Who is the Most Overrated Cricketer?

Sachin is definitely over rated. With the way some Indians and even non-Indians go on about it you would think he averages close to what Bradman did. Oh wait, he doesn't. So then why would Indians consider him greater than Bradman? Maybe Sachin played in an era of uncovered pitches or without helmets? For the word over rated you start in the sub-continent, you look at Tendulkar to begin with. Whilst Afridi is over rated by a ton of idiots in Pakistan, the rest of the world knows he's always been pretty useless. Other crap players over rated, but no where near to the level of Tendulkar are Jayawardene, Kallis, Inzamam, McCullum etc. I'm not saying Tendulkar's bad, lol, he's anything but bad. But the way some people go on about him you'd think he averaged more than Bradman.
Sachin is overrated, but that does not mean Don could average 100 if he played today. Don is highly overrated as well, bowling standards of his today are not comparable to Sachin's days. Even Viv is highly overrated. Most people rate Viv based on his purple patch at the beginning of his career. In his second half, Viv was a pale shadow of his first half.
Sachin is overrated, but that does not mean Don could average 100 if he played today. Don is highly overrated as well, bowling standards of his today are not comparable to Sachin's days.
If Bradman scored those runs on uncovered pitches without helmets, I think he would have coped in the same way if not better. I've seen what uncovered pitches are like and how they deteriorate. If Bradman was from India, questions about his ability and average would never suffice.
If Bradman scored those runs on uncovered pitches without helmets, I think he would have coped in the same way if not better. I've seen what uncovered pitches are like and how they deteriorate. If Bradman was from India, questions about his ability and average would never suffice.
Yes but for argument about pitches, against it you have, a low talent pool, amaetuer cricketers, playing primarily against one opposition on one or two countries. And on a thread which is bashing one of foremost Indian cricketers, mainly by Indians you claim questions of Bradman's ability wouldn't arise? No Aussie would question Bradman, however some Indians full of regionalism, or fans of other players or just trolls would tear down Bradman.
It's funny that someone who makes it to almost every 'All Time XI' is termed by some people as overrated.
It's not hard to understand. Both Bradman and Sachin are the best batsmen of their eras but that doesn't mean they can't be overrated. Bradman is overrated because I don't think the quality of bowling back then was as good as it is now and Sachin is overrated when people start referring to him as 'God of cricket'. Sachin is a great batsmen but when you look at his average it is on par with a lot of other cricketers. However, the special thing about Sachin was the longevity of his career IMO, most other players would probably have a lot lower averages if they played from the age 16-40.
If my grandpa had played cricket he would have averaged 150. :cantstop:
Yes but for argument about pitches, against it you have, a low talent pool, amaetuer cricketers, playing primarily against one opposition on one or two countries. And on a thread which is bashing one of foremost Indian cricketers, mainly by Indians you claim questions of Bradman's ability wouldn't arise? No Aussie would question Bradman, however some Indians full of regionalism, or fans of other players or just trolls would tear down Bradman.
