Younis Khan

Gambit

Not a cop out, but dont want to waste my time searching. If you dont buy that, so be it. Also - when posters dont talk or attack you personally it is best you dont do that either. If I or someone else talks about a player, a match or a team, you can restrict your comments to the same, rather than name call the poster or label them as stupid or some such. Well, we can dish it back, but then, well if that is the last resort, then yes -sure I can be game for namecalling fest.

Not a cop out' date=' but dont want to waste my time searching. If you dont buy that, so be it.[/quote'] It is a cop out. Plain and simple.
Also - when posters dont talk or attack you personally it is best you dont do that either.
I am not known for name calling or making personal remarks. Why don't you ask around?
If I or someone else talks about a player, a match or a team, you can restrict your comments to the same, rather than name call the poster or label them as stupid or some such.
My my. Aren't you the priestess and lecturer of MB etiquette? I guess I should have gone to MB finishing school like you. :hysterical:
Well, we can dish it back, but then, well if that is the last resort, then yes -sure I can be game for namecalling fest.
BTW who is we? :laugh:

Gambit, I am not known for starting and attacking personally either. But if someone starts it, I know how to give it back. I start my threads, I post my views - about cricketers, coaches, matches whatever. If interested, respond to those, counter those, else feel free to ignore that post. As long as you dont attack personally, I dont start it anyway. I will not take lessons from you on what to post about our players and about me posting opinions on whether we can win a match or a series.

PS: Salil' date=' Not sure why you are jumping into this and starting another personal attack fight, but so be it. Game on.[/quote'] Eh, I'm bored of reading your obsessively critical rubbish in every other thread I click on here. And btw, you're one to talk about jumping into things and starting fights. This thread, when I read the first few posts (bar your first response), was to discuss Younis' feat and run of form recently. Since then, you've dragged it into a mudslinging pissfest. May as well join the crowd then. :)
I start my threads, I post my views - about cricketers, coaches, matches whatever. If interested, respond to those, counter those, else feel free to ignore that post.
Funny you should say that. Don't you call Ganguly fans worshippers when they praise Dada? Shouldn't you be following your own lecture by posting about the player and not the fans?
I will not take lessons from you on what to post about our players and about me posting opinions on whether we can win a match or a series.
Unlike you, I don't give lectures and lessons. I give my opinion. :laugh:

Salil, I agree in this thread I posted a conversation. There was no attacks in it, but I was making fun of Gambo. The reason was he had earlier made fun of me, and I was doing that. I will not curtail my freedom to post critically about our players or team performance, just because that does not suit your viewpoint.

Let me be clear: When I speak of obsessively critical rubbish, I'm not talking about you piling onto Harbhajan or Munaf or Karthik or anyone else. More about comments like this that take this thread completely off course.

No problem "Gambit" is just a placeholder :D Can "substitute" Gambit in the fictitious conversation with quite a few in ICF
Nope' date=' Gambit stands for someone who is quick to pull the trigger and make sarcastic fun of fellow posters in ICF just because they dont believe in the ability of our players, and are predicting a not-so-rosy outcome to a match.[/quote'] As far as my earlier weed comment about refusing to go away, it's comments by you like this that justify it:
There was no attacks in it' date=' but I was making fun of Gambo. The reason was he had earlier made fun of me, and I was doing that.[/quote'] Ergo, find new thread meant to discuss Player X or Stat Y, derail by trolling, turning it into a pissfest and wrecking YET another topic meant to discuss cricket. Anyway, I figure this digression's run its course. Shouldn't you find some other thread to troll in about some other poster who you're a little upset with?

Now Anand Vasu mentions the same:

Fitness or not, with this knock Younis has now scored three fourth-innings centuries in his last four Tests, making a serious difference to Pakistan's fortunes. "I think character is exactly the right word," Geoff Lawson said when describing how Younis, and Pakistan, had hung on for a draw. A match that began poorly for Pakistan had just ended in relief. "For much time on day three in this Test match we were in all sorts of trouble. But the three batsmen then, and again today, showed a ton of character."
http://content-www.cricinfo.com/indvpak/content/current/story/323738.html
Gambo: Yep, India will surely win. Why are you so pessimistic FL? FL: But , err...you see Pak can bat well, and our spinners can disappoint... Gambo: Nonsense, what sort of a post or thread is this...India winning...I wonder why fans dont have faith in our spinners. If not our spinners, you should trust the losers Pak batsmen... FL: Well, no, err... Gambo: Look at this idiot FL: Match gets over. Gambo: Wow! Younis Khan FL: :P (thinks something, but does not say it)
better to be optimistic then to be negative. You don't know how to enjoy life. And yes...superb knock from the pathan from mardan