Ranji Trophy 2016/17

Bleed-Blue

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

No, ishant didn't do well at 19. He averaged 58in Australia.

Not just about the numbers though. Cummins did well at 19, Rabada at 20, Amir improved and was good at 19... there exist other examples, but I'm not interested in developing a thesis here.

Edited by Vijy
9 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Was the run out his fault or the partner - if the former, he should correct it. Regarding Rana, one good season means nothing. Look at Robin Bist, and maybe Panchal (although Panchal had a very good 2015-16 season too).

Robin bist had multiple good seasons and still averages 48 in FC cricket and he played on sporting pitches at Jaipur. This is only 2nd season for Rana and it's not just about stats. You look at someone and you he can graduate to the next level.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Robin bist had multiple good seasons and still averages 48 in FC cricket and he played on sporting pitches at Jaipur. This is only 2nd season for Rana and it's not just about stats. You look at someone and you he can graduate to the next level.

Thanks - that's what I said in the post just above you.

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Not just about the numbers though. Cummins did well at 19, Rabada at 20, Amir improved and was good at 19... there exist other examples, but I'm not interested in developing a thesis here.

Indian boys mature late body wise in comparison to Caucasians and Africans. Compare 20 year old Ishant to Rabada and Cummins. Ishant kooks a kid despite being tall. While even Cummins is tall 6'3".

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

Thanks - that's what I said in the post just above you.

Yes, there can certainly be exceptions like SRT but there are likes of Dravid too who matured late at 24. Dravid himself said he wouldn't himself playing like SRT at that age, but early induction won't work for most.

Just now, rkt.india said:

Yes, there can certainly be exceptions like SRT but there are likes of Dravid too who matured late at 24. Dravid himself said he wouldn't himself playing like SRT at that age, but early induction won't work for most.

I know that there are very few exceptions. When I look back I think Ind blooded many cricketers younger in the early and mid 2000s (sometimes teachers) - some had good careers, some didn't. Nowadays, players seem to typically debut a bit later.

58 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

My close mate from Salwan. Top person and very hardworking. He is getting married soon.

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

originally from Uttarakhand.

Stayed with us in camp at Salwan which was run by Bantoo Singh. Bantoo Singh went on to be our school school and also Delhi Selectors. Few years ago, his car was attacked because he did not select certain players.

He runs the Delhi Gymkhana Club now.

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Pant gone...scoring an uncharacteristic 29 off 69 balls....no sixes.

Seems like he tried to adapt his game to suit the needs of his team and that is good.

It would have been better if he had scored 70+ or stayed till the end.

It's good that tried a slower approach, but a 50-100 would have really boosted his creds a lot.

14 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Shreyas Iyer who had an SR of 80 plus last season has also batted differently this season as he struggled with form, batting at 76 at an SR of 49, ATM.

That daddy 100 this season also came at a slightly lower SR than expected I think. But, on the whole, Iyer's season hasn't been bad - quite good by many standards.

Baba Aparajith has been the biggest disappointment this season, even last season was not great. After a high of scoring 200 in Duleep trophy a few years back. He has scored just 79 runs this season till now in, playing his 5th game of the season, highest 28. While his twin brother Indrajith is averaging 59 this season scoring 478 runs.

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Baba Aparajith has been the biggest disappointment this season, even last season was not great. After a high of scoring 200 in Duleep trophy a few years back. He has scored just 79 runs this season till now in, playing his 5th game of the season, highest 28. While his twin brother Indrajith is averaging 59 this season scoring 478 runs.

People in the know rated Indra more than Baba (for batting).