Top 10 Fastest Bowlers in IPL

CricketBuffOne

31 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Yes....but I remember one IPL season when he bowled a couple of 140 k to 150 k spells.  

(  Just like Nehra bowled 140 k to 150 k in the 2003 WC but was a 135 k to 143 k pacer in his quicker years    )

No, he never bowled more than 145 in any spell in IPL. His quickest spells were 138-142, occasionally touching 143-144. You probably are mixing him with Rahul Shukla.

Edited by rkt.india

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

No, he never bowled more than 145 in any spell in IPL. His quickest spells were 138-142, occasionally touching 143-144. You probably are mixing him with Rahul Shukla.

The fastest ball that I have seen Rahul Shukla bowl in the IPL was 146 k.  He never bowled in the high 140 s.   Awana actually did bowl in the high 140s in a couple of matches only ( that was never his normal speed though ).  You either missed those matches  or have forgotten about them.

8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The fastest ball that I have seen Rahul Shukla bowl in the IPL was 146 k.  He never bowled in the high 140 s.   Awana actually did bowl in the high 140s in a couple of matches only ( that was never his normal speed though ).  You either missed those matches  or have forgotten about them.

Awana hasnt too. I have seen all those matches of his first season when he bowled quick. 143-144 were his fastest.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Awana hasnt too. I have seen all those matches of his first season when he bowled quick. 143-144 were his fastest.

Awana was bowling real quick in that 2013 season(was it?) Especially in the mohali matches.while 150k might be a glitch but he did crank 146-147 k that season.veer pratap is surely a speed gun error

21 minutes ago, adi B said:

Its all about one or 2 deliveries,I remember awana bowled 146k clearly and people were going gaga in the match thread

Yes....I saw a 148 k by Awana that season.   Anyone bowling some 145 k to 148 k deliveries can bowl an one off 151 k...which was perhaps not shown on TV.

As far as I remember....in the spell Starc touched 160 k....his second fastest was 154 k.....an one off quicker delivery is not entirely impossible.

2 hours ago, adi B said:

Hopefully aaron and Morris touch 150 this season,they have come close with 149k.even morkel can crank it up to 150+ .

With a little effort all three can cross 150+. Morris has been the fastest this season and the only one to clock above 149 Ks, closely followed by Milne, Shami, McClenaghan, Aaron & Morkel, all of whom have clocked above 148 Ks.