Bahubali : India's Biggest Motion Picture

Kalia_Test

Even I watch all kinds of movies ( Hindi is my mother tongue) but the difference is, I recognize path-breaking, trend-breaking movies. Bahubali IS. Bajrangi is NOT....It is NOT about flavor of season. I too enjoy light--hearted comedy, some romcoms,etc in hindi but I will NOT call them path-breaking or anything. It does not matter to me how much they make. Everything is relative. Discussion on Bahhubali's BO collections is ONLY because it is the biggest budget movie ever in INDIAN cinema. And since the Product is AWESOME as per many here itself ( and many worldwide), many were hoping that it makes enough so that INDIAN cinema makes a giant leap in terms of visualizations, scale,etc.. Bahubali is anything but mediocrity. And your arguments are lame. It is like me saying Ramgopal Verma AAG is best - so I am unbiased. Mughal-E-Azam is trash - Now view my argument that I praised a Bollywood movie so I am unbiased so I am always unbiased ( though Bombay, Roza were better than 99% bollywood movies ever...Shivaji the boss is a pure commercial movie that even hardcore Tamil fans will not say is anywhere the best).
As per the respective film makers both bahubali and bajranji bhaijaan are path breaking in their own way but for me both of them are not .... What you consider as path breaking is an evolution using methods available "Today". In terms of films set in historical backdrops, of the recent ones - Jodha Akbar was good. Mohendaro and Bajaroa Mastani look promising too I said that I loved films such as Roza, Bombay and Shivaji the boss, not that they are best or path-breaking or whatever. They are amongst my favs. So if I am biased against South films, I would not have loved those films too :P

For bahubali - people are saying it is path breaking. Many eminent film-makers, actors,etc have already been quoted in this thread itself. For Bajrangi - I am not sure anyone is saying anything about path-breaking ( BO collections have been addressed in an earlier post where there was predictably no response :P) . Run of mill movie like many others :dontknow: I would say, India needs to constitute a committee headed by Rajamouli sir with advisers like Karan Johar, Hirani, etc to guide INDIAN cinema forward :P

Even SRK converted - the MIGHT of Bahubali :yay: http://www.ibtimes.co.in/ss-rajamoulis-baahubali-bahubali-inspires-shah-rukh-khan-srk-thanks-entire-team-641354 User Actions Follow Shah Rukh KhanVerified account ‏@iamsrk Baahubali what a hard worked at film. 2 every1 involved thanx for the inspiration. U can only reach the sky if u r willing to take the leap! Bollywood sure needed the inspiration if we go by the so-called 'King' of Bollywood. Film-maker Ram Gopal Verma's tweet read, "In an industry jungle of lions,tigers, pythons and elephants, the Bahubali Dinosaur arrived and now the survival rules will have to change (sic)." Bahubali is not just a film. It is a wake-up call, it is a giant leap, it is what is called a Transformation. Proud to be part of Bahubali generation :yay: There will be fights in later generations between " people that have seen Bahubali ( majority)" and " people that have not seen bahubal (minority)i" :sad:

^^ Dude, despite all the technological advances in film-making, if the director is relying on cheap thrills like undressing the main female lead to score a romantic point, isn't it time to get out of that rut and show decent mass content.? That's my beef with Rajmouli and all telugu movies.

^^ Dude, despite all the technological advances in film-making, if the director is relying on cheap thrills like undressing the main female lead to score a romantic point, isn't it time to get out of that rut and show decent mass content.? That's my beef with Rajmouli and all telugu movies.
No arguments there bro but Bahubali is NOT a blockbuster because of that.In fact the negative points are because of that. On cheap thrills, all Bollywood films and all South films are guilty. Why the feck did Rajni need Aishwarya in Enthiran?Was it not to say " see..our Rajni is so great even great Aishwarya falls for him?". Why did Salman need Chikni Chameli? Why did he need Kareena in Bajrangi? Could he not have cast a new-comer as the female role was ornamental in any case ? What was Kareena's role in 3 idiots? We can argue till generations. Point is neither Bollywood nor South movies are beyond that. We can argue why Bajrangi needed Pak girl and sympathy and all that stuff. This is never ending and a separate discussion. I am OK and will not contest if you really think Bahuabli was a monster hit because of any cheap thrills. My opinion is very different as there were way more vulgar depictions of women in Telugu,Tamil, Bollywood movies but had nowhere near the success of Bahubali. In fact, I am glad at woman depictions like Ramya Krishna and Anushka in Bahubali :two_thumbs_up:

