Lalit Modi controversy

Tiger80

Yeah...... learn from congress and get 44 seats.
or... ride it out and dont weaken your party in a state which can be yours for decades to come.... Fully agree with asterix dada on this one. Looks like saner heads have prevailed the Raje will stay put. Raje for her part needs to be very careful about who she deals with.

" It is Cowardice "

" In yoga, silence may be a path to enlightenment. In politics, it is often a sign of evasion, complicity or cowardice. The prime minister’s silence, so far, on the burgeoning Lalit Modi scandal is beginning to carry the whiff of all three. Either the silence is a way of evading the issue, hoping it will go away under the weight of some other event. Or it signals complicity, in this sense. No one has remotely suggested the PM’s own impropriety in dealings with Lalit Modi. But his silence will signal complicity with the vast web of patronage and corruption that has produced this crisis in the first place. And it is cowardice, because a PM who staked so much on leading from the front, who taunted Manmohan Singh for his legendary silences, has been rendered speechless " LINK

It will probably be good and will definitely rise her profile if Sushma Swaraj steps aside for a few months and comes back once her name is cleared . But for BJP it will set bad precedent. Every time a controversy engulfs opposition will demand a similar action which is simply impossible in reality .Also will give Congress unnecessary lift and some sort of moral victory .So no resignation will happen and BJP will simply ride off the storm .

Have some commission do an inquiry into the whole matter. It will certainly come out that this wasn't a case of corruption or of taking any kind of benefits from Lalit Modi/giving any benefit to him or any sort of quid pro quo. Once that comes out she can again become the External affairs minister.
You do agree that these cases are qualitatively different from what Advani was accused of, right? I don't see any point in having a commission of inquiry .. the matter is already under the investigation of ED. If there were any illegal financial benefits taken by Swaraj or Raje then those will come out anyway. As of now there is zero evidence of that.

It will probably be good and will definitely rise her profile if Sushma Swaraj steps aside for a few months and comes back once her name is cleared . But for BJP it will set bad precedent. Every time a controversy engulfs opposition will demand a similar action which is simply impossible in reality .Also will give Congress unnecessary lift and some sort of moral victory .So no resignation will happen and BJP will simply ride off the storm .
its a good time to ride the storm. Sooner or later AAP will hog the media spot light anyways.

Expect Congis to disrupt Parliament and let no business be transacted thanks to this needless controversy. When Parliament time is disrupted there should be some legislation to recover all the time lost during the same session (not sure if there is one already). Make them work weekends. Make them work through the night. Make them work 24x7. Nobody should just get free meals for showing up in Parliament and chanting slogans.

Depending on AAP may not be the best strategy I would think.
I don't think they are depending on AAP... however it seems Modi and his team is bit wary of AK... Otherwise I see no reason why they are not targeting Congress directly and allowing it to "flourish"... Their thinking is to keep Congress alive and kicking lest AAP might corner Congress vote bank...

Signed Document Proves Vasundhara Raje Favoured Lalit Modi, She Must Resign: Congress The Congress on Wednesday said it had conclusive proof that Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje favoured Lalit Modi, and released a signed version of her secret affidavit to court supporting the former IPL chief's immigration application to the UK in 2011. "She has been lying all along. The prime minister has no choice but to sack her," senior Congress leader Jairam Ramesh told reports this evening. Vasundhara Raje is yet to comment on the documents released by Lalit Modi last week. Sources close to her had maintained that the documents were unsigned and therefore, unverified. In the document, Ms Raje says: "I make this statement in support of any immigration application that Lalit Modi makes, but do so on the strict condition that my assistance will not become known to the Indian authorities." The document is dated 18 August 2011, nearly a year after allegations of corruption surfaced against Lalit Modi in connection with the multi-billion dollar IPL or Indian Premier League. The BJP has ruled out the resignation of Ms Raje and Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj, who has been attacked for helping Lalit Modi obtain emergency travel documents from Britain when his passport was held by Indian authorities over corruption allegations. http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/signed-document-proves-vasundhara-raje-favoured-lalit-modi-congress-774910?pfrom=home-lateststories

zilch against the italian mafia or its scumbag lawyer coterie and lungi man. (not that there is any actionable evidence against the BJP folks) Tells you all you need to know about who is behind it. Like I said, nothing is going to happen. On the contrary, now that the enemies of the state have started playing dirty, all decorum is out the window. Perhaps Namo will take this opportunity to even kick out that chishmish dilli dalal of his that he has put so much faith (for appearances I'm guessing) in. If only someone like Namo had come 30 years ago. Taking out the trash would have been so much easier with no 24/7 news media and pliable print media.

I dont think Lalit Modi has done anything different than any of other CEO of time in corporate world. Anyone can be victimized by Pawar. Modi is hiding in west because that is where he may have some safety from long hands of Pawar.

The reason why Mr Lalit Modi is bigger than don Dawood In 2010, Modi oversaw the bidding process and creation of two new teams in the Indian Premier League. Pune and Kochi were declared the new franchises. A Twitter entry by Modi declaring the stakeholders of the Kochi IPL Team allegedly breaching confidentiality agreements led to the resignation of the then Indian Minister of State for External Affairs Dr. Shashi Tharoor.