The French Open 2015

Cricketics

You follow umpires too!! Good on you :two_thumbs_up: I wouldn't be able to name a single one. In between, having seen the video that Zep posted i think that umpire should have been barred by ATP itself. The way he was laughing at Rafa, and overall behaviour was extremely disrespectful and should have been enough to earn a ban from ATP.
There is nothing new in what Nadal requested. Wawrinka other day revealed that he has also made similar requests in the past. Federer also played it down suggesting that it is not an uncommon practice. Just that it came out in public this time and some people have a habit of vilifying Nadal. Players are free to request anything. The authorities decide whether that request has any merit. Nadal's case certainly does. Not only that, according to an article in L'equipe, umpires are given a sheet at the beginning of each tournament to mark yes/no against players' names; they can note down any player that they want to to avoid. So the umpires already have that provision. It is a trivial issue really. Djokovic is the only player trying to gain brownie points here. His fake personality needs all the good PR he gets. As soon as a match gets tight or the crowd supports his opponent which is usually the case everywhere his true colors come out.

Nadal seems to have a comprehensive win against Almagro. 6-4' date='6-3,6-1. Did anybody watch that match? was he as dominant as scoreline suggests. Almagaro may have gone down but used to be a good force on claycourts.[/quote'] It was a solid performance from Nadal. Not at his best yet but starting to get his mojo back. Although I am not sure if that will be enough to beat Djokovic.

I'm not sure why you, Zep and Raghav seem to think I don't appreciate what he can and cannot do. The number of times I've said he is almost twice the player Novak because of his slam count, even though I'm a massive Novak fan. What do you want? Praise of a player even when they make stupid mistakes and requests? I think Rafa shouldn't be requesting anything to do with umpires, it's not his job to. Bernades employed the rules correctly, if he can't handle it, he needs to fix himself up. Stop wasting time, put on your clothes correctly and stop doing things on the tennis court that require umpire's to make a decision. Sure Novak and Roger do all sorts out on the court. I don't like it, I particularly am not fond of Novak hurling obsceneties at the crowd when they don't support him. However Novak dealt with it correctly, he decided to skip Madrid and didn't break rules along the way. He's still not anywhere near over it, but if is going to do it then sure warn him. Anyways Nadal messed up, he needs to get on with the game and play. Stop whinging about umpires. He's too good of a player to be worrying about crap like that.
You should probably read some of the things that you write. It's ok if someone writes for fun but you have been a serial offender. If you have played any level of sports then you would understand that after every game a review of the umpire is done by the players. This happens at club level matches as well. And look, this was a really stupid thing by the Umpire. Anyone can wear his shorts wrongly. Look what you wrote about it(is he a 3 year old or what). I am sure everyone of us wear our t-shirts incorrectly. And had it been just T-shirt, it would have been non issue. But, shorts is a different matter. And the way he sat there and laughing about it, really seems very odd. If you don't lose faith on the umpire after that then what else does?

Djokovic is the only player trying to gain brownie points here. His fake personality needs all the good PR he gets. As soon as a match gets tight or the crowd supports his opponent which is usually the case everywhere his true colors come out.
Doesn't matter if the crowd likes him or not. At Miami, IW and Wimbledon last year, crowd clearly were against him. They were behind Fed and Murray, but Novak did the right thing he stuck his middle finger at them and you by winning the events. No better way to piss off a crowd than to beat their man. At RG though it's never really been like that except when it's against French players, which is understandable.

Monfils never disappoints. The best entertainer in tennis. :haha:
I am glad he is not jus trying to entertain but actually has taken his game seriously in last 2 years. He could have had same rank few years bank but did end up compensating few crucial points every game in order to entertain the crowd. Now he is more serious about the game.

Btw, which player out of the top 10 you are a fan of? I am a big Giles Simon fan. He has pushed pretty much every and is capable of beating top 4. Has already beaten few in the past. His ability to play so many 5 setters and then win them is what I really like. He is perhaps the only French Player I feel is can put money on. Monfils is a dangerous bet always as you never know with him which Monfils would turn up. Monfils is freak like Chris Gayle. Simon is just good.

Kokkanakis has a big big game. If he sorts out his slice and drop shots and improves his return, that's a slam winner for the future. Novak played well today, coped with the big hitting and dished out some heavy hits himself.

It's hotting up nicely. Nadal is building up rhythm. Djokovic seems to be flying as well. The othe rhalf has some very tasty matches. Love it, love slams for this reason. Even Anderson vs Gasquet right now, entertaining match.

Where is everyone man? It's an exciting slam no one is posting on yesterday's matches or today's humdingers. Tsonga - Berdych Monfils - Federer Simon - Wawrinka The French are going to go nuts today, I can see potential wins for all 3 of their men but more likely you get 1 win, Simon. Simon has the game to negate Stan's weapons I feel, especially since they say SL court is slower than PC.