Kedhar Jadhav :player without X factor

tweaker

6 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

If this was someone else they would have been branded as allrounder long back. Just because he is 32 most just show scepticism, instead of appreciating him. 

I do not think being 32 is the reason . He has not bowled much at all in his career ,  has a very very unusual action which won't carry him long in bowling and does not classify in any way as a spinner . Its some darters at a very low trajectory.

His whole idea is to keep the ball as low as possible in the air so that it does not bounce much . 5 footia aur bhi ghutna jhukake bowing  dalta hai  to achieve it and its working in indian pitches. .

I think one must be careful about his success in india - This may not work in overseas pitches . Then he may not be your 6th option.

48 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

I do not think being 32 is the reason . He has not bowled much at all in his career ,  has a very very unusual action which won't carry him long in bowling and does not classify in any way as a spinner . Its some darters at a very low trajectory.

His whole idea is to keep the ball as low as possible in the air so that it does not bounce much . 5 footia aur bhi ghutna jhukake bowing  dalta hai  to achieve it and its working in indian pitches. .

I think one must be careful about his success in india - This may not work in overseas pitches . Then he may not be your 6th option.

FYI he had the lowest bowling average and highest SR amongst all Indian bowlers in Champions Trophy in England. Comfortably outbowled Jaddu and Ashwin.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/icc-champions-trophy-2017/engine/records/bowling/best_career_bowling_average.html?id=11237;team=6;type=tournament

Having a unique action is actually a good thing, something that likes of Malinga and Bumrah also heavily benefitted from. He is not the first darter btw, in ODIs there are so many darters who have had success like Jaddu, Imad Wasim, Axar, etc.

I am not saying he is a front line bowler or anything, but he is pretty good part timer if used well.

Edited by Forever Indian
2 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

FYI he had the lowest bowling average and highest SR amongst all bowlers in Champions Trophy in England. Comfortably outbowled Jaddu and Ashwin.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/icc-champions-trophy-2017/engine/records/bowling/best_career_bowling_average.html?id=11237;team=6;type=tournament

Having a unique action is actually a good thing, something that likes of Malinga and Bumrah also heavily benefitted from. He is not the first darter btw, in ODIs there are so many darters who have had success like Jaddu, Imad Wasim, Axar, etc.

Not much point comparing part-timers and frontline bowlers. I think Jadhav's 2/22 was against Bang (the weakest team) and barring that, he didn't do much of note.

4 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Not much point comparing part-timers and frontline bowlers. I think Jadhav's 2/22 was against Bang (the weakest team) and barring that, he didn't do much of note.

Lol, the 2/22 was in Semis, and against same opposition Ashwin fared 0/54 and Jadeja 1/48. Clearly was the better bowler in terms of Economy as well with 3.33 RPO.

In Final Ashwin and Jaddu again got 0 wickets and Jadhav got 1 wicket.

Before those matches he wasn't bowled much, but clearly performed with ball in the knockouts and it was our frontline spinners who sucked.

3 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Jeez Kedar would be 34??? And Dhoni would be 37 ?? So all that crap about rotating sachin and Sehwag to play Rohit was a big joke. It would have been interesting if Kumble was around 

Dhoni is the only one who can genuinely be considered old at the time of WC. Wrt Jadhav, more than his age, I am concerned about his fitness and waistline 2 years from now.

Just now, Forever Indian said:

Lol, the 2/22 was in Semis, and against same opposition Ashwin fared 0/54 and Jadeja 1/48. Clearly was the better bowler in terms of Economy as well with 3.33 RPO.

Before those matches he wasn't bowled much, but clearly performed with ball in the knockouts and it was our frontline spinners who sucked.

Obviously our front line spinners sucked since they are both only adept in long-format and that too on turning tracks. However, the fact that part-timers sometimes take wickets does not make them more effective/better bowlers. Look at SL vs Pak match - collectively Shafiq+Sohail (part-timers) have a better bowling record in 2nd innings than the frontliners.

2 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Just to be clear, I would want Jadhav in the team. His scoring areas are quite unique as a batsman. Between him and Pandey, in terms of skill set, I'd choose Jadhav.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/24739665/how-dhoni-masterstroke-turned-kedar-jadhav-career-around?platform=amp

One of his last out-of-the-box moves before giving up the ODI captaincy was to hand Kedar Jadhav the ball in the nets in Dharamsala when New Zealand toured in October 2016. Up until then, Jadhav had just nine wickets in nine years of representative cricket across formats, and had bowled less than three balls per match on an average. But all that was to change soon.

The late arrival of lunch forced players to stay on in the nets, working in batches. While the regular spinners Amit Mishra and Axar Patel were elsewhere, Jadhav was thrown the ball. Dhoni liked what he saw immediately and employed him purely as a partnership breaker in the series. It may have been an innocuous move then, but that quirk may have just helped India narrow down their search for an ideal No. 6 at next year's World Cup.