Reading your first paragraph I thought you were referring to Titanic.:winky:

Reading your first paragraph I thought you were referring to Titanic.:winky:
Wasn't the movie a romantic film set against the sinking of the Titanic :dontknow: Also you are comparing an artistically done sequence with a "copy and paste" effort (the original Mask of Zorro sequence was nicely done too) .... your example is like - someone is shown going to the men's washroom being compared with someone peeing in public with women around .... as at the end of the day, both of them are peeing :rofl: IJ0tpT_xtcg ^ Now if people have watched such sequences, why would they feel excited about Prabahas and Tammnas's mediocre effort even if the producer spent $$$$$ on the sets or whatever .... It would be like going to an expensive restaurant with a nice decor serving food that tastes bad .... the argument for Bahubali is along the lines that the taste of food does not matter because the restaurant spend $$$$$ on the decor and because of that the food is automatically great!

Why would you call sexual playfulness as a "cheap thrill"? Do you consider eroticism to be cheap?
What is happening is between Shiva and Avanthika in that scene is a sexual game. The politics may be dodgy, but it is unmistakably playful. It's the little back-and-forth that characterizes flirtations and romances in real life - when you're not sure about someone, but don't want to walk away just yet; when you send flirtatious text messages without thinking about political correctness. Shiva and Avantika's little session was like that. Yes, it's a battle of power, and yes, it shows the mindset of our macho heroes, who can only win by distracting their woman opponent by arousing them. But let's not be such slaves of sensationalism and call this scene a rape. Why are we ruling out the fact that while Avantika may be angry at this stranger who leaves his mark on her body, but it doesn't mean she doesn't like him or isn't intrigued by him? What is wrong with his desire for her making Avanthika see herself in a different light? Isn't that what happens to us when we fall in love in real life? Why must we discount the idea that Avanthika likes a man who can match her strength both physically and in terms of will? Why is the first assumption that women can be and are overpowered? There are some people who can and do boldly state their consent. There are those who enjoy being more coy about it. Everything can't be reduced to "yes, let's have sex" or a "no means no". There's a middle ground between those two extremes, a space where we negotiate and evaluate, where we check each other out. That's the world most of us operate in, and it's where Avanthika and Shiva's relationship in Baahubali sits.
http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/why-the-love-scene-between-prabhas-and-tamannah-in-baahubali-is-not-rape-2373868.html

As per the respective film makers both bahubali and bajranji bhaijaan are path breaking in their own way but for me both of them are not .... What you consider as path breaking is an evolution using methods available "Today". In terms of films set in historical backdrops, of the recent ones - Jodha Akbar was good. Mohendaro and Bajaroa Mastani look promising too I said that I loved films such as Roza, Bombay and Shivaji the boss, not that they are best or path-breaking or whatever. They are amongst my favs. So if I am biased against South films, I would not have loved those films too :P
Bahubali is fantasy and completely different genre from jodha Akbar, Mohan jodaro, or bajirao which are based on real events.

