Whats with this BS of Pakistan "always" producing good fast bowlers?

This is because Pak is not a very good team as ive stated for the umpteenth time. They have no wicketkeeper, no leadership, no openers, no middle order and no fielder to take catches that the bowlers setup. Youre obsessed with averages etc. What you dont get is that a bowler that takes a 5 wicket haul is worth his weight in gold as opposed to a defensive seamer that wants to contain. Be honest with yourself if we sat down Ponting, Lara, Flintoff, Crowe who would you rather have as your seamers which ones theyd take: Shammi, Yadav, Kumar, M Sharma or Irfan, Junaid, Riaz, S Khan You know very well which group theyd pick for their squads. :giggle:
so current pak bolwers being better than current Indian fast bowlers makes them...'always' producing good fast bowlers ? :haha:
This is because Pak is not a very good team as ive stated for the umpteenth time. They have no wicketkeeper, no leadership, no openers, no middle order and no fielder to take catches that the bowlers setup. Youre obsessed with averages etc. What you dont get is that a bowler that takes a 5 wicket haul is worth his weight in gold as opposed to a defensive seamer that wants to contain. Be honest with yourself if we sat down Ponting, Lara, Flintoff, Crowe who would you rather have as your seamers which ones theyd take: Shami, Yadav, Kumar, M Sharma, Aaron or Irfan, Junaid, Riaz, S Khan You know very well which group theyd pick for their squads. :giggle:
Added Aaron as well in the Indian setup and TBH I wouldn't mind picking the Indian bowling attack at the moment. Irfan is too injury prone and with the latest stress fracture he may be out for a long time. Same with Junaid - he's too injury prone. Other aspect is the fielding. Indian counterparts are way ahead of their Pak counterparts as far as fielding/catching is concerned. So yeah at the moment I would go with Indian attack.
If I can speak without numbers' date=' I can also say [b']lungans doesn't have single good bowler in their test history . You don't want to see any argument on first thread with statistics but came here to show a finger like MCGG. If you are good enough counteract Precambrian with cold hard facts. Otherwise feck off.:finger::finger:
:finger: I can name three with sub 30 averages, and 100+ wickets. That is in 33 years of cricket. How many India has after 80 years of cricket? And how many Pakistan has after 80 years? There's only one winner here (rather regrettably), and it is Pakistan,
:finger: I can name three with sub 30 averages' date=' and 100+ wickets. That is in 33 years of cricket. How many India has after 80 years of cricket? And how many Pakistan has after 80 years? There's only one winner here (rather regrettably), and it is Pakistan,[/quote'] Comprehension issue and Colombo logic, I see..:finger::finger::finger:Let me make you understand.The opening poster is talking about the period after Wasim and Waqar retired and mainly about pace bowlers and not spinners. Name 3 pacers from Lanka.Lets see their names.But don't forget to exclude Bangladesh and Zimbabwe:yay:

I can see who has comprfehension issues.

