Rohit Sharma Appreciation Squad

Not sure why Rohit should be given a chance in any format ahead of guys like Rahane. He is a proven failure in ODIs and there is a higher probability he will fail in tests than succeed. In many ODI chances he has gotten, there were ample opportunities to build an innings and he has failed to do so. I also thought that he could do well in tests, but seeing the way he has looked clueless when the going gets tough in ODIs makes me think he is useless.

he is class player but extremely unlucky. If lightening struck one out of million people and Sharma happen to be there, I have no doubt in my mind that person will be sharma.
How unlucky to have played a gazillion ODIs while putting together single digit scores. :hysterical:

Has anyone seen Peter Siddle bowl in ODIs? In his last few ODI games he could barely land it on the spot ... He bowled a lot of short wide rubbish and got carted pretty much every over. If Peter Siddle was Indian, some Indian fans would say "Oh he can't bowl straight in ODIs ... why would he magically be able to bowl well in Tests? No he's not international standard!" It's no wonder Australia have the success they have while India get the results they do! But hats off to you guys ... You've won the argument ... Don't worry kids, the IPL will start soon and we'll forget all about this.

Has anyone seen Peter Siddle bowl in ODIs? In his last few ODI games he could barely land it on the spot ... He bowled a lot of short wide rubbish and got carted pretty much every over. If Peter Siddle was Indian, some Indian fans would say "Oh he can't bowl straight in ODIs ... why would he magically be able to bowl well in Tests? No he's not international standard!" It's no wonder Australia have the success they have while India get the results they do! But hats off to you guys ... You've won the argument ... Don't worry kids, the IPL will start soon and we'll forget all about this.
You know you are spouting BS comparing Rohit with Siddle, who made his test debut before ODIs and has been a consistent performer in both formats for them. There is nothing wrong with giving Rohit a chance to succeed in tests, question is does he instill confidence that he will do well given the way he has sucked in ODIs? If his batting technique and temperament were good enuf to succeed in tests I would have expected more responsible innings from him so far in ODIs. Anyways given that he has been given enough chances in ODIs, I am sure he will get ample opportunity in tests as well.
You know you are spouting BS comparing Rohit with Siddle' date='[b'] who made his test debut before ODIs and has been a consistent performer in both formats for them. There is nothing wrong with giving Rohit a chance to succeed in tests, question is does he instill confidence that he will do well given the way he has sucked in ODIs? If his batting technique and temperament were good enuf to succeed in tests I would have expected more responsible innings from him so far in ODIs. Anyways given that he has been given enough chances in ODIs, I am sure he will get ample opportunity in tests as well.
That's exactly my point!!! Jebus!!! I give up! And Siddle has hardly been a consistent performer for Australia in ODIs. He bowls far too short and wide and leaks many runs consistently. He has little control in ODIs. If he were just judged on ODI performance, he wouldn't have made the Test side.
Oh what basis is Rohit selected for ODI's? Sure he has the technique and skill, but he never succeeded in one days, iirc its only been 20/20 or FC. He averages over 60 if FC, does that earn in him a spot in ODI or Tests?
Exactly! He shouldn't be playing ODIs The selectors are making a mess of this ... He performs well in ODIs in 2011 and they reward him by giving him a spot in the Test squad. Only plays a warm-up match (does OK there ... scores 60) and sits on the bench for the entire Australian test series and is not given a chance despite the team losing every Test match. He then has a poor ODI series so instead of dropping him from the ODI squad, they drop him from the Test squad and keep him in ODIs. This kind of logic makes sense only to Indian selectors and some Indian fans. It explains why we are where we are in world cricket! :clap:
Yep he is a disaster' date='because hasnt done enough to justify his place in the team,played purely on the basis of his talents.And the hypocrite that you are,you dont see any wrong with Dhoni continuing with a Rhiti Management non performing player coz you like that player :hmmm:[/quote'] Even Yuvraj played on the basis of his talent for 5 years without being justifying his place.
he is class player but extremely unlucky. If lightening struck one out of million people and Sharma happen to be there, I have no doubt in my mind that person will be sharma.
How unlucky to have played a gazillion ODIs while putting together single digit scores. :hysterical:
Nohit is one extremely lucky S.O.B... Kohli is injured & may be rested for the next 2 ODI's. What are the odds of that happening with Rahane/M.Tiwary?
Even Yuvraj played on the basis of his talent for 5 years with being justifying his place.
Yep ... And even now he's a good ODI player at best ... Not an ODI legend like some people call him. Very good at home but outside the subcontinent he's nothing special. Still a good player though but to call him an ODI legend is an insult to players like Tendulkar, Ponting, Gilchrist, Richards, Bevan, etc.
Yep ... And even now he's a good ODI player at best ... Not an ODI legend like some people call him. Very good at home but outside the subcontinent he's nothing special. Still a good player though but to call him an ODI legend is an insult to players like Tendulkar' date= Ponting, Gilchrist, Richards, Bevan, etc.
you forgot to add Rohit in the list of Tendulkar, Ponting, Gilchrist, Richards, Bevan, etc :--D