The French Open 2015

Cricketics

Federer's draw is is definitely more smooth than Djokovic's but that does not guarantee Federer an easy run to finals. He will be tested. He might be playing better than he did last year, but he is still struggling to finish it off against some of the top young big server. Though, I hope he reach final and win, I think Andy Murray might surprise us this time on clay. I hope some othe rplayers too chip in from the other half of the draw.

If rumours are correct then Federer will be playing first' date=' Novak's half the next day, even more useful for Federer's half. Despite what appears to be a draw and a schedule heavily in favour of Fed, I can't see him getting to the final. Any number of players can beat him and one of them will.[/quote'] I would hate to see Federer fluking another FO without beating Nadal or Djokovic. If he beats one of them and then wins the title then all credit to him. Also it would be better for Nadal to lose against Djokovic than any other player. After what he has done in this tournament over the last decade, a defeat to a lesser player would not feel right. So in a way I am happy that he would play Djokovic in QF. He can't keep winning it forever and has to lose one day. This year feels like the end of his run at RG. He would win one more in the future though.

Murray has the toughest draw IMO. It's brutal. Kyrigos' date=' Isner, Ferrer, Nadal/Djokovic, Federer/kei.[/quote'] I agree but it will work as an advatage for him if he clears those early hurdles. Going into quarters and semis beating players like Isner, Nadal will just give him more confidence against Djoker, that is if they meet.

Isn't it funny how these things work out. Murray has for a long time had easy R1-R3 opponents at slams. The later stages obviously mean matches against Novak-Rafa-Roger but that's the same for the entire field. Murray may get his due in the next couple of slams drawing tough unseeded and seeded guys early on. I can see Murray getting beaten by Isner but not Ferrer. Ferrer whilst still a top player, is getting older and older and that physical game he asks of himself just can't carry him deep anymore.

I would hate to see Federer fluking another FO without beating Nadal or Djokovic. If he beats one of them and then wins the title then all credit to him. Also it would be better for Nadal to lose against Djokovic than any other player. After what he has done in this tournament over the last decade' date= a defeat to a lesser player would not feel right. So in a way I am happy that he would play Djokovic in QF. He can't keep winning it forever and has to lose one day. This year feels like the end of his run at RG. He would win one more in the future though.
No one ever flukes a slam, ever! You have to beat what is in front of you. I understand the point you make about not beating the best to win slams, but it's not his fault x or y player gets beaten early. You need to beat 7 guys in best of 5 sets matches over a 2 week period, no one can fluke a slam, no such thing. The pressure on Djokovic was already massive, but this incredible season so far has put even more pressure on him. Everyone is asking the same question, is it his time? Everyone knows he is the best player in the world by a country mile at the moment, but that means sh*t really. Winning RG could propel him to even greater heights, so will the pressure on him be too much or like in some slams and big matches before will he relish the pressure?

Bernardes taken out of Nadal matches at the French As Rafael Nadal prepares to defend his French Open crown in Paris next week, his time-wasting is making a mockery of the tennis rulebook. The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Carlos Bernardes, the last umpire to seriously challenge Nadal on this point, has been withdrawn from Nadal’s matches since and is unlikely to officiate him at Roland Garros. The bad blood between the two dates back to Feb 22, and the semi-final of the Rio Open. Bernardes followed the letter of the law by handing Nadal two time violation penalties for exceeding the 25-second limit between points, the second of which cost him a first serve. In a Spanish exchange captured by the courtside microphones, a furious Nadal then told Bernardes: “I will make sure that you don’t arbitrate me anymore.” Clearly agitated, he went on to lose to Fabio Fognini in three sets. What on earth !!! Blatant favoritism and cheating going on here. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/frenchopen/11622372/French-Open-2015-Rafael-Nadal-makes-a-mockery-of-the-rule-book.html

Don't worry nadal fans,Federer will be most likely taken out by nishikori or berdych.he doesn't seem interested in the FO anymore after that 2011 final loss. The other half of the draw is super interesting,novak vs stan/nishikori in the finals :hmmm:

I would hate to see Federer fluking another FO without beating Nadal or Djokovic. If he beats one of them and then wins the title then all credit to him. Also it would be better for Nadal to lose against Djokovic than any other player. After what he has done in this tournament over the last decade' date=' a defeat to a lesser player would not feel right. So in a way I am happy that he would play Djokovic in QF. He can't keep winning it forever and has to lose one day. This year feels like the end of his run at RG. He would win one more in the future though.[/quote'] What a ridiculous post.what's with this fanboyism,if nadal gets beaten by a newbie or someone like murray,take it like a man and give credit to the opposition.there is no such thing as deserves to win/lose in a KO format of a GS,you play who you get,you get beaten,fine ,you win ,great!! Federer deserved the FO as much as nadal deserved the any of those USO and AO ,guys like fed,rafa are champions and they don't care who they face to win,all that matters is a win and i am damn sure it won't bother nadal if Federer somehow wins the FO without having to face any of the tough guys,that's how tennis works!!

