Three tests three captains: Younis refuses to lead Pakistan at Bangalore.

Make Salman Butt the captain!
Agreed. It would be stupid to get Miswah to lead considering he has been around only for a year and most likely wont be here after 2010. Butt was the VC before and clearly is going to be around for a while. Plus of course he is the only reason Pakistan starts every innings at 10-1 and not 0-1. xx
Guest dada_rocks

Younus Khan knowing fully well; given pakistan's batting reserves and his own good form , that he can't be dropped is behaving like a megalomaniac.

Guest dada_rocks
This is shocking. As i have repeated so many times before, for a team that has so many internal wranglings, its a miracle pakistan even manages to compete as a team in the field. There would so many hurt egos in the pakistan, its amazing to think they are still in one piece.
Chaos is part and parcel of Pakistani socaity in general and people go about living their lives same is cricket. Everybody expects these things hence it doesn't affect them much
Younis Khan has rubbished all the rumors and will lead the side. Darn! This was a perfect time to rebel against the PCB.
I don't think it would have been wise enough to quit at this point in time in the series. Pakistan did wonderfully well under Younis' leadership in the last test match and not leading the 3rd test would have been pretty demoralizing. If he accepted to be the vice captain he has no choice. Once the test series is over he should stand down as the vice captain if he doesn't like the way cricket is run by PCB.

More I run, the more captaincy chases me: Younis Speculation of a leadership crisis in Pakistan camp was put to rest with Younis Khan making it clear that he would lead the team. More... Speculation of a leadership crisis in the Pakistan camp was put to rest with Younis Khan on Friday making it clear that he would lead the team in the third cricket Test against India and that there was no ‘confusion’ on this issue. Younis, who was said to be reluctant to lead the team, however, admitted that he had never enjoyed captaincy which had been chasing him time and again. "I always run away from captaincy because I want to enjoy my cricket. It affects my batting, but it comes to me every time. The more I run away from it, the more it chases me," Younis said on the eve of the match. "I accepted vice-captaincy for this tour only on request and I want to do my best. Now there is more pressure on the Pakistan captain issue. But I'm leading the side and there is no confusion and no differences in the team," he said. Pakistan media manager Ehsan Malik also dismissed media reports that Younis was reluctant to lead the side. "Since the time I arrived here I've been taking your calls since 6.30 in the morning till close to midnight. And I have responded to all your calls all the time. Last night so many people called me and I told everybody that this just baseless rumour. But the media has reported otherwise," he said. "My humble request to all of you with utmost humility is please believe my words," Malik added. Asked whether Pakistan were the favourites as Sachin Tendulkar might not play in the Test, Younis said Pakistan would look to level the series. "It's not the question of who is favourite and who's not. We want to win this Test and we don't want to lose out on a draw. We want to square the series." Younis also indicated that his team might not go with a four-way pace attack. "Conditions are good for fast bowlers but if it is a dry track there is no point in bringing in four fast bowlers. There's no point in putting pressure on Shoaib Akhtar as no one person can win a Test match," he said.

I don't think it would have been wise enough to quit at this point in time in the series. Pakistan did wonderfully well under Younis' leadership in the last test match and not leading the 3rd test would have been pretty demoralizing. If he accepted to be the vice captain he has no choice. Once the test series is over he should stand down as the vice captain if he doesn't like the way cricket is run by PCB.
you make a good point Ravi. I am a bit undecided about the timing of such a revolt but it seems that what you have written makes good sense. After the series is over the big players like Younis Khan must rebel against the board and the selectors. There is an urgent need to highlight all the obvious flaws.
you make a good point Ravi. I am a bit undecided about the timing of such a revolt but it seems that what you have written makes good sense. After the series is over the big players like Younis Khan must rebel against the board and the selectors. There is an urgent need to highlight all the obvious flaws.
I think there is none in the Pakistan team that deserves and has the ability to captain the team more than Younis Khan. With him around you always know Pakistan doesn't go down easily. Clearly Younis is the Rahul Dravid of Pakistan. Younis seems to operate like Rahul Dravid even with regards to captaincy too. Rather than end up fighting a losing battle with retards in the cricket board he opts not to captain. Pity PCB just doesn't seem to work with him. Younis as full time captain and Misbah as stand in would be a great choice IMO. Unfortunate for Pakistan, Malik will continue to captain the team once he is fit.