French Defence Minister coming to conclude Rafale deal,[Update Post 15 Deal Signed,Rafale to fly in India in 36 months]

Malcolm Merlyn

19 minutes ago, The Outsider said:

Lizards don't substantiate with links. It's freely available information through a Google search. You can start by reading Ajay Shukla's articles on it on Business Standard and on his blog.

I have read his blog.. Do you know why was the last MMRCA deal worth about 25B$ cancelled? The offset clause was 30% there and now we are spending 8.8B$ with a 50% offset clause which mandates that the French import that much from India to build the aircraft. Isnt it helping the Indian industry?The following is from Ajay Shukla's blog.(http://ajaishukla.blogspot.in/)

The Rafale contract makes French vendors, Dassault and Thales, responsible for discharging offsets worth 50 per cent of the contract value, i.e. Rs 29,000 crore. While the vendors get to choose their offset partners, the contract stipulates that 74 per cent of the liability value must be discharged through component exports from India. There is also a “technology sharing component”, amounting to six per cent of the total offsets, which the vendors will negotiate with the Defence R&D Organisation.

6 minutes ago, diga said:

I have read his blog.. Do you know why was the last MMRCA deal worth about 25B$ cancelled? The offset clause was 30% there and now we are spending 8.8B$ with a 50% offset clause which mandates that the French import that much from India to build the aircraft. Isnt it helping the Indian industry?The following is from Ajay Shukla's blog.(http://ajaishukla.blogspot.in/)

What happened to the technology transfer?

2 minutes ago, The Outsider said:

What happened to the technology transfer?

Since the details of the deal are not public, I have no idea... But even in the absence of the technology transfer,  think India has the capability to develop the critical ESA Radar

7 minutes ago, diga said:

Since the details of the deal are not public, I have no idea... But even in the absence of the technology transfer,  think India has the capability to develop the critical ESA Radar

But to develop it, we will have to spend out of our pocket. Something which we wouldn't have had to do when a certain sardaar was PM.

1 minute ago, The Outsider said:

But to develop it, we will have to spend out of our pocket. Something which we wouldn't have had to do when a certain sardaar was PM.

yes.. but itwill be less than the 25B$ we planned to spend when a certain sardaar was our PM

2 minutes ago, diga said:

yes.. but itwill be less than the 25B$ we planned to spend when a certain sardaar was our PM

Oh bhai! Talk to anyone in AF and he will tell you that 36 jets are of no strategic significance. You need at least 100 of them for them to pose a genuine threat in a combat operation. You might consider me a Modi hater, which I unabashedly am, but ask Radhika here to check how much of an impact 36 jets can make.

The certain sardaar was getting 100+ jets to make a genuine threat at a third of the price with technology transfer.

You cry about Bofors. Every plane bought in this deal is Bofors times 10!

Oh bhai! Talk to anyone in AF and he will tell you that 36 jets are of no strategic significance. You need at least 100 of them for them to pose a genuine threat in a combat operation. You might consider me a Modi hater, which I unabashedly am, but ask Radhika here to check how much of an impact 36 jets can make.

The certain sardaar was getting 100+ jets to make a genuine threat at a third of the price with technology transfer.

You cry about Bofors. Every plane bought in this deal is Bofors times 10!

MMRCA deal was projected to cost 28-30B$ in 2014...

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-dna-exclusive-100-price-escalation-on-rafale-fighter-aircraft-to-rs-175-lakh-crore-likely-to-dent-iaf-s-strike-capability-1957107

36 *3 ~ 110 

8.8 *3 ~ 27

I rest my case ...

3 minutes ago, diga said:

I understand you've rested logic and your case for Modi long before any sense permeates. That's why you keep quoting these numbers without context.

Don't worry you'll live to see the fall out of this like so many of my other predictions of Modi fascism we're witnessing.

Brilliant! We paid three times more money and got 36 aircrafts with no technology transfers!

Modi must feel like the luckiest person alive who can keep robbing his Bhakts and they keep on applauding the robbery.

Dude..

Initial deal was for 18 french made + 108 jets built by india/hal ..

Also the price was the proposals from our side and as if you talk like dassault accepted our price..

Its like you want to buy five iphone 7 plus for 50,000 rs ..

If you put forward this deal at apple showroom , they will kick you in your balls :giggle:

1 minute ago, velu said:

Dude..

Initial deal was for 18 french made + 108 jets built by india/hal ..

