New batsmen , all-rounders and spinners in this IPL

express bowling

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

This ipl among new guys only Krunal n M ashwin has impressed me 

Rest all Samson, Manan doesnt seen have risen to the level where they were in previous editions. 

Disappointing ipl in terms of new talent

Only new talent who has been good is Krunal. I feel M Ashwin is nothing special. Ishan got one game and then dropped. Rishabh and Lomror have not got a game.

Would love to see Nathu and a few other Indian fast bowlers get an opportunity to play. So far disappointing that most new talents have just been warming the bench. 

14 hours ago, Mosher said:

Only new talent who has been good is Krunal. I feel M Ashwin is nothing special. Ishan got one game and then dropped. Rishabh and Lomror have not got a game.

Would love to see Nathu and a few other Indian fast bowlers get an opportunity to play. So far disappointing that most new talents have just been warming the bench. 

Krunal has impressed the most but Samson's willingness to bat for through the innings, with big hits in between , has been nice too.  Vohra has also shown some spark . Sarfraz has been good.

Really disappointed that Nathu and other youngsters are not being tried.

Looks like, with Dhoni's LOI captaincy under the scanner, the other captains are really trying to impress with their captaincy this time and playing it safe by selecting mostly the established players.  Only retired Zak is trying out youngsters 

Edited by express bowling

6 minutes ago, bulbul said:

^ Don't think there is any competition for Captaincy if Dhoni gone...Kohli is the next captain unless he don't want.

That is the most likely outcome but there is some talk going on that it is better to have a separate T20I captain so that Kohli does not burn out the way  Dhoni did by captaining all 3 formats + IPL.

That is the most likely outcome but there is some talk going on that it is better to have a separate T20I captain so that Kohli does not burn out the way  Dhoni did by captaining all 3 formats + IPL.

Again it's Kohli's call.

All these top stars have big egos....but the current power equation in the BCCI is not as linear as it was during the days of Srinimamu.  

Possible but they will still go with Kohli as he is more popular as well...BCCI doesn't care burn outs as long as players doesn't cross them.

Also no gurantee Kohli will play under say Rohit in one format ,will create more frictions.

5 minutes ago, bulbul said:

Possible but they will still go with Kohli as he is more popular as well...BCCI doesn't care burn outs as long as players doesn't cross them.

Also no gurantee Kohli will play under say Rohit in one format ,will create more frictions.

We will find out when the time comes for a new captain in LOIs ....hopefully sooner rather than later   :smile:  

KL Rahul played a nice knock today.   51  n.o  off  35 balls with three huge  6s and four  4s.

He has a problem with rotating the strike and at times misses deliveries  trying to hit too hard.

Liked his ability to hit big sixes though...he did it in the last game too. 

I always like it when a proper test player does well in LOis.

His wicket-keeping skills is an added bonus.

32 minutes ago, express bowling said:

KL Rahul playing a nice knock today.   51  n.o  off  35 balls with three huge  6s and four  4s.

He has a problem with rotating the strike and at times misses deliveries  trying to hit too hard.

Liked his ability to hit big sixes though...he did it in the last game too. 

I always like it when a proper test player does well in LOis.

Missing the balls is also due to reason when u trying to hit every ball , wnt be the case in Odi 

He is an improving cricketer, i expect him to imrove hi strike rotation batting with kohli n abdv

Having the ability to hit sixes is a huge bonus as it becomes ur release shot, which rahane lacks

Shud be included in India a as opener

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

I liked the way Surya Yadav batted in the last Ranji Trophy.  Looked like he was batting responsibly.

He  did the same today on a slow turning track. 60  off 49 deliveries in a run chase with two 6s  and six 4s....and winning it for his side.

Nice.

Hit some spanking straight drives.

13 hours ago, Mosher said:

M ashwin will be better once he starts to play domestic reg. 

A bowler cant have control till he bowls tons n tons of over, he has been picked from nets and has jst played domestic t20 which is 4 overs.

Look at chahal, haryana made him warm benches and his control is lost

With spinner they need to bowl more n more , there is something about his attitude that i like 

K L Rahul played a good knock today.   51  off  27 balls.    He played all around the wicket ....hooks, pulls, cuts, drives flicks....albeit on a flat track.   Hit one 6 and  six   4s.     

He has improved as a limited over  batsman and is hitting some big shots.