Lalit Modi controversy

Tiger80

Lalit Modi didn't commit murder, there is a minister in UP who did commit a heinous murder recently with hardly any coverage in the media. And talking of murder in India, we see how people get 'upset' when someone like Salman Khan is found guilty. In Lalit Modi's case I don't feel cheated. Sushma Swaraj helped Lalit Modi be with his ailing wife on humanitarian grounds. Just like Sushma has been helping other Indians abroad requiring help. Anything else let Indian justice take it's course, which I last read is ongoing on Lalit Modi case.
:hysterical: I guess you havent seen the photos yet. Believe what you want to believe,if you see nothing wrong in ministers making calls to help tax cheats and people absconding from the law then I cant explain. She didnt even ask him to first assure that he will come back to India and here you are telling me its all humanitarian grounds :nice:

then what those 11 crores were for? Investment :giggle:?
dekho woh alag hai, thats doing black ka white. I heard someone explain it really well on TV. I dont think Modi paid to get special treatment, thats what we do for absconding people with whom we have personal relations :aha:

:hysterical: I guess you havent seen the photos yet. Believe what you want to believe' date='if you see nothing wrong in ministers making calls to help tax cheats and people absconding from the law then I cant explain. She didnt even ask him to first assure that he will come back to India and here you are telling me its all humanitarian grounds :nice:[/quote'] Sushma Swaraj provided assistance to fellow Indian, Lalit Modi, to be with his wife undergoing cancer treatment in another country. If you want to laugh at this humanitarian gesture for someone whose wife is undergoing cancer treatment then your call. And besides like I mentioned earlier, these are perks of being the elite, you get politcal favours, happens in every country, Lalit Modi got favours from UPA gov and now got favours from NDA gov. In India you are more likely to get away because of a weak law enforcement and justice system.

Swaraj is PM pick for yoga event at UN http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Swaraj-is-PM-pick-for-yoga-event-at-UN/articleshow/47740671.cms?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=timesofindia So she will be representing the Govt at the donors summit to raise funds for Nepal and will also be going to UN for International Yoga Day. Arnab Goswami would be :sad:

The silver lining for the BJP is that significant sections of the opposition are not attacking BJP much over this brouhaha, and in fact have come out in support of Sushma. The only ones attacking are Congress, AAP and Left (they are bedfellows anyway). Still, I expect the Parliament to be disrupted a lot over this.

Sushma Swaraj provided assistance to fellow Indian, Lalit Modi, to be with his wife undergoing cancer treatment in another country. If you want to laugh at this humanitarian gesture for someone whose wife is undergoing cancer treatment then your call. And besides like I mentioned earlier, these are perks of being the elite, you get politcal favours, happens in every country, Lalit Modi got favours from UPA gov and now got favours from NDA gov. In India you are more likely to get away because of a weak law enforcement and justice system.
Yeah fellow Indian who is a fugitive and running away from Justice system of the country .And its only a coincidence both her daughter and husband are working for him. All just on humanitarian grounds :hysterical:

Lalit Modi created something too big a money minting thing for himself. Politicians saw it and came around to snatch from him. He dared to speak against them and that too very early when UPA was in power and hence he was hounded away. With really big names like Tharoor and Pawar he had no hope of fighting back so he chose to stay in London instead of going through years long jail and bail cycle in India. That is what I think of him. Not a saint but definitely not someone who has commited a crime of the order which makes him untouchable and outcast.

then what those 11 crores were for? Investment :giggle:?
that was for Vasundhra Raje's son and not for Sushma Swaraj. Also, as a family friend, he is completely entitled to invest him money in their ventures. Also, Raje was not a CM at that time.

Yeah fellow Indian who is a fugitive and running away from Justice system of the country .And its only a coincidence both her daughter and husband are working for him. All just on humanitarian grounds :hysterical:
Everyone knows where he is so how he is fugitive and fighting his case from there. You are sounding like he is some Dawood Ibrahim.