Also the price was the proposals from our side and as if you talk like dassault accepted our price..

Its like you want to buy five iphone 7 plus for 50,000 rs ..

If you put forward this deal at apple showroom , they will kick you in your balls :giggle:

Dudettte, why aren't we building any in HAL? Because Modi has already kicked you in the balls but you're too happy wearing an abdominal guard.

7 minutes ago, The Outsider said:

Dudettte, why aren't we building any in HAL? Because Modi has already kicked you in the balls but you're too happy wearing an abdominal guard.

first can you make it clear , who agreed to supply 126 jest for the price ? ..

On 16 February 2015, Egypt became the Rafale's first international customer when it officially ordered 24 Rafales,[129] as part of a larger deal (including a FREMM multipurpose frigate and a supply of missiles) worth US$5.9 billion (€5.2 billion)

https://web.archive.org/web/20150218001612/http://www.janes.com/article/49025/egypt-officially-signs-for-24-rafales-fremm-frigate-and-missiles

do you math .. egypt paid more or less same price as us ..

and France is not  your father in law to supply 126 jets for substantially lesser price..

3 minutes ago, velu said:

first can you make it clear , who agreed to supply 126 jest for the price ? ..

https://web.archive.org/web/20150218001612/http://www.janes.com/article/49025/egypt-officially-signs-for-24-rafales-fremm-frigate-and-missiles

do you math .. egypt paid more or less same price as us ..

and France is not  your father in law to supply 126 jets for substantially lesser price..

My argument isn't about the price. These things are opportunistic in the defense world. My main argument is about transfer of technology. Earlier agreements had a clear clause for developing x jets in HAL. Did that vanish like the 15 Lakh I was expecting in my account after mass murderer came to power?

4 minutes ago, The Outsider said:

My argument isn't about the price. These things are opportunistic in the defense world. My main argument is about transfer of technology. Earlier agreements had a clear clause for developing x jets in HAL. Did that vanish like the 15 Lakh I was expecting in my account after mass murderer came to power?

you argued about the price 9 hours ago in the same thread :hehe:

9 hours ago, The Outsider said:

Brilliant! We paid three times more money and got 36 aircrafts with no technology transfers!

Modi must feel like the luckiest person alive who can keep robbing his Bhakts and they keep on applauding the robbery.

http://www.bloombergquint.com/business/2016/09/23/ready-to-manufacture-rafale-in-india-dassault-ceo

With the deal for 36 Rafale jets in the kitty, Dassault Aviation CEO Eric Trappier today said the French company is game for the ‘Make in India’ initiative and open to manufacturing the fighter aircraft in India if the plane is shortlisted for a bigger order. He said that with the Indian contract going through, the company feels that more international orders of the plane, capable of carrying nuclear weapons, will come in.

It is 36 at the moment. We feel that we can create a strong industrial partnership in India. We know very well the large number of aircraft that the IAF needs.
Eric Trappier, CEO, Dassault Aviation

i ask someone to forward outys concern to ministry of defense .. 

dassault is ready to transfer the technology and we should not miss this opportunity 

3 minutes ago, velu said:

http://www.bloombergquint.com/business/2016/09/23/ready-to-manufacture-rafale-in-india-dassault-ceo

i ask someone to forward outys concern to ministry of defense .. 

dassault is ready to transfer the technology and we should not miss this opportunity 

Yeah, like we entered PoK and killed 20 terrorists! Let's talk 2 years later if even a single Rafaele is being manufactured at HAL.

9 hours ago, The Outsider said:

10 minutes ago, The Outsider said:

i have my doubts about your political views Outy ..

you might be a hardcore rightwing nut case , who just wants to bring bad name to anti-modi/bjp by posting these kind of illogical and totally contradictory views by posing it as anti-modi group :mad:

Yeah, like we entered PoK and killed 20 terrorists! Let's talk 2 years later if even a single Rafaele is being manufactured at HAL.

but do you have anything to say about your contradictory posts within a span of 9 hours ?   

or did you bang your head against the wall recently after seeing modi's isrule ? :giggle:

10 minutes ago, velu said:

i have my doubts about your political views Outy ..

you might be a hardcore rightwing nut case , who just wants to bring bad name to anti-modi/bjp by posting these kind of illogical and totally contradictory views by posing it as anti-modi group :mad:

It was just an attempt to simplify it for you, which you obviously couldn't grasp. Like, pehle technology ki talk karte hain, paise ki baat baad mein ho jaayegi.