The BSE/NSE Trading Thread

G_B_

13 hours ago, jusarrived said:

It recovered :( but after 5 days of red , this means nothing  

Sbis result was shockingly bad . Bank nifty will ensure market stays flat or down . There is no good reason for it to goo up . 

looks like treasury losses are responsible ..

lets wait for the reaction from the mkt 

On 11/02/2018 at 12:27 AM, velu said:

looks like treasury losses are responsible ..

lets wait for the reaction from the mkt 

All globals cues where positive today , but still Indian markets seems to be under pressure .Most likely big money is being pulled out of India .

I think we are looking at a bigger downside in next 1-2 months post some minor pull backs . 

6 hours ago, jusarrived said:

All globals cues where positive today , but still Indian markets seems to be under pressure .Most likely big money is being pulled out of India .

I think we are looking at a bigger downside in next 1-2 months post some minor pull backs . 

dude .. i am a delta neutral guy :p:

i really dont break my head trying to predict where the index will go

On 19/02/2018 at 10:22 PM, velu said:

dude .. i am a delta neutral guy :p:

i really dont break my head trying to predict where the index will go

yeah I know , was just saying . I get really confused when I have positions on both sides , though I tried shorting BN like you do with 1-2 lots , it works but ROI is very low though I agree the chances of loss are very less . I just dont have that kind of patience , like when things are moving quick and fast so am not sure its for me . 

Anyway I think we are heading further downward . Last two days saw very weak pull backs and march could be a repeat of this month after a small pause . 

32 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

yeah I know , was just saying . I get really confused when I have positions on both sides , though I tried shorting BN like you do with 1-2 lots , it works but ROI is very low though I agree the chances of loss are very less . I just dont have that kind of patience , like when things are moving quick and fast so am not sure its for me . 

Anyway I think we are heading further downward . Last two days saw very weak pull backs and march could be a repeat of this month after a small pause . 

10/20k returns in a week on 10L is not a bad return :p:

27 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Read that trading has been suspended in Gitanjali Gems.

Fortis Healthcare and Fortis Malar are big risks, although they rose today with exit of Singh brothers. However, one never knows what wrong doings are still left to be uncovered in that.

I actually invested good amount of money in gitanjali a year back when it was around 65 levels , held it for 3 months and exited with a small loss . I dint suspect anything fishy at that point , just that he was investing too much money on expansion and wasn't convinced the the company will show results anytime soon . Lucky to get out .

I wudnt touch fortis , it may have small spikes but such stocks once they lose investors confidence tend to underperform

22 hours ago, jusarrived said:

I actually invested good amount of money in gitanjali a year back when it was around 65 levels , held it for 3 months and exited with a small loss . I dint suspect anything fishy at that point , just that he was investing too much money on expansion and wasn't convinced the the company will show results anytime soon . Lucky to get out .

I wudnt touch fortis , it may have small spikes but such stocks once they lose investors confidence tend to underperform

It has a bad history. Probably was suspended for trading once, few years back this decade. Good that you made exit. Investors have burnt their fingers and whole body in this stock this month.

I agree regarding Fortis. Similar to Gitanjali. Singh brothers were one reason why Ranbaxy too took a beat once. Worth looking at Fortis only after it gets clear that there are no more discrepancies.

22 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Picked up supajit engg , jain irrigation and cosco ind and added some more of yes bank .

Was hoping hdfc bank would crash a bit , too balance my portfolio with some large caps . I would completely avoid psu banks for longterm , but indian pvt banks are going to give you massive returns if you can hold them for 10 years . 

I won't look at PSU banks given the scams and history of bad risk management strategies. Private banks are at good valuations. Even the insurance subsidiaries of the Pvt banks are good. I have opted for ICICI bank, HDFC Std. Life, ICICI Prudential. Will be adding Yes Bank few months down the line and HDFC later on.

Hero Motocorp, ITC, ICICI Bank, Coal India are the large caps which I opted.

In mid caps I went for Havells and TVS motors. What I like about Havells management is the way they are expanding their business portfolio. From electricals they are gradually expanding the consumer appliances portfolio as well.

Also believe TVS is managed by a sound management and they are growing at a reasonable rate.

Edited by Straight Drive