problem with sachin fan is that they claim sachin is #1 in everything .. even #2 is also not acceptable :facepalm: sachin is not bradman .. ( and dont quote bradmans word that sachin reminds him ).. irrespective of the standard , he was head and shoulders above his peers .. but when comes to sachin , few are as good as him and many a times they dominated the bowling more than him.. sachin is unique in a way that he could able to maintain a consistent performance throughout his career .. if sachin career is equated as final year exam scores it will be like 30 , [ 50 , 50 , 50 , 50 , 51 , 53 , 52 , 50 , 50 , 50 , .....,50 , 50 , 50 ] , 30 etc etc then for Ponting it will be like 30 , 30 , 45 , [ 50 , 70 , 80 , 70 , 70 , 60 ] , 40 , 30 , 30 etc etc not sure whther aussies question bradman or not .. but they put everyone in their own place including the likes of ponting , waugh etc .. CSK Fan .. you are like one rigid muslim mulla .. beleive blindly something and never use your tiny brain :finger:
problem with sachin fan is that they claim sachin is #1 in everything .. even #2 is also not acceptable :facepalm: sachin is not bradman .. ( and dont quote bradmans word that sachin reminds him ).. irrespective of the standard , he was head and shoulders above his peers .. but when comes to sachin , few are as good as him and many a times they dominated the bowling more than him.. sachin is unique in a way that he could able to maintain a consistent performance throughout his career .. if sachin career is equated as final year exam scores it will be like 30 , [ 50 , 50 , 50 , 50 , 51 , 53 , 52 , 50 , 50 , 50 , .....,50 , 50 , 50 ] , 30 etc etc then for Ponting it will be like 30 , 30 , 45 , [ 50 , 70 , 80 , 70 , 70 , 60 ] , 40 , 30 , 30 etc etc not sure whther aussies question bradman or not .. but they put everyone in their own place including the likes of ponting , waugh etc .. CSK Fan .. you are like one rigid muslim mulla .. beleive blindly something and never use your tiny brain :finger:
But I never supported Sachin thambi, are you confusing me for someone else?
But I never supported Sachin thambi' date=' are you confusing me for someone else?[/quote'] well .. there use to be one uber sensitive sachinsta + uber sensitive feminist and a pseudo secularist in ICF .. :giggle::giggle: i assumed that is you
Sachin is also head and shoulders above his peers. As i demonstrated in an earlier thread, he has 13500 runs @ 60 average. The next nearest bloke is Kallis with 12K @ 58 or so and nobody within a country mile. Sachin is easily the best batsman (all formats considered) in living memory with Bradman being his only possible competition. Sachin not only averaged higher and longer than anyone else to've batted, he also did it in the era that was the hardest to bat in, having faced more quality bowlers and more variety of pitches than any other batsman.
Sachin is also head and shoulders above his peers. As i demonstrated in an earlier thread' date=' [b']he has 13500 runs @ 60 average. The next nearest bloke is Kallis with 12K @ 58 or so and nobody within a country mile. Sachin is easily the best batsman (all formats considered) in living memory with Bradman being his only possible competition. Sachin not only averaged higher and longer than anyone else to've batted, he also did it in the era that was the hardest to bat in, having faced more quality bowlers and more variety of pitches than any other batsman.
i think you are supporting my point :giggle: 60 vs 58 .. but whose average was near 99 ?? IMO bradman is also overrated .. wont be averaging 99 in this era .. again if sachin played in bradmans era , he wont be anywhere closer to that 99 average
well .. there use to be one uber sensitive sachinsta + uber sensitive feminist and a pseudo secularist in ICF .. :giggle::giggle: i assumed that is you
Nope, proud tamilian, CSK fan and right winger here. And women, what are those things doing outside their kitchen?
how much do you love don mama ?? :--D and i thought proud tamilains hate national parties :hmmm:
Amma supporter so loving Don Mama is not an option, great soul though he is. You can only self-immolate, for one person. After all, I have only one tongue and one nose to sacrifice.
Amma supporter so loving Don Mama is not an option' date=' great soul though he is. You can only self-immolate, for one person. After all, I have only one tongue and one nose to sacrifice.[/quote'] and statistics shows 81% of the chennai are stupid sachinstas .. hope you are not one among them :--D
Sachin is also head and shoulders above his peers. As i demonstrated in an earlier thread, he has 13500 runs @ 60 average. The next nearest bloke is Kallis with 12K @ 58 or so and nobody within a country mile. Sachin is easily the best batsman (all formats considered) in living memory with Bradman being his only possible competition. Sachin not only averaged higher and longer than anyone else to've batted, he also did it in the era that was the hardest to bat in, having faced more quality bowlers and more variety of pitches than any other batsman.
Trust me you don't want to bat on the decks that Bradman played on. They were horrible. Not as bad as the 1910's to 20's but they were tough. And if I could be bothered I would argue against the whole Bradman Sachin thing but eh.