Delhi Daredevils 2016 IPL

Yadavanator

Retained: Amit Mishra, Jayant Yadav, Mayank Agarwal, Mohammad Shami, Saurabh Tiwary, Shahbaz Nadeem, Shreyas Iyer, Zaheer Khan, Albie Morkel, Imran Tahir, JP Duminy, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Quinton de Kock, Travis Head

Released: Yuvraj Singh, CM Gautam, Domnic Muthuswami, Jaydev Unadkat, KK Jiyaz, Srikar Bharat, Manoj Tiwary, Angelo Mathews, Gurinder Sandhu, Marcus Stoinis

The Good

Releasing Yuvraj and Mathews frees up a lot of cap space and they did underperform last season. Travis Head has played some amazing innings in both the 50 and 20 over Australian domestic competitions and is a smart retention for cheap.

The Bad

I don't really see the point of having Tahir on the list given we already have Mishra, but I suppose he is relatively cheap considering what a good bowler he is. Apart from Iyer I don't really see any young players ready to make an impact and improve the team - Agarwal, perhaps, but he's 25 soon and his younger days are passing him by. I also am not sure of the retention of Albie Morkel and, as unpopular as this may be, it is definitely time to be moving past Zaheer and blooding/targeting some younger bowlers.

The Ugly

Coulter-Nile was fantastic last season but will he be fit in time for this years IPL? He is having a lot of issues with his body at the moment and even if he is available I wouldn't count on him not breaking down at some stage. Also the constant changes in our squad - we haven't had a consistent roster of players since the IPL first started, and funnily enough that was when we were at our most successful. I'm not sure how we will go this year given we, again, shall have a new captain, new coach and new star players trying to lead us into the future. We're probably in for another long, arduous season.

Who should we sign?

The obvious one for me is George Bailey - he's in great Big Bash form and he could step straight into the captaincy role given he is more experienced in the role than Duminy. Dale Steyn is available and would be a smart buy given NCN may not be fit for the tournament and we need a spearhead. Kevin Pietersen would be expensive but available all tournament and is obvious class. Aaron Finch is one of the best openers in T20 and would be a good get. Avoid Dinesh - too expensive for what we produces with gloves and bat.

Agar Dhoni bhi hume bottom se door nahi rakh paaya toh shayad koi nahi rakh payega.

Anyway, Delhi fans might as well switch teams now. :laugh:

lagta hai Pune ki wajah se Dhoni ko uska first LKC mil hi jayega :winky:

DD fans ke dil main tourney me to tootte hi tootte hai per auction me bhi  :((

Lineup is decent only if each of them play their role to perfection 

Shreyas

Quintondecock 

Nair

Samson/pant/mayank

JPDuminy

2 from among Chris Morris/Albie Morkel/Braithwaite 

Pawan Negi

Amit Mishra 

2 from among Shami/suyal/zakk/herwadkar/pratyush/chamamilind/Nadeem 

Edited by PAA-G

Dunno where DRAVID would fit Lomror n Khalid Ahmed.... So much talent to choose from... It is said that DD practiced 25rounds of mock auctions but I think they shd have included Watson in all those rounds as they still had a lot of purse left by EOD! 

Edited by PAA-G