Rohit Sharma Appreciation Squad

What did he do special?:dontknow: I didnt watch his batting y'day.. Scored 25 off 24 it seems.. If he s selected for the Oz ODIs then its a mere mockery of our domestic structure and consistent performers.
Well we lost wickets so had to stabilize and he was playing well but as usual he just gets out without any warning. :((
Not that intersted in stats. He is 22 and class. My cricket eyes don't lie. He is a future great! He sends a shiver of excitment down my back every time I see him bat!
+1. He has never received a proper chance. He is always sent down the order in pressure situations. :(( He has still managed small totals like 30s and 40s. Send him at number 3 or 4 and he might be the guy india is looking for :nervous:
+1. He has never received a proper chance. He is always sent down the order in pressure situations. :(( He has still managed small totals like 30s and 40s. Send him at number 3 or 4 and he might be the guy india is looking for :nervous:
:wall: It frustrates me to read some random gibberish repeatedly - Rohit batted in the top 5 in 23 out of 38 innings he has played and averaged 23 with a SR less than 70. Now, I also think he is a batsman with a lot of potential but there is no excuse for the kind of crap performances he put in and has rightly been disposed off for the time being.
: Now, I also think he is a batsman with a lot of potential but there is no excuse for the kind of crap performances he put in and has rightly been disposed off for the time being.
Exactly. Thats the thing. Everyone on the board who is criticizing Rohit know that the guy has some class but he hasn't done any justice to it. and then deshi drohi people like DSR say things like Rohit is better then abcd etc.
:wall: It frustrates me to read some random gibberish repeatedly - Rohit batted in the top 5 in 23 out of 38 innings he has played and averaged 23 with a SR less than 70. Now, I also think he is a batsman with a lot of potential but there is no excuse for the kind of crap performances he put in and has rightly been disposed off for the time being.
Exactly. Thats the thing. Everyone on the board who is criticizing Rohit know that the guy has some class but he hasn't done any justice to it. and then deshi drohi people like DSR say things like Rohit is better then abcd etc.
in short, I just wanted to say that I have high hopes from the Raina Rohit duo and they are yet to be fulfilled. I also feel that they will definitely shine if given enough chances. I might be wrong though. Rohit made 80 odd against pakistan in that practice T20 b4 the tt wc this year. This shows that he has got the caliber to be big and lead the team upfront when needed. Manish Pandey and Kohli have not done anything great either to really put them ahead of Rohit.
Manish Pandey and Kohli have not done anything great either to really put them ahead of Rohit.
Again, No one said that anyone is better then another. It's just that Rohit never didn't do enough to survive in the team. Kohli has done enough and hence he is there. Now what he does in future is unknown to all of us.
Cricket illetrates like you whose only knowledge of cricket is through number crucnching stats wiil of course not want R Sharma and want Nehra. But clearly number criunchers like yourself wont be able to see a special talent and thus not realise about keeping him in the squad as you have faith in him and his development. This helped what make Yuvraj a special player in the end. Number crunchers like yourself would never have recalled Gambhir as well, unlike myself who was campaigning ceaslessley for his recall. As no doubt you were constanty whining about his stats for India. Sharma is 22. He has shown tremendous ability. He has been dropped from side. But I have seen him bat and he looks in great nick, no technical problems. Just needs a run and he will deliver in a big way, which will satisfy number crunchers like criticstheiiletrate!
Cricket illetrates like you whose only knowledge of cricket is through number crucnching stats wiil of course not want R Sharma and want Nehra. But clearly number criunchers like yourself wont be able to see a special talent and thus not realise about keeping him in the squad as you have faith in him and his development. This helped what make Yuvraj a special player in the end. Number crunchers like yourself would never have recalled Gambhir as well, unlike myself who was campaigning ceaslessley for his recall. As no doubt you were constanty whining about his stats for India. Sharma is 22. He has shown tremendous ability. He has been dropped from side. But I have seen him bat and he looks in great nick, no technical problems. Just needs a run and he will deliver in a big way, which will satisfy number crunchers like criticstheiiletrate!
lol I think you have got tics confused with someone else?

Well good thing the number crunchers / stats gurus like crititics were not in charge of selction over last 20 years. As that would certainly have meant that Tendulkar and Yuvraj would not have been given the run in the team to develop and learn from their mistakes. As their stats are pretty average for 1st 3 or 4 years of their odis career. But now look at them! The selectors identified them as special talents and stuck with them as they knew its about end product after development. Sharma is a special talent and needs to be in team to learn and improve. But of course this is something that the glorified accountants who will pile through stats will not understand, they will come up with Sharma should not be in the team after their stat audit!

Yuvraj was selected for his under 19 exploits. Tendulkar was a prodigy. Immediately identifed at the nets by Vengsarkar and Kapil dev. They come once in a life time. Let us face it. Rohit is nowhere close to Tendulkar at 17. Raina was dropped after a stint. brought back. Worked wonders. Similarly Yuvraj was also dropped from the squad 2 or 3 times for his inconsistent outing. It was not all path of roses for him. Sehwag was also dropped for a while. Gambhir was also dropped. Ganguly was dropped. So Rohit has to go through that phase as well. It is only good for Rohit.

