ICL's Plan for Next Year

zubinpepsi

ICL to have 5 tournaments next year Panchkula: The Essel Group-promoted Indian Cricket League (ICL) has clarified that it does not have any conflict with any cricket board and hoped that the young Indian players who are a part of the league would soon get a chance to represent the Indian team. Chairman of Essel Group Subhas Chandra while addressing the media at the Tau Devi Lal Stadium on Sunday said that they have no conflict with any organisation. He was referring to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) which has banned the Indian players who have joined the ICL. "We have no conflict with anybody. Our only motto is to see that young boys get the chance to play cricket and they give their best performance," Subhas Chandra said. According to the BCCI as long as a played was associated with the ICL, the board would not consider him for selection and he would also be ineligible to play in BCCI approved domestic tournaments. ICL Executive Board Chairman and former India skipper Kapil Dev, who was also present on the occasion, said that the ICL had helped in unearthing many young talents during the 17-day long tournament. The ICL also announced its cricket calendar for the next year which will see five tournaments. While the league will also introduce a One-Day tournament, the rest would be Twenty20 tournaments. During February, the ICL will organise a domestic championship of 50-over-a-side duration for the Indian players of league. In February-March a triangular series which will be a Twenty20 tournament will be organised. The teams would be divided so that one has only Indian players, the second will have players of Asian origin while the third will have players from the other countries. The ICL also announced that they will increase the number of teams from six to eight from next year. The eight teams will participate in the ICL Grand Championship to be held during March-April. An ICL Invitational Cup where teams from other countries would also be invited will take place in September-October. And the second edition of the ICL Twenty20 tournament will take place in November-December 2008. Both Chandra and Kapil Dev assured that the venues from next year would also include metro cities and the tournaments would be spread all over the country. The ICL will also start its cricket academies during April-May. ----------- Looks promising ..:two_thumbs_up: Go ICL!!!!!:two_thumbs_up:

I dont know how IPL is gonna be... amidst the players complaining of over cricket.. how r they gonna play in this T20.. I have serious doubts over their participation.. Ind,Aus and SL players woudl have alread played too much of India by the time April comes.. I dont know how they are gonna take this up.. Moreover, IPL doesnt seem to benefit Indian cricket.. they are more focussed on money... hence its full of overseas players... ICL scores over IPL in this very much.. ICL has lotsa indian fringe players and some overseas players... .. I wish ICL becomes a huge success and IPL sucks up big time.. and BCCI gets some shi.t on their face..

Guest HariSampath

ICL has demonstrated on the ground level..that they are serious and have proved their success against all odds and opposition. From here they will have more fans, more grounds, more players and more sponsors... as they have proved they can successfully run a tournament...yess, even in the middle of Indo-Pak series.....GO ICL !!!!

amezing news for indian domestic players who are contiously performing but not getting chance...so here they have good chance.....i think ICL is going to be a big hit next year...since many players will be looking toward it plus ICL offer good opertunity and good money with high level experience players from other countries so i think Its a big challange for IPL now....now i would love to watch future ICL tournaments then IPL....good work guys....

ICL has demonstrated on the ground level..that they are serious and have proved their success against all odds and opposition. From here they will have more fans' date=' more grounds, more players and more sponsors... as they have proved they can successfully run a tournament...[b']yess, even in the middle of Indo-Pak series.....GO ICL !!!!
BCCI itself helped ICL to gain more popularity amidst of Ind-Pak tests by creating pitches that were batsmen friendly. ICL had near to zero support, they held their competition on a ground that was only known to the locals living residing next to that ground. They erected Lights, Created a suited pitch, outfield was dangerously patchy (but one has to feel for the less resources/time ICL had). I am seriously impressed by ICL's gutsy stance against all the odds. Players who stood by ICL need a pat behind their back. Well done lads. You've got my support more than ever now :two_thumbs_up: