Ranji Trophy 2016/17

Bleed-Blue

25 minutes ago, express bowling said:

A rough list of India probables to look for in each Ranji  team  ( not an exhaustive list )

DELHI-  PANT,  SANGWAN,

MUMBAI -  THAKUR,  IYER, HEDWARKAR, ARMAAN,  BISTA, 

U.P -    RAJPOOT,  KULDEEP,  SARFRAZ,

BENGAL - KUILLA,  EASWARAN

RAJASHTAN - NATHU, ANIKET,  PANKAJ,  LOMROR

JHARKHAND -  KISHAN,  AARON,  QUADRI

KARNATAKA - GOPAL, PANDEY, NAIR , MAYANK  

MAHARASHTRA - BAWNE,  SAYYED

BARODA-  HOODA,  KRUNAL

HYDERABAD - CHAMA

HARYANA -  CHAHAL

KERALA - SAMSON, WARRIER

TAMIL NADU -  MUKUND

RAILWAYS - KARN

SAURASHTRA - SHELDON JACKSON

Who are the Bengal players Kuilla and Easwaran? Why are they being recognized as Int materials?

Edited by Forever Indian
14 minutes ago, express bowling said:

A rough list of  young  players who are India probables  ( classification by player-type ) - not an exhaustive list

BATSMEN-KEEPERS --  PANT-delhi,   KISHAN-jharkhand,   SAMSON-kerala

BATSMEN --  PANDEY-karnataka,  MUKUND- tamil nadu, NAIR-karnataka,  HOODA-baroda,   IYER-mumbai,  HEDWARKAR-mumbai,  MAYANK-karnataka,  SARFRAZ-u.p,  ARMAAN-mumbai,  BISTA-mumbai,  BAWNE-maharashtra,  SHELDON JACKSON-saurashtra ( as he is not keeping now )

PACERS --  NATHU-rajasthan,  AARON-jharkhand,  THAKUR-mumbai,  ANIKET-rajasthan,  RAJPOOT-u.p,  KUILLA-bengal,  SAYYED-maharashtra,  SANGWAN-delhi,  AVESH-m.p,   CHAMA-hyderabad,   WARRIER-kerala, PANKAJ- rajasthan

ALL-ROUNDERS --  KRUNAL-baroda,   LOMROR-rajasthan

SPINNERS--  KULDEEP-u.p,   CHAHAL-haryana,  GOPAL-karnataka,   KARN--railways,  QUADRI-jharkhand

Thanks for the list bro :nice:

2 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Who are the Bengal players Kuilla and Easwaran? Why are they being recognized as Int materials?

Amit Kuilla is an exciting pace talent who has debuted this season and  has already picked up 13 wickets in his first 2 Ranji matches.

He is tall and has some pace and bounce.

Wickets  in FC +  pace/bounce +  height  means  international prospect.

Easwaran is a young batsman who said to be very talented.

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Amit Kuilla is an exciting pace talent who has debuted this season and  has already picked up 13 wickets in his first 2 Ranji matches.

Cool, good to know :icflove:

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

A little expert from Indian Express 

“We all know Kotla is a slow wicket. We need to have two spinners. So Ojha and Gani will be playing. As far as pacers are concerned Amit is more of a hit the deck bowler who gets the ball to kick up from good length or short of length."

“On this pitch, I want someone who can reverse the ball well. Sayan Ghosh has a round arm action which helps in getting reverse swing. As of now, my choice of Dinda’ s partner is Sayan. Also if we need a third seamer, we have Mondal,” said Tiwary.

The Bengal skipper feels that a solid core has been prepared because of Sourav Ganguly’s Vision 2020 Project.

“We are reaping benefits for the process that has been put in. We have two talented young bowlers in Kuila and Ishan Porel. In fact it was Dada (Ganguly) who told me to check out Kuila and watch his progress.

“He felt this boy has potential. Also Mukesh Kumar and Ishan’ s injury paved the way for him. He will get better with better guidance,” said Tiwary.

6 minutes ago, msplash9 said:

Amit is more of a hit the deck bowler who gets the ball to kick up from good length or short of length."

The Bengal skipper feels that a solid core has been prepared because of Sourav Ganguly’s Vision 2020 Project.

“We are reaping benefits for the process that has been put in. We have two talented young bowlers in Kuila and Ishan Porel. In fact it was Dada (Ganguly) who told me to check out Kuila and watch his progress.

If  Ganguly is supporting a tall, hit the deck  bowler who can get the ball to kick up from good-length then there is something there to keep an eye on.      :nice:

This is amazing from Dada
http://xtratime.in/cricket/bengal-pacer-amit-kuila-lands-lucrative-contract-courtesy-sourav-ganguly/

Kolkata: Rookie Bengal pacer Amit Kuila has signed a lucrative contract with leading sports goods manufacturers Puma. Fresh from his exploits with the ball for Bengal since making his debut against Punjab, Kuila will be endorsed by the company. The man behind Kuila signing the contract is none other than Cricket Association of Bengal President Sourav Ganguly.

According to Sourav, “We had earlier selected a group of 10 talented cricketers who are not financially strong. Top among them was Amit Kuila. We have decided to give him a stipend of Rs 40000 per month on behalf of CAB and PMA.”

He further added, “I have come to know from the media that his family is not strong financially. His father I am told is jobless. So, this is just a small gesture from the association to stay behind him.”