Those guys give their all to win 7 matches in a row and we term them as flukes!! How ridiculous!!
Exactly. Just stand by and see how hard they practice at the opens or any other tournaments. I have seen enough tennis in person at Indian wells and us open or in Washington and seen these players practice their heart out. They do not carry large teams to look like pro players. They work extremely hard.

What a ridiculous post.what's with this fanboyism,if nadal gets beaten by a newbie or someone like murray,take it like a man and give credit to the opposition.there is no such thing as deserves to win/lose in a KO format of a GS,you play who you get,you get beaten,fine ,you win ,great!! Federer deserved the FO as much as nadal deserved the any of those USO and AO ,guys like fed,rafa are champions and they don't care who they face to win,all that matters is a win and i am damn sure it won't bother nadal if Federer somehow wins the FO without having to face any of the tough guys,that's how tennis works!!
Tennis is an individual sport, it matters a great deal who you are playing against and who you are winning against. Otherwise Federer would have had 5 RG trophies by now and Nadal 4 Wimbledon. You are getting worked up over the use of the word "fluke", you should be able to see what I actually meant by it. I am someone who values the sense of occasion and theatrics associated with sport, without that it would be just a hollow game without any emotion. That is why if Nadal were to lose this time, I would prefer Djokovic to beat him and eventually win the title and I would value it over Federer's RG title in 2009.

Bernardes taken out of Nadal matches at the French As Rafael Nadal prepares to defend his French Open crown in Paris next week, his time-wasting is making a mockery of the tennis rulebook. The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Carlos Bernardes, the last umpire to seriously challenge Nadal on this point, has been withdrawn from Nadal’s matches since and is unlikely to officiate him at Roland Garros. The bad blood between the two dates back to Feb 22, and the semi-final of the Rio Open. Bernardes followed the letter of the law by handing Nadal two time violation penalties for exceeding the 25-second limit between points, the second of which cost him a first serve. In a Spanish exchange captured by the courtside microphones, a furious Nadal then told Bernardes: “I will make sure that you don’t arbitrate me anymore.” Clearly agitated, he went on to lose to Fabio Fognini in three sets. What on earth !!! Blatant favoritism and cheating going on here. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/frenchopen/11622372/French-Open-2015-Rafael-Nadal-makes-a-mockery-of-the-rule-book.html
There is no cheating here. That reporter is talking out of his backside. It is well within the rules for the players to request such a change. Nadal has had issues with Bernades for a long time. It is not just one time violation incident. The tipping point was obviously Rio when Bernades did not handle the shorts issue professionally. When you lose confidence on someone it is better to have someone else for the job. Nadal was very open about his request yesterday. I don't see any problem with it as long as requests from other players also get similar consideration.

There is no cheating here. That reporter is talking out of his backside. It is well within the rules for the players to request such a change. Nadal has had issues with Bernades for a long time. It is not just one time violation incident. The tipping point was obviously Rio when Bernades did not handle the shorts issue professionally. When you lose confidence on someone it is better to have someone else for the job. Nadal was very open about his request yesterday. I don't see any problem with it as long as requests from other players also get similar consideration.
As per Nadal it is not about time violation but other incident where above mentioned referree had declined to Nadal's request for a break to changing room for changing of shorts. As per french organisors Nadal never made a pro-active request rather they made this consideration on their own assessment. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nadal-asks-chair-umpire-bernardes-not-matches-204602560--ten.html
.Nadal asks that chair umpire Bernardes not work his matches .By HOWARD FENDRICH (AP Tennis Writer) 10 hours ago AP - Sports PARIS (AP) -- Rafael Nadal has asked the ATP that chair umpire Carlos Bernardes not be assigned to his matches for the time being because of a dispute between the two at a tournament in February. After his first-round victory at the French Open on Tuesday, Nadal said he respects Bernardes, but it is ''better for both of us if we are not (on a) court at the same time for a while.'' Nadal said he felt Bernardes was ''not enough respectful'' during a match in Rio de Janeiro, when Nadal put his shorts on improperly and asked if he could go to the locker room to change. Nadal said Bernardes told him he would receive a time warning. ''For me, that's not fair,'' Nadal said. At Roland Garros, the French tennis federation handles chair umpire assignments. A federation spokesperson said there was no request by Nadal to avoid Bernardes during the French Open, but added that it's common knowledge the two have a tense relationship so it makes sense not to put them on the same court. ATP spokesman Simon Higson said the tour wouldn't comment on any specific decisions related to how it picks chair umpires for matches. Speaking generally about a player asking for a certain umpire to be kept away from his matches, Higson wrote in an email: ''Requests such as this are not uncommon, either from the player or the umpire.'' Asked Tuesday whether he had ever made such a request, Novak Djokovic said he hadn't - nor did he think it a regular occurrence. ''There are some chair umpires in some matches that I remember that I wasn't very happy with how they did their job, but I never thought of requesting a chair umpire not to ever - or whatever, for a certain time - be a chair umpire in my matches,'' Djokovic said. ''I don't think that's fair. I don't think that's fair to them. You know, they do their job as best as they can. Of course, sometimes they do it better or worse.''