So many Tall players in West Indies?

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

I have seen Ishant...he is much more than 6'4"

I am 6'0".......he stood  way taller than me.

ok..thats good..startling disregard for this measuring contest that India shows in general to the 'd!&k' measuring contest that pak claims with 7'1" claims is such a difference and thematic about the two countries. Ind - quietly confident and not too silly, pakistan pathological in lies and lowly in measures.

On 2016-4-9 at 2:33 PM, chewy said:

yet Indians not only outdo, but thrash Pakistan in every physical attribute,

be it sport (cricket Ind 11-0 Pak) or war (India 4-0 Pak)

Recent South Asian Games 2016 

India population only 5 times bigger than Pak, yet won 15 times more gold medal :lol: 

Rank Nation Gold Silver Bronze Total
1 22px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India (IND) 188 90 30 308
2 22px-Flag_of_Sri_Lanka.svg.png Sri Lanka (SRI) 25 63 98 186
3 22px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png Pakistan (PAK) 12 37 57 106
4 22px-Flag_of_Afghanistan.svg.png Afghanistan (AFG) 7 9 19 35
5 22px-Flag_of_Bangladesh.svg.png Bangladesh (BAN) 4 15 56 75
6 16px-Flag_of_Nepal.svg.png Nepal (NEP) 3 23 34 60
7 22px-Flag_of_Maldives.svg.png Maldives (MDV) 0 2 1 3
8 22px-Flag_of_Bhutan.svg.png Bhutan (BHU) 0 1 15 16

I was thinking what would be popluation to medals ratio between Sri Lanka and India. Inidan population is 60 times as Sri Lanka but has 7.5 times more gold medals.

5 hours ago, thongale said:

I was thinking what would be popluation to medals ratio between Sri Lanka and India. Inidan population is 60 times as Sri Lanka but has 7.5 times more gold medals.

population does not have a direct correlation to sporting ability of a country, after a critical mass of player base is attained any increase in non playing population is non contributive. But then you already now that dont you.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

population does not have a direct correlation to sporting ability of a country, after a critical mass of player base is attained any increase in non playing population is non contributive. But then you already now that dont you.

Oddly, you did not post this when India-Pakistan comparison was made, which obviously was biased towards Indian. Huh!

The issue with bowlers like Ishant, and Nuwan Zoysa from SL, and going some time back, Bruce Reid of Australia, these guys are very skinny and they look very tall. Zoyusa appears 6'8", but infact was 6'4". Reid appears 7'+, but was 6'8" in reality. Ishant may be 6' 5" or 6' 6" from what I see. But this is a guess.

3 minutes ago, thongale said:

Oddly, you did not post this when India-Pakistan comparison was made, which obviously was biased towards Indian. Huh!

yes, but you see pakistan has very few medals they are a large nation hundreds of millions of people. SL is a small nation but pretty sizable population 20 mil right, its pretty neat that you have athletic tradition. Pak is just a poor underdeveloped version of India, they also seem to believe that they have some genetic superiority on India which is funny

11 hours ago, thongale said:

The issue with bowlers like Ishant, and Nuwan Zoysa from SL, and going some time back, Bruce Reid of Australia, these guys are very skinny and they look very tall. Zoyusa appears 6'8", but infact was 6'4". Reid appears 7'+, but was 6'8" in reality. Ishant may be 6' 5" or 6' 6" from what I see. But this is a guess.

Zopysa was not thin by any means.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Zopysa was not thin by any means.

Sorry man, I think you are on the weed. If this man is not thin, then I don't know what thin means. On ly Kumar Dharmasena was thinner than this guy. That is why he was called Kumar "Pencil" Dharmasena.

nz0303.jpg

3 hours ago, thongale said:

Sorry man, I think you are on the weed. If this man is not thin, then I don't know what thin means. On ly Kumar Dharmasena was thinner than this guy. That is why he was called Kumar "Pencil" Dharmasena.

nz0303.jpg

This pic only confirms what I said.

On 4/13/2016 at 10:12 PM, Vilander said:

yes, but you see pakistan has very few medals they are a large nation hundreds of millions of people. SL is a small nation but pretty sizable population 20 mil right, its pretty neat that you have athletic tradition. Pak is just a poor underdeveloped version of India, they also seem to believe that they have some genetic superiority on India which is funny

Actually it is terrorism that destroyed Pakistan. In 2006 SAF they had pretty good medal tally 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_South_Asian_Games

it was 184 while India was 214, SL was 177. It is from 2006 India emerged as big winner in SAF , the support from state governments has increased substantially to sportsmen .

18 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Actually it is terrorism that destroyed Pakistan. In 2006 SAF they had pretty good medal tally 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_South_Asian_Games

it was 184 while India was 214, SL was 177. It is from 2006 India emerged as big winner in SAF , the support from state governments has increased substantially to sportsmen .

You should consider gold medals only in a competition with so few countries .   It was   118  for India,  46 for Pakistan and  37 for Sri Lanka.

13 hours ago, thongale said:

I have played with the man, in tape ball cricket. So I can extremely confidently say that you are wrong. He was rivalling Nilesh Kulkarni for being Skinny in late 90s.

Most tall young boys from SC will be thin at a young age but they fill up as they grow up. You cannot call them malnourished or thin. If Zoysa was thin, take a look at Brett Lee of 1997-99.