Kuila made a memorable debut for Bengal by picking a wicket of his first ball in first class cricket. He returned with 5 wickets in the first innings against Punjab. He was adjudged the Man of the Match. He followed it with another good performance against Railways. A shy looking Kuila later told to xtratime.in that, “I had never thought about getting rewarded in such a fashion so early in my career. I am grateful to Sir (Sourav Ganguly). The financial help extended towards me will help my family in a huge way. This will motivate me to do well.”

Kuila along with other talented cricketers like Ishan Porel and Sayan Ghosh are all products of the Vision 20-20 initiative started by Sourav in 2013-14. A satisfied looking CAB president said, “I am really surprised to see the success of Vision 20-20 in such a quick time. Our job is to give the players the best facilities. It is up to them to make use of the facilities and produce results.”

The relatively  young, educated Indian cricket stars, in their 40s, are making a difference to Indian cricket.   Kumble, Ganguly and Dravid....in their roles as coaches and administrators, are doing a much better job in talent spotting, inclusion and development than the run-of-the-mill ex-cricketers who have usually been in charge of young talent.

They know

a)  What kinds of cricketers succeed in international cricket and are not just going just by FC stats.

b)  They  have the position in Indian cricket to pick them despite odds

c)  They are guiding them better to perform as per needs of international cricket.

We have seen Hardik being preferred because he is international material. If it were left to run-of-the-mill selectors, we would still have Binny and Dhawan doing the rounds in our international and A team.  We are seeing more wrist-spinners coming to the fore now and pacers with pace being pushed.

In the Indian team, we are seeing pacers like Umesh being guided to bowl a better line and length.

All this is great news 

Two other such ex-cricketers with  thinking ability and position would be Laxman and Zaheer and I hope they take roles in talent development too.

Foreign coaches from outside the sub-continent have never been able to develop Indian talent  effectively and we have wasted a lot of money on them.  Now, we are moving in the right direction.

Edited by express bowling
2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Any idea about thier pace, height and bowling styles.

Mohd. Siraj is tall around 6'2 or 6'3, gets good bounce and seems pretty sharp i would guess around 135k. He was one of the highest wicket taker in last years col nayudu.

Tushar i dont know much about him. But he has been getting alot of wickets in domestic out bowled or LBW so that suggest he is pretty sharp pace wise however he has missed out on abou 6/7 wickets due having a no ball problem.

K.Vignesh has been really impressive picking up 4/5 fers pretty much every match, pace wise in the tnpl he was 80-85 mph and he is very accurate.  

Edited by Bleed-Blue
7 minutes ago, Bleed-Blue said:

Mohd. Siraj is tall around 6'2 or 6'3, gets good bounce and seems pretty sharp i would guess around 135k. He was one of the highest wicket taker in last years col nayudu.

Tushar i dont know much about him. But he has been getting alot of wickets in domestic out bowled or LBW so that suggest he is pretty sharp pace wise however he has missed out on abou 6/7 wickets due having a no ball problem.

K.Vignesh has been really impressive picking up 4/5 fers pretty much every match, pace wise in the tnpl he was 80-85 mph and he is very accurate.  

Thanks for the update.

Siraj does look like a sharp bowler with height.

Generally, pacers who try to bowl quick have more no-ball problems and that may actually be a +ve indication pace wise for Tushar along with his bowleds and LBWs.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Thanks for the update.

Siraj does look like a sharp bowler with height.

Generally, pacers who try to bowl quick have more no-ball problems and that may actually be a +ve indication pace wise for Tushar along with his bowleds and LBWs.

As Deshpande has grown into a reliable strike bowler in his four outings at first-class level, the number of no balls have consistently outdone that in the wickets column. A staggering 35 no balls in four matches is way too much for a fast bowler at any level, let alone first-class cricket where there is not much room for a mistake. When you consider that of those 35 times he has overstepped, at least half a dozen times has he missed out on a wicket, then you realise that Pandit’s frustration was understandable.

Even the bowler himself was frustrated with the problem that has cropped in to his technique at the start of the season. “I squarely take the blame for not having been able to get it rectified,” he said. “Chandu sir (Pandit) and Omkar sir (Salvi, the bowling coach) have been relentlessly working with me to get it right, but on the match days, I tend to miscalculate while starting the run-up. Hopefully, I can get it right soon.”

Apart from this, Mumbai surely seems to have found a genuine pace bowler who could make its pace unit as formidable as any other domestic outfit (read Karnataka). With Shardul Thakur being called as back-up for the Indore Test, Deshpande earned his fist-class debut and impressed everyone. And when Thakur returned to the squad for the second league game, Dhawal Kulkarni had to join India’s ODI squad to help Deshpande retain his place in the XI.

In the limited opportunities he has got, Deshpande has consistently troubled all the batsmen with his pace and ability to pitch the ball in the perfect channel. It has taken a lot of efforts for Deshpande to wear the Mumbai cap after commuting 90 minutes one way every day from Kalyan, a far-off central suburb, to the adored Shivaji Park Gymkhana in Dadar for the last decade. Hopefully, the Kalyan Express will not let no ball problem derail a bright career ahead.

source;

http://www.sportstarlive.com/cricket/domestic/no-ball-problem-aside-tushar-proves-his-mettle/article9320371.ece

yh im guessing hes trying to bowl fast hence overstepping.