Everyone knows where he is so how he is fugitive and fighting his case from there. You are sounding like he is some Dawood Ibrahim.
Everyone knows where is Dawood Ibrahim and Snowden are as well .So they aren't fugitivies ? He is a fugitive becoz he has bule collor notice issued for him and hiding in England to escape from Indian law

IT’S TIME TO ADHERE TO THOSE HIGH STANDARDS http://www.dailypioneer.com/columnists/edit/its-time-to-adhere-to-those-high-standards.html I was not in favor of Sushma Swaraj resigning over this controversy as I think she hasn't done anything wrong but now I agree with this article. Resign & once your name has been cleared, you can come back.
You want BJP to follow that same internal lokpal external jokepal drama of AAP ?

IT’S TIME TO ADHERE TO THOSE HIGH STANDARDS http://www.dailypioneer.com/columnists/edit/its-time-to-adhere-to-those-high-standards.html I was not in favor of Sushma Swaraj resigning over this controversy as I think she hasn't done anything wrong but now I agree with this article. Resign & once your name has been cleared, you can come back.
Cleared by whom? None of what Sushma Swaraj has done or even Vasundhra Raje has done constitute criminality by any stretch of imagination. Saying to a foreign govt that India's relations with that country would not be affected if a certain person is provided travel documents is by no means illegal. Similarly, Raje and her son have not committed any criminality - agreeing to be (although the unsigned documents are not any proof of this) a witness is simply not illegal, unless we want to ban defense witnesses in this country. It is a basic right of any person to appear as witness for any person. This is not like Advani who was accused of a financial scam of which he was cleared, not is it like George Fernandes who was accused of the coffin scam, and had to resign, he later came back and was eventually cleared of all charges. Neither is it like A. Raja or Kalmadi who are accused of financial impropriety. Raja only resigned after a charge sheet was filed.

You want BJP to follow that same internal lokpal external jokepal drama of AAP ?
Cleared by whom? None of what Sushma Swaraj has done or even Vasundhra Raje has done constitute criminality by any stretch of imagination. Saying to a foreign govt that India's relations with that country would not be affected if a certain person is provided travel documents is by no means illegal. Similarly, Raje and her son have not committed any criminality - agreeing to be (although the unsigned documents are not any proof of this) a witness is simply not illegal, unless we want to ban defense witnesses in this country. It is a basic right of any person to appear as witness for any person. This is not like Advani who was accused of a financial scam of which he was cleared, not is it like George Fernandes who was accused of the coffin scam, and had to resign, he later came back and was eventually cleared of all charges. Neither is it like A. Raja or Kalmadi who are accused of financial impropriety. Raja only resigned after a charge sheet was filed.
Have some commission do an inquiry into the whole matter. It will certainly come out that this wasn't a case of corruption or of taking any kind of benefits from Lalit Modi/giving any benefit to him or any sort of quid pro quo. Once that comes out she can again become the External affairs minister.

Have some commission do an inquiry into the whole matter. It will certainly come out that this wasn't a case of corruption or of taking any kind of benefits from Lalit Modi/giving any benefit to him or any sort of quid pro quo. Once that comes out she can again become the External affairs minister.
Why do all these thing? And it'll satisfy whom? Why not learn from Congress and open some nasty investigations against top leaders and of course Vadra... Public attention will get diverted easily. Congress will get the bamboo too... Already mended fences with TMC. Open some long term pending cases against Mullayam and Behenji... Things will sort out easily... These BJP think tank members are absolute dickheads... :headshake:

Why do all these thing? And it'll satisfy whom? Why not learn from Congress and open some nasty investigations against top leaders and of course Vadra... Public attention will get diverted easily. Congress will get the bamboo too... Already mended fences with TMC. Open some long term pending cases against Mullayam and Behenji... Things will sort out easily... These BJP think tank members are absolute dickheads... :headshake:
Yeah...... learn from congress and get 44 seats.