuries are that she has suffered facial and head injuries and also a suspected broken hip. Mark Readman /YNMS18 year old attacked at bus stop in LeedsRoad block: Scene of the attack is sealed off for search "I think it is possible that someone will know the attacker as there was a considerable amount of blood that was at the scene. "It's possible that the person responsible will have had blood on their hands and possibly blood on their clothing." The suspect is described as an Asian man in his early 20s with a slim build and dark receding hair.
I am sure if this had happened on Delhi bus stop, it would have got more coverage in British Media then in the case when it happened in Britain itself. Hope perpetrator of this crime is caught soon and brought to justice.

I am sure if this had happened on Delhi bus stop' date=' [u']it would have got more coverage in British Media then in the case when it happened in Britain itself. Hope perpetrator of this crime is caught soon and brought to justice.
Possible. But forget about britain , there have been numerous cases of brutal assaults on women which have not received the same extent of MSM coverage in India as compared to the dec16th case. The pubic protests immediately after Dec16th were unique. (Leftist organizations had a big role to play). Even outrage in India and coverage in Indian MSM is extremely selective. Incidents which occur in big cities are covered while small towns and villages are mostly ignored.

http://www.abplive.in/india/2015/03/08/article520893.ece/Shocking-Man-inserts-iron-rod-into-6-year-old%E2%80%99s-genitals-in-Ahmedabad This is worse than animal behavior..... But let's ban all new of this as well bcoz it well harm India's image.
Now wait for the apologists to come out and 'this is inspired by the news of delhi rape' and how these incidences have increased because of the publicity given to that case. Lets shove this news under the rugs....it will inspire more.

^^^^ How about also comparing the lives of rape victims in both the country. In America ...a rape victim can recover and have a life. In our country ...the consequences are life long.A rape victim stays raped for life. .....along with her family.....because of a mind set that requires such documentaries to be made.

http://www.abplive.in/india/2015/03/08/article520893.ece/Shocking-Man-inserts-iron-rod-into-6-year-old%E2%80%99s-genitals-in-Ahmedabad This is worse than animal behavior..... But let's ban all new of this as well bcoz it well harm India's image.
You want to make a documentary of this and listen to the rapist explaining what all he did during the rape? And you believe that is going to help ... exactly what?

The governments wants to, that is fine. I want to be king of the world. Does not mean I start a war. As i said nobody is stopping you from holding an opinion on this matter pro or against. The government of India is well within its rights to form any opinion it wants or pursue any legal stance. Nobody has stopped Leslie Udwin from appearing on television or giving interviews to newspapers expressing her view point (which is freedom of expression) What was barred was a commercial piece of film footage after permission from the courts. I dont agree with section 377. But those are the rules you live under. Every constitution in the world has some rigid parameters. It is upto any government to make sure the changes are made. If people feel strongly about it then they should vote for a government which legalises it.
You are justifying the government's stand because they followed "due process". I just explained to you that following "due process" does not make your stand correct. You can follow "due process" and be wrong. In this case, the government is trying to sweep an inconvenient fact under the carpet. And of course, anyone can have any opinions including pathetic ones like "Let BJP induct all criminals if it gives them sh1t". Such trite and platitudes with "jigar ka dil" can ea silly be flaunted on the Internet by the junta who lives in vilaayat.

^^^^ How about also comparing the lives of rape victims in both the country. In America ...a rape victim can recover and have a life. In our country ...the consequences are life long.A rape victim stays raped for life. .....along with her family.....because of a mind set that requires such documentaries to be made.
Trauma is the same whether you live in USA or UK or Mars or India. Depression is much higher in USA. Rape is a universal thing. Making "India's daughter" "America's daughter" won't help when your main motive is somehow getting the criminals to explain the gruesome act in their words and allow air time to justify his act(which was clearly coached by his lawyer). It is insensitive, misleading and highly patronizing. If you ask 80 out of 100 who watched the video what do you learn from it? More than 75% would say Indian men are scumbags and rapists. she didn't have time to interview the guy who was trying to protect her, but the criminal. But that would not have made as sensational as it is. All over guardian, CNN, Telegraph, Washington post.. we see this guys picture like he has achieved something. A slum dwelling psychopath suddenly gained relevance because he brutally raped someone and explained in his own words.

You want to make a documentary of this and listen to the rapist explaining what all he did during the rape? And you believe that is going to help ... exactly what?
and IF it does not help ... should we ban it? How does Big Boss or "kya aapke toothpaste mein namak hai ad" help India? Lets ban them too.

and IF it does not help ... should we ban it? How does Big Boss or "kya aapke toothpaste mein namak hai ad" help India? Lets ban them too.
I have no issue with airing it if she had not broken any law. Given a choice if they are okay to take off the interview with criminal i am fine with the rest . But trust me she would be willing to take every part of the interview except that one. I find the true intention of this video despicable. Having the criminal recount the event in his own words for shock value and in the process sensationalize a true event. Yes that is not a reason to ban. Government ban is for some other violations. Most of my problem is with the government authorities who allowed her to gain access to the criminal. if banning this video will prevent future such occurrence i am fine. I am not going to protest if they ban this video. This is not something worth we protest for. On my FB majority of the girls disliked the video and found it to be insensitive and misleading but none of them talked about banning the video. I get it some liked it some disliked it some found it offensive some found it stereotyping some found it cruel. some found it enlightening some found it necessary.. There is wide range of reactions to this video. All it has done is thrown social network into a chaos bickering with each other throwing ad hominem. It came down to my thinking is superior to your thinking etc.. Pretty much what we do here except we are far more civilized in our debates. Also banning only helped improve the visibility of this documentary more outside India. So there are more discussions from people from other countries. That is also following the same pattern. Some liked it some didn't. Some hard hitting stereotyping of Indian male did not escape my eyes.