Sharjeel Khan.

It was criminal to play Latif, Shehzad, Malik and Sarfraz all in one line up. Has strong game and definitely plays with power in power plays. Got an unfortunate edge to get bowled. Very good plaer of pace bowling and even if he goes on to be a quality FTB it would be great.

Its a sad state, when such a one-shot wonder is your best batsman.  

Akmal played well today, but as always got bamboozled by a spinner's change of pace.  

Shehzad is such a child, he clearly lost the plot, trying to prove that he can play aggressive.  He should have stuck to his strengths and played himself in, and gone aggressive ONLY after Sharjeel was out, and ONLY if the next bat wasn't able to do it.  But, his ego and rear-end were probably still burning from all the outside nonsense.  Playing to the gallery will ALWAYS get you failure.  

Its a sad state, when such a one-shot wonder is your best batsman.  

Akmal played well today, but as always got bamboozled by a spinner's change of pace.  

Shehzad is such a child, he clearly lost the plot, trying to prove that he can play aggressive.  He should have stuck to his strengths and played himself in, and gone aggressive ONLY after Sharjeel was out, and ONLY if the next bat wasn't able to do it.  But, his ego and rear-end were probably still burning from all the outside nonsense.  Playing to the gallery will ALWAYS get you failure.  

Sharj boy is not one shot wonder. Has some power :cool:

Sharj boy is not one shot wonder. Has some power :cool:

85% of his runs come from the cross-bat swipe to Mid-wicket/Square-leg.  That is the definition of a one-shot wonder.  The occasional slog down the wicket doesn't change that fact.   I'm not saying this to demean him.  This is not banter, just objective analysis, albeit armchair...

Leg side hack but does the job like Gayle upfront in PP

He's more than a leg side hack. He can also play square on the off side. He doesn't have shots in front of square on the off side but he doesn't need them. He can play well through the point/gully region, hit straight and through the leg side. That should be good enough on flat wkts. Bowling friendly wkts, especially seaming ones, is a different matter altogether but it's not as if Pak have other batsmen who can thrive on difficult wkts.

Need to revise my opinion after watching him on flattish wkts the last two games. The guy is a good opener for shorter formats on flattish wkts and IMO that's what you want as most of the shorter format games are played on flattish wkts. I would persist with him.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

See...pak doesnt have next inzy waiting in the bench....

Of the current lot he is really good

Yeah....he has limited shots but he should be tried in ODI and T20....moreover all over the world pitches are becoming flat esp in ODIs and T20s

A HACK... scoring 30-40 avg each time without wasting much balls, will do for Pak...

On flat wkts I think he's decent enough and you want someone who can go for his shots. Much better than Shehzad and that Latif guy (the chap who batted at 3). Shehzad and Latif should both be dropped. I would get Haris Sohail in the team at 3 and find a new opener. While I'm at it I would also replace oldies like Malik and Hafeez given the next WC is in 2019 and they would be tool old by then. Maybe Akmal also needs to join them as I haven't seen any improvement in his game over the years, and in fact may have regressed.

Needs to work on his fitness. I'm afraid being the Inzamam and Ranatunga mould of character won't get you far in the modern world of cricket. Terrible vs spin from what we can see and at the age of 26, that's pretty crap cause he's not got much time to improve.

Needs to work on his fitness. I'm afraid being the Inzamam and Ranatunga mould of character won't get you far in the modern world of cricket. Terrible vs spin from what we can see and at the age of 26, that's pretty crap cause he's not got much time to improve.

Should not loose weight by diet and reduction in food intake. Fatty Nasir used to go bang bang but after he lost weight it was all bas bas :facepalm: