Congrats Dravid

Rajiv

Guest HariSampath

Dravid played very slowly, but considering his own bad form and team situation, it was a very good innings overall. That one phase of 40 balls without a run was ridiculous, and I think even he realised it and was smiling and raising his bat after getting a run. That hurt his strike rate, and he could have scored 70 today. But very good innings nonetheless and out to a bad shot in the end. He also helped Laxman a bit in allowing free strokeplay, although Lax might have got a 100 anyway.

Best innings i have seen from a terribly out of form batsman who was also asked to open against his will to protect some hyped up pretenders . Take 10 bows Dravid .He played 150 balls ,let me all those Gods and demi Gods will last half of that many balls.

In current form or generally?
I was speaking mostly. He always played at a 40 SR throughout his career. So,in a big partnership he was always the bridesmaid. Mind you I am speaking about partnerships only. If AC could do it only with Sehwag, Dravid had multiple partners and he could score big, very big. AC got to useful 30s and 40s.

I am relieved to see Dravid making some runs. I for one, am terribly confused with his form in the last few months. Its not like he keeps getting out for single digit scores, looking terribly out of touch, struggling to put bat to ball etc. He has been occupying the crease for lengthy periods of time all the while, whether it be his labored innings against Pak or now, against Aus. I suppose he is very mindful of playing a loose shot outside off-stump and getting out, and that kinda explains his total shutdown outside off-stump sometimes, but what is worrying is that he seems to miss quite few balls on leg-stump too. I suppose, as he spends more and more time crease and has some runs under the belt, he will get a lot more confident and consequently, get a bit more expansive with his stroke play. The one adjustment he has to make for the third test is having new opening partner !

Guest dada_rocks

Time to drop jaffar and bring sehwag in.. I didn't say it before the series but had this fear jaffar with his style of batting wud not be allowed to get runs in australia.