Who is a better test batsman ?

Ram

Who is a better test batsman ?  

1. 1.

• Yuvraj Singh
    • Mahendra Singh Dhoni

without dhoni we would have lost TIED england series. With OUT dhoni's 56 in 1st test vs pakistan we WON it.
grrrr! thats one test match ? does that valiant effort make him the "best" batsman ? I don't think so

Dhoni or Yuvraj ? Sounds more like a question for Deepika! I dont think the comparison makes sense. Dhoni is a first choice wicket keeper. As a batsman he is a bit like Mark Boucher. May not have a great batting average. But when the team needs him with the bat, Dhoni is always there. Dhoni, more than makes up for his lesser batting technique, with his ice-kool temperament, his ability to revel under pressure and when necessary, his brutal aggression. Yuvraj, OTOH is a pure batsman -- perhaps the most talented of all our youngsters. The guy can bat like an artist and yet, switch gears seamlessly and slog like that mad man Afridi. His stroke play is breathtaking and is as rich as it gets -- is there a shot this man cannot play ? He used to be too loose as a starter early in his career. But oflate, has matured as a batsman. His shot selection has improved and knows when to conserve and when to attack. And as Osman wrote on cricinfo, when his mind, body, timing, technique all come together, Yuvraj reaches a zone that most batsmen can only dream of (like he showed the other day on his way to 169). A sensational batting talent, real privilege to watch this man bat!

The guy can bat like an artist and yet' date=' switch gears seamlessly and [b']slog like that mad man Afridi.
Disagree. Yuvraj plays cricketing shots. Regardless of my criticisms of him, he's a marvel to watch when on song with his strokeplay. Classic textbook shots for the most part with great timing, power and grace. Afridi's the complete opposite - wild, uncultured hoicks that come off on flatter surfaces, and will eventually fall to the percentage game in conditions that are even slightly bowler-friendly. When talking about his big hitting, I'd say he's capable of being explosive in the manner of a Lara, Cairns or Gilchrist. But not the graceless, crude manner of Afridi.
Jesus ! Does he have good footwork .. I would say yes .. Can he read the doosra or googly ' date=' I would say no .. [b']Watch him struggle against quality spin from likes of Murali ..
I have certainly watched him against Murali. Just read the ODI scores here when he played Murali: Link He is a good player of spin.

In my opinion Yuvraj is a better batsman than Dhoni. His record will improve once he becomes a permanent in test team. Having said that Dhoni has shown that he can be a good test batsman. Apart for the England innings when India last visited Pak 2nd test we had lost all top order batsman and still needed 100+ to avoid follow on Dhoni scored 150 with tail and helped us draw the match. But if i were to bet on who among the two will end up with a better test record i would go with Yuvraj.