Ranji Trophy 2016/17

Bleed-Blue

1 hour ago, Bleed-Blue said:

He has done well but imo he still needs to be a bit more consisent.

Pant has been the best in terms of consistency this season

146,   308,   24,   9,   60,    batting  107

Plus...he is perhaps the most destructive batsman of the 3.

Very high SR of 97 in FC so far

Edited by express bowling
11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

146,   308,   24,   9,   60,    batting 62

Yep those numbers are very impresive but i hope he bats according to the situation and isnt too reckless all the time.

1 hour ago, Bleed-Blue said:

Yep those numbers are very impresive but i hope he bats according to the situation and isnt too reckless all the time.

Batting to the situation is a bit overrated. All that means is that you restrict your natural game. When Dhoni started batting according to situation, it completely destroyed his natural game. Sehwag never cared about the situation and went about his usual way. Pant seems more in the Sehwag mode of See Ball Hit Ball. 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

146,   308,   24,   9,   60,    batting  107

:adore: Pant is special. I know you want him to play atleast a year or 2 of domestic cricket and improve his game before being selected for the Indian team. But I want to see this kid in T20's right now.

22 minutes ago, Mosher said:

:adore:Pant is special. I know you want him to play atleast a year or 2 of domestic cricket and improve his game before being selected for the Indian team. But I want to see this kid in T20's right now.

:nice:    He really is     ....still remember how he smashed the highly skilled Mustafizur bowling at  140 k.

In his case, just one season should be enough.   

Just 3 or 4 months to go for that to finish.   

Along with his T20I debut, he should be made a part of the A team whenever we play next.

35 minutes ago, Mosher said:

:adore: Pant is special. I know you want him to play atleast a year or 2 of domestic cricket and improve his game before being selected for the Indian team. But I want to see this kid in T20's right now.

Bro....I think  the selectors missed a big chance of developing Pant faster by not selecting him for Duleep Trophy this year. I remember that we discussed it at that time too....he is the kind of batsman who could have played Duleep on potential....especially because there were others like Murugan Ashwin, Nitish Rana etc. who were selected without much FC experience.

He could have played against some of the best Indian bowlers at domestic level, all bowling together.

23 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

I think India U19 Mahipal Lomror is a wrist spinner as well? He has been impressive playing for Rajasthan. Kuldeep, Shreyas, and Lomror also come with serious batting potential.

:nice:     Lomror is supposed to be a big hitter for his age....+ a  spinner

Will watch his progress closely.

Edited by express bowling