Bahubali : India's Biggest Motion Picture

Kalia_Test

thanks for the sharing' date=' below is the shaming of Sholay - The greatest Indian movie [/quote'] ^ Irrelevant today .... But good to know that the realization of lack of originality in Bahubali has awakened you :cantstop:

And Ayirathil Oruvan was inspired/copied from Captain Blood :winky: MXb1QqmrRNc Copying (getting inspired as some say) is OK as long as you are able to mix your original ideas as well (or the film becomes a remake) .... It is ridiculous to see a film that has most of the scenes taken from somewhere
So you too must have been old enough to watch and understand the film in 1975? :P
So you were alive and at an adult age when Captain blood was released in 1935? The contradictions and clutching at straws in this thread is EPIC :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

So you were alive and at an adult age when Captain blood was released in 1935? The contradictions and clutching at straws in this thread is EPIC :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Did I criticize the OLD Tamil film? Only mentioned a fact that it is not an original like someone believed it to be .... And similarly, I hv not criticized Sholay for reasons already stated :winky: .... While you hv criticized Sholay with your "True" comment :P Your effort to look for contradictions where none exist is hilarious :hysterical:

Did I criticize the OLD Tamil film? Only mentioned a fact that it is not an original like someone believed it to be .... And similarly, I hv not criticized Sholay for reasons already stated :winky: .... While you hv criticized Sholay with your True comment :P Your efforts to look for contradictions where none exist is hilarious :hysterical:
:hysterical:

I'm going off topic, but Capt. Blood is a pretty enjoyable movie... has more depth than typical Flynn swashbuckler.

:hysterical:
:hysterical: So either you hate Bahubali or love Sholay (a meticulous minded person like you will not hv too many contradictions) .... Or you try to support any random comment (and poor attempts) that tries to show Bahubali in good light without understanding how it impacts your stand :P PS Since you did not answer convincingly, I ll assume that you actually hate Bahubali but hv to support it out of some compulsion :dontknow: (You blindly followed TK in to a deep dark hole, a suicide bombing attempt in vain)

True. This movie has set the bar in this genre, that's what I was trying to say. You must agree that this film had quality, in spite of a weak storyline, other aspects made up for the plot. I agree about Tamil movies, watched Kaaka Muttai and it was brilliant. Could you name some other good low budget movies you were talking about? Generally in Tamil movies I watch only the great Kamal Hasan's movies. Hey Ram, Anbe Sivam, Champak, Kuruthipanal or poonal something, Pappanasam, Indian, Nayakan:hail:, Chachi 420 are my favorite movies of his.....great great actor, some of his movies are the best ever made from India especially Nayakan. I also liked that Raanjhana actor. All your other actors are really mediocre man IMHO. Especially that Rajnikanth and Vijaykanth, how can people be so crazy about them? :doh: Shankar made Muqabla(Prabhu Deva, Nagma) and Indian right( loved both those movies :two_thumbs_up:)? What good high budget movies has he made?
Adukalam Mayakkam Enna Pudupettai (all 3 by Dhanush ) Soodhu Kaavum , Moodar Koodam Pizza , Aranyakandam I don't like sad theme (tragic) movies much but Pardesi and Onayum Attukuttiyum are probably some of the better movies in that Genre If u like older movies u could check out directors like Mahendran Bala chander and Balu Mahendra .They made some great movies in 70s and 80s Jonny by Mahendran (Rajini as hero) is probably my favourite . Rajini isn't a mediocre actor .He is as good as Kamal arguably but decided to do mostly hero worship movies in latter part of his career .Some movies like Jonny Mullum Malarum and Bhuvana Oru Kelvikuri in first half of his career are as good as any actor has produced in Tamil cinema Vijayakanth is joke of an actor . As for Shankar Gentle Man , Kadhalan , Indian , Jeans , Mudhalvan (Naik in Hindi) , Boys , Anniyan , Shivaji , Robot and I are his movies .All are big budget movies . Both Gentleman and Anniyan are of similar theme to Indian as being about corruption in India. P.S If u like Kamal could check out Sivappu Rojakkal when he acted as a physco serial killer .Kinda of cult movie in Tamil Other good Kamal movies that u have missed in the list I can think off are Mahanadhi and Guna

I haven't watched the other movies listed as they are Hindi but saying Pokiri is copied from Infernal affairs is unfair .If that's the standard for ridiculing then u could say Infernal affairs copied from Billa (or Don) . Cop going undercover isn't exactly new storyline .If the movies have ripped of the screen play of scenes then fair enough but I don't remember anything like that in Pokiri from IA Its like saying every revenge movie is copied from Hamlet
Wanted is a copy of Pokiri by Prabhu Deva.

:hysterical: 50% he says... anyways i dont care if it is a telugu, tamil, mallu or hindi film... if i come to know if a single scene is copied, i get mad at them. whether 5% or 50%, even baahubali should not be spared.... hmmm... Sholay ****ing copied 4 western movies... the whole ****ing movie is a shameless remake... :cantstop: no wonder goras laugh at us when we say that is the greatest Indian action movie.. shameless copies... all these people need to hanged in public.. shameless remakes in the last 10-15 years "some" movies which lifted plots and scenes from hollywood movies without any permission players - italain job this is just a small list... all these people need to murdered in daylight for bringing shame to India. This is just the incomplete Bolllywood list, imagine how long the list will be if i include south and bengali movies too :cantstop: Trivia: itseems SLB sent "Black" to some film festival and they sent him a note stating that they dont accept (shameless) copied movies without any decency to seek permission in to their festival. yes, the original plot is lifted from the miracle worker... :haha:
Players was an official remake of Italian Job.

Wanted is a copy of Pokiri by Prabhu Deva.
Actually the Tamil Pokirri by Prabu Devi is a remake of the Telugu Pokiri acted by Mahesh Babu directed by Puri Jegennath . I was about whether the original Pokiri (Telugu) be classified as copycat of IA which I don't agree with

What is relevant or irrelevant can't be decided by one poster. No? Bahubali has set benchmarks in Indian cinema. FACT. It is not I - Kalia - that says it. Film makers all over India said it. Ask me. Happy to provide links to tweets/articles yet again. Bahubali - Greatest INDIAN movie ever as per MY criteria :two_thumbs_up: Oscar commitee had to run to Hyderabad to decide on nomination due to powerful Bollywood lobby http://www.greatandhra.com/movies/movie-news/oscar-panel-in-hyderabad-for-selection-68627.html Pathetic pressure to get Oscar nomination. Greats like Amol Palekar had to run away from Mumbai to Hyderabad so that the panel can decide without pressure :sad:
Bahubali is a contender for Oscars according to some because of its reach and clout which is needed in Oscars. Making 300 jury members to watch the film itself is a big headache and needs lot of money. On other hand, if you ask the best films for Oscars then nothing can be better than marathi films. Marathi films in terms of content is far superior than anything made in India. They lack in technical aspects but not in emotional quotient. Films like Killa and Court and also one Hindi film Masaan.