your favorite tendulkar ODI innings

Rohan495

Sharjah sharjah all the way... Sachin owned that tournament. Till that series, Sachin was just my favorite player.. After that, He became my idol, someone i looked upto for inspiration in my personal life, He became the reason why i watched Indian cricket. Simply put, from that tournament on, Sachin became the greatest living Indian for me.

Sharjah sharjah all the way... Sachin owned that tournament. Till that series, Sachin was just my favorite player.. After that, He became my idol, someone i looked upto for inspiration in my personal life, He became the reason why i watched Indian cricket. Simply put, from that tournament on, Sachin became the greatest living Indian for me.
x2

Oh, how much am i willing to sacrifice to see the " Desert Storm" Sachin back in action again ! Some ever lasting memories of that tournament...

• Still can remember his century runs in the qualifying match. A tuck behind square-leg and the ball barely crossed the fielding restrictions circle. The champion ran for two as if his clothes were on fire. As he completed the runs, there wasnt the usual celebration that he does when he gets his 100, just a small pump of the fist and a steely look in his eyes.
  • As a sandstorm suddenly whipped up irritants in the air, EVERY player was running for cover. I still remember, the big Tom Moody, leaning face down towards the ground, with his eyes covered with the cap. But Sachin, stood there, unaffected by it all, like as though storm never happened. He didnt want to leave. He wanted to finish it.

• Once we had crossed the qualification target, Damien Fleming bowled the next ball. Sachin romped down the track and hammered the ball over cover for a one bounce four. Tony Greig was commenting then and he proclaimed " Sachin wants to win this match". When he ultimately got out, we needed 33 off 19 balls i think, and had he been there, I have no doubts that we would have won with balls to spare.

I can spend a lifetime reminiscing about Sachin. I dont need anything else in life.

Ever so often there is a SRT thread in ICF :D :P Sharjah was a great moment.
God is every where finey.. As for his best ODI innings,although it was two great back to back centuries against the Aussies at Sharjah and yours truly had the privilege of watching one of those innings...the one vs Pak at centurion has to be the gretest for sheer stroke play of the highest order.
Guest HariSampath
Anybody here seen Boss taking apart AQ with 4 sixes in a over ?
I have , of course :D....In that restricted overs game converted to unofficial status...India was needing something like 50 odd in 3 overs to win. Skipper Srikkanth had dropped himself down the order and came in at #8 I think...second last over with India needing 45 or something, Abdul Quadir came on to bowl, Cheeka took a single and Sachin hit 4 sixes

^ One or two overs before, he had hit Mushtaq Ahmed for a six which prompted Qadir to say something on the lines of why are you bashing a newbie around and soon enough Qadir got it from Tendulkar. Special moment and showed what aggression truly is not mouthing words on a cricket field as some resident ICFers tend to believe.