Bahubali is fantasy and completely different genre from jodha Akbar' date=' Mohan jodaro, or bajirao which are based on real events.[/quote'] They are period dramas at the end of the day .... only difference is that instead of a Jodha and Akbar in one film, you would have fictitious Price Tota Singh doing a song and dance routine with Princess Mena .... for fights, they would use swords and spears .... the villains will be conspiring .... and there would be battle scenes It is not like when an Indian film maker is making a Jodha Akbar, he is making a Gandhi .... He is just making another masala movie with non-fictitious characters

SS Rajamouli's "Baahubali the Beginning" (Bahubali) is unstoppable at ticket counters. The movie has grossed approximately Rs 485 crore at the worldwide box office in 23 days, bucking a trend. In recent years, a trend has emerged where any big movie loses 80% of its opening day screen count in three weeks. There are two main reasons for this: first, most of the movies fail to sustain the crowd-pulling ability after two weeks. Secondly, there is always the threat of new releases, which eat into the share of the existing movies. But "Baahubali the Beginning" seems to be an exception, as it continues to drive movie buffs to theatres even after three weeks. The movie has reportedly been successful in retaining nearly 2,000 screens across the globe in its fourth week and has continued to keep cash registers ringing. In its fourth week, "Baahubali the Beginning" is clashing with new releases such as Hindi movie "Drishyam", Tamil films "Idhu Enna Maayam", "Orange Mittai"and "Sakalakala Vallavan Appatakkar", and Telugu flicks "Mantra 2", "Mirchi Lanti Kurradu", "Dhana Lakshmi Thalupu Thadithey" and "Challenge". But the Rajamouli-directed period drama continues to remain the first choice of many cinema goers. On its fourth Friday, what surprised many in the industry was that "Baahubali the Beginning" ran to packed houses at many cinema halls not only in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, but also in other parts of the world. All the four versions of the film - Telugu, Tamil, Hindi and Malayalam - registered decent occupancy in theatres worldwide. "Baahubali the Beginning" remained rock-steady at ticket counters on it fourth Saturday. On these two days (Friday and Saturday), the movie is estimated to have earned Rs 24 crore gross at the worldwide box office, taking its 23-day global gross to Rs 485 crore. Its net collection stands at about Rs 370 crore, earning in the process, Rs 268 crore for its distributors across the globe. The Prabhas-Rana Daggubati starrer needs Rs 15 crore more to surpass the Rs 500-crore mark gross at the worldwide box office. The movie has huge amount of advance booking for its fourth Sunday. Early trends suggest the movie will show a big jump on its 24th day in box office collection to reach the Rs 500-crore mark in its fourth weekend.
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/baahubali-23-day-box-office-collection-rajamoulis-film-crosses-rs-485-crore-mark-4th-saturday-641351

Bajrani Bhaijaan has already crossed Rs 500cr. Bahubali' date=' despite releasing a week earlier and with bumper opening, appears to have managed to cross now :haha:[/quote'] Minions beat Bajrangi in its day 1 collections ( maybe even Bajrangi's lifetime collections will be less than minions day 1 collection :dontknow:) . Same comparision logic :winky:

Minions beat Bajrangi in its day 1 collections ( maybe even Bajrangi's lifetime collections will be less than minions day 1 collection :dontknow:) . Same comparision logic :winky:
Bajrangi and Bahubali competed for cinemas in Ind and targeted similar market overseas :P

Bajrangi and Bahubali competed for cinemas in Ind and targeted similar market overseas :P
but Bhabubali is a regional film limited to 2-3 states. Bajrangi is a film of reigning super star who has delivered seven 100 crore films in last 6 years and has bigger mass appeal than any of the no name stars Bahubali had.

I am still hearing from the people form Mumbai that shows are still going houseful. Screens might have been reduced due to Bajrangi and now Drishyam but people are still coming out to watch it twice and thrice. Now just wait for the part 2. It will be released very much like any other big hindi film with 4000 screens like Bajrangi with 4500 screens. Part 2 is going to create a record which I doubt any film will come close to breaking in near future. It will do equally well in both south and north territories. Might touch 1000 crores.

but Bhabubali is a regional film limited to 2-3 states. Bajrangi is a film of reigning super star who has delivered seven 100 crore films in last 6 years and has bigger mass appeal than any of the no name stars Bahubali had.
iirc, it has been discussed that Bahubali was marketed well, has the biggest budget of any Indian movie so far, opened well in other markets as well, .... and it is in its 4th week so people are going to be aware about the movie's appeal. It is not like people living in the caves are yet to find out about the movie :P