Mumbai Indian 2015 Official Thread

Roshanrocks

The only positive i can take from that Kings game is that Bhajji and Suchith showed they can bat down the order so Mumbai should treat Bhajji and Suchith as allrounders and play 5 bowlers.
Can't expect any sort of consistency from either and having one of them at 7 makes the other batsmen play conservatively.

This is my team Simmons Parthiv (wk) Rohit Anderson Chand/ some indian batsman Pollard Bhajji Suchith Malinga Bumrah Suyal (1) Vinay Kumar is useless. Bumrah to replace (2) Tare does not have the ability to bat at 3. If he does play it should be at 6/7 (3) Finch is out of form. Try Simmons (4) Parthiv must open. Even if Mumbai are like 30/0 in 5 it will be better The only positive i can take from that Kings game is that Bhajji and Suchith showed they can bat down the order so Mumbai should treat Bhajji and Suchith as allrounders and play 5 bowlers.
Pathetic!

Bhajji has a career average of 16 playing at 7 and a strike rate of 154 in his ipl career http://www.iplt20.com/teams/mumbai-indians/squad/103/Harbhajan-Singh/ Even between them they get like 20-25 runs per game it will have to do.
Might be the best option they have but its by far the worst middle/lower order from any side. MI has basically lost the cup at the auctions this time, as many sides do.

Might be the best option they have but its by far the worst middle/lower order from any side. MI has basically lost the cup at the auctions this time' date=' as many sides do.[/quote'] Anderson, Pollard and Harbhajan make a fine lower order. It is just that the first two messed up 2 games. Not a big deal.

Might be the best option they have but its by far the worst middle/lower order from any side. MI has basically lost the cup at the auctions this time' date=' as many sides do.[/quote'] that is true they just have to made good of a bad situation.

The problem is if you look at Rayadu's numbers in the past 2-3 seasons IPL he has been poor for the role he has been assigned. This guy needs to be regularly contributing 30 runs and holding that middle order together.

The problem is if you look at Rayadu's numbers in the past 2-3 seasons IPL he has been poor for the role he has been assigned. This guy needs to be regularly contributing 30 runs and holding that middle order together.
I am not sure where you got that from. Rayadu has been one of their better players in all recent editions. And even today, he is their 2nd best Indian batsman and a very consistent performer.

MI keep playing Pollard...he had done nothing to deserve a permanent place in the XI. And Simmons is sitting the dugout over Flinch. LOL. Hopefully they can fix their XI going forward. Otherwise it will be early end to their season (which may not be a bad thing)

My ideal XI: With Pollard: Simmons/Finch/Blizzard Parthiv Rohit Rayudu Anderson Pollard Tare/some Indian batsman Harbhajan Malinga Suyal/Suchith/Bumrah Suyal/Suchith/Bumrah Without Pollard: Simmons/Finch/Blizzard Simmons/Finch/Blizzard Rohit Rayudu Anderson Parthiv Tare/some Indian batsman Harbhajan Malinga Suyal/Suchith/Bumrah Suyal/Suchith/Bumrah