Congrats Dravid

Rajiv

That was test cricket at its best... A batsman struggling to make runs... bowlers coming at him hard... and the way he replied gave a perfect example of his patience, perseverence and strength of character. Sad though, that he didn't get the century. He could have ground Aussies to dust by batting for two days. (Yes i am aware he got a couple of chances caught off a no ball, dropped catches etc but still....)

I'm so relieved for Dravid. This innings would have reduced his dislike for the opening position, at least in this tour. He really fought hard even if he was unable to time or place the balls. At least one cover drive was vintage Dravid when he leaned into it and dispatched it to boundary perfectly. I hope he regains his form quickly. We'll need our old wall at Perth.

Dravid is just one more knock away from regaining his form. even in Pak series, he was getting the starts before getting out to some good balls. at least the bounce is true in Australia. I am hopeful of the resurgence of Dravid, well and truly in the second innings to thwart Aussies winning streak. That will give enough confidence to face up to the Perth attack, where they might get in Tait. Somehow, I have a feeling that Dravid can score off Tait faster than he has been able to score off Clark. Tait bowls much more straight and also offers some over pitched deliveries every over which we can capitalise on.