I can also say lungans doesn't have single good bowler in their test history
You deviated from the OP right there, and come back and complain like a numpty that I have changed the goal posts. Get some comrehension lessons through ya thick skull. I know there isn't much volume in it but it can only improve you as a person.
:facepalm: When exactly did India have a better bowling attack than Pakistan?
Not in the last 35 years. In the 60s and 70s we had 4 great spinners who formed a good spin attack. This topic is about Pakistan not producing the quality fast bowlers that they did in the 80s and 90s. You have 3 great pacers in your test history. Atleast one more good one. But, in the last 12 years not a single pacer with 200 + test wickets and sub 30 average. Nothing to be happy about for you guys. India is unearthing multiple bowling talents only in the last 5 years. The gap between the Pakistan pace attack and the Indian pace attack is at its narrowest in the the last 35 years. Our trend is on the up and yours is on the down. Why would you like it ?
Aren't few of them have better averages than Kapil Dev?:finger:
Comprehension issue and Colombo logic, I see..:finger::finger::finger:Let me make you understand.The opening poster is talking about the period after Wasim and Waqar retired and mainly about pace bowlers and not spinners. Name 3 pacers from Lanka.Lets see their names.But don't forget to exclude Bangladesh and Zimbabwe:yay:
I can see who has comprfehension issues. You deviated from the OP right there, and come back and complain like a numpty that I have changed the goal posts. Get some comrehension lessons through ya thick skull. I know there isn't much volume in it but it can only improve you as a person.
Not me. Go back and look at the chain of posts. Iam quoting it for you. 1. The OP acknowledge that Wasim, waqar and Shoaib were good and then talks about lack of sustained excellence of pakistan pacers after retirements of W and W. 2. In stead of responding to that query ,You talk about Kapil Dev out of nowhere in your first post and change the goal post and that too with a finger. 3. Nobody here claimed or were talking about past fast bowlers story which we all know. 4. You never provided me a name of Single Srilankan fast bowler, leave alone 3 who had this mythical less than 30 average in tests, excluding Bangla and Zimbabwe. Instead you argue about deviating from goal post, blah blah ,blah. I know you cannot provide the answer because there is none. Deal with it. Vaas is the only bowler , I could think of, but his average is above 30 + when you exclude Zimb and Bangla.
Not in the last 35 years. In the 60s and 70s we had 4 great spinners who formed a good spin attack. This topic is about Pakistan not producing the quality fast bowling that they did in the 80s and 90s. You have 3 great pacers in your test history. Atleast one more good one. But, in the last 12 years not a single pacer with 200 + test wickets and sub 30 average. Nothing to be happy about for you guys. India is unearthing multiple bowling talents only in the last 5 years. The gap between the Pakistan pace attack and the Indian pace attack is at its narrowest in the the last 35 years. Our trend is on the up and yours is on the down. Why would you like it ?
Exactly. There are serious comprehension issues because the posters cannot argue their points in a civil manner. Instead, one Sri Lankan Poster talks about Kapil Dev anD another pakistani poster talks about Malinga.
Not in the last 35 years. In the 60s and 70s we had 4 great spinners who formed a good spin attack. This topic is about Pakistan not producing the quality fast bowlers that they did in the 80s and 90s. You have 3 great pacers in your test history. Atleast one more good one. But, in the last 12 years not a single pacer with 200 + test wickets and sub 30 average. Nothing to be happy about for you guys. India is unearthing multiple bowling talents only in the last 5 years. The gap between the Pakistan pace attack and the Indian pace attack is at its narrowest in the the last 35 years. Our trend is on the up and yours is on the down. Why would you like it ?
This I agree with but I was really pointing that out to a few particular posters. But maybe Pakistan hasn't had any bowler with 200+ Test wickets due to the competition? There is always someone to replace a bowler with, meaning a couple of bad series for a bowler and he is more often than not dropped from the team. Amir and Asif if not banned would have had 200 wickets by now. Pakistan has tried new bowlers in the last 4 years since and you can't really expect any pace bowler to get 200 wickets within 4 years. But I think no pace bowler has crossed even 100 wickets so your point stands. However, In comparison to India, Ishant Sharma has played 61 test matches and hence 187 wickets too...but the question is would he have got to play 61 test matches if he was a Pakistani?
Vaas is the only bowler , I could think of, but his average is above 30 + when you exclude Zimb and Bangla.
Can I ask why you would exclude Zimbabwe and Bangladesh? Every team gets to play against them so there is no need to take them out. Average of under 30 with Zimbabwe and Bangladesh included is still decent IMO.
Exactly. There are serious comprehension issues because the posters cannot argue their points in a civil manner. Instead' date=' one Sri Lankan Poster talks about Kapil Dev anD another pakistani poster talks about Malinga.[/quote'] Malinga is a very good LOI bowler, outstanding in T20s. I think most Indians in this forum acknowledge this. His test performance, however, is very ordinary. He is already 31 years old but has only 101 wickets from 30 TESTS , average of 33.16. So....a very average test bowler. Vaas was the only good test pacer from Lanka in their history. This thread is about test pacers. So, there we are. You are right... some Pakistani and a Lankan poster are debating off topic.
No they dont,ehsan adil and sohail are rank trundlers around 133-137 k avg speed,rahat surprisingly bowled a bit quicker in this wc at 140 k but his record aint impressive at all in his short career.only wahab can get into this indian side as of now,we need to see how junaid and amir do after their comeback. I think india's pace bowling resource is pretty healthy with shami,yadav,bhuvi,aaron.don't read too much from the recently concluded test series in aus,those were absolute pattas where even the best Australiam bowlers avged 35+
Right. I was trying to be sarcastic.
This I agree with but I was really pointing that out to a few particular posters. But maybe Pakistan hasn't had any bowler with 200+ Test wickets due to the competition? There is always someone to replace a bowler with, meaning a couple of bad series for a bowler and he is more often than not dropped from the team. Amir and Asif if not banned would have had 200 wickets by now. Pakistan has tried new bowlers in the last 4 years since and you can't really expect any pace bowler to get 200 wickets within 4 years. But I think no pace bowler has crossed even 100 wickets so your point stands. However, In comparison to India, Ishant Sharma has played 61 test matches and hence 187 wickets too...but the question is would he have got to play 61 test matches if he was a Pakistani?
Do you see much support for Ishant in this forum ? I too think that Ishant Sharma should not have been in our test team in the last 3 years. Funny thing is...after 6 years of pathetic test bowling and staying on because of favouritism.... from 2014 Ishant has started picking up regular wickets in tests and combining accuracy, decent pace and steep bounce. So, it is a strange strange case. Almost unique. As far as Pakistan is concerned....I feel that you should stick with good talent once you have identified it. Otherwise, good players will never comeup. I remember that Wasim and Waqar got a lot of support from Imran during their formative years. We, in India , have got good results by sticking with good batting talent through thick and thin. Our board and team management have generally handled the batsmen well.
Can I ask why you would exclude Zimbabwe and Bangladesh? Every team gets to play against them so there is no need to take them out. Average of under 30 with Zimbabwe and Bangladesh included is still decent IMO.
Off topic, but Bangladesh and Zimbabwe are not of test quality.Even when they publish lots of stats in cricinfo, they exclude Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. You can play unlimited number of matches against them in tests and reduce your bowlin average,but simply put they are not of test quality.Zimbabwe was somewhat competitive in early 90s when flower brothers were there ,nothing after that.