Sharma is a special talent and needs to be in team to learn and improve. But of course this is something that the glorified accountants who will pile through stats will not understand, they will come up with Sharma should not be in the team after their stat audit!
Sharma was costing us regularly by playing his rash shots and getting out regularly when someone needed to build p'ships. We needed someone to stabilize the innings and he wasn't doing it. He after getting dropped realized his mistake and even said that "I was trying to be what i wasn't" The good thing is that he has realized and I am sure that he would make a come back and will be our future, but the sad thing is that India would continue to have illiterates like you DSR, who won't realize what they are talking about. Whole of India want victories of India, and thats why few other player have been given chance in the middle order to provide that passage of victory which rohit sharma wasn't providing. The day he deserves his call up, he will get his stint one more time.
Sharma was costing us regularly by playing his rash shots and getting out regularly when someone needed to build p'ships. We needed someone to stabilize the innings and he wasn't doing it. He after getting dropped realized his mistake and even said that "I was trying to be what i wasn't" The good thing is that he has realized and I am sure that he would make a come back and will be our future, but the sad thing is that India would continue to have illiterates like you DSR, who won't realize what they are talking about. Whole of India want victories of India, and thats why few other player have been given chance in the middle order to provide that passage of victory which rohit sharma wasn't providing. The day he deserves his call up, he will get his stint one more time.
The number crunching cricketing accountant has spoken. Do some number crucnhing on Yuvraj and Sachin in odis for first 3 years. Your stat audit would have had you spamming the board saying they ashould be dropped. Thank god cricketing accountants like you dont pick the team! In your first para you state the faults of Sharma. That why a class act like Sharma needs to be in team to work on theses and develop them which he will no doubt do. But these are things stat gurus like you wont get.
In your first para you state the faults of Sharma. That why a class act like Sharma needs to be in team to work on theses and develop them which he will no doubt do. But these are things stat gurus like you wont get.
Indian team is not any club side team for which you keep playing to get in good knick and improve your skills and temperament. That needs to be done outside. When you don't make runs in 5 games or 8 games, player might still get picked. But when you consistently fail for a long time, then you just can't be given a slot in the team of a country which has a many other batsmans waiting to get a chance. It's not that Rohit Sharma, is creating a havoc out there in domestic circuit. Sachin kept scoring runs at domestic level too when India was not playing any game. He was special. He is the only Indian cricketer till date to have scored centuries on debut in all Irani Cup, Ranji Trophy and duleep trophy games. Don't even give an example of Tendulkar.

I will do the numbers on behalf of tics I think Yuvi was dropped once in between. Yuvraj first 3 years 73 ODIs 1644 runs 31 avge 85 SR 1 century 12 fifties Tendulkar first 3 years 46 ODIs 1339 runs 33 avge 75 SR 11 fifties Rohit so far 41 ODIs 695 runs 24 avge 72 SR 4 fifties I will add one more guy to the list Irfan Pathan first 3 years 72 ODIs 1006 runs 25 avge 80 SR 5 fifties

The number crunching cricketing accountant has spoken. Do some number crucnhing on Yuvraj and Sachin in odis for first 3 years. Your stat audit would have had you spamming the board saying they ashould be dropped. Thank god cricketing accountants like you dont pick the team! In your first para you state the faults of Sharma. That why a class act like Sharma needs to be in team to work on theses and develop them which he will no doubt do. But these are things stat gurus like you wont get.
You qualify as a first rate joker with these kind of posts! :laugh: Wasn't Yuvraj dropped before he was able to consolidate his spot? Tendulkar? He was performing well in ODIs right from the Australian tour and had a superb WC - was India's best batsman along with Azhar. And at that time it was very rare for some one to be part of the test team and not be in the ODI team. I hope you will not say that Tendulkar was not performing in tests either.:hysterical:
You qualify as a first rate joker with these kind of posts! :laugh: Wasn't Yuvraj dropped before he was able to consolidate his spot? Tendulkar? He was performing well in ODIs right from the Australian tour and had a superb WC - was India's best batsman along with Azhar. And at that time it was very rare for some one to be part of the test team and not be in the ODI team. I hope you will not say that Tendulkar was not performing in tests either.:hysterical:
When did I say tests? Looks lie you being talking to be much to your chuckle brother the number crunching accountant criiticsss I will have the last laugh. Cos you chumps will soon realise Sharma is the real deal. And is ready to deliver!:finger:
When did I say tests? Looks lie you being talking to be much to your chuckle brother the number crunching accountant criiticsss
:hysterical::hysterical: Did you even read my post? During that time there were no separate Tests and ODI teams. And anyways Tendulkar had established himself by the Australia series and WC.
I will have the last laugh. Cos you chumps will soon realise Sharma is the real deal. And is ready to deliver!:finger:
Huh? What last laugh! Very few people have doubted Rohit's potential and I've said myself that he is going to be a long term fixture in the Indian side. What you are saying is that he should be kept in the team despite sucking consistently which is downright dumb! No player is assured that luxury and Rohit was given more than a fair chance of 40 ODIs, not everyone gets that many matches. It's time for him to spend some time in domestic cricket and reassert his presence.