The Great BUCKNOR Thread

This is the most livid i have felt in a long time. For months, I have spent 100s of posts defending the role of the men in whites. As much as I was comfortable with the umpires decision affecting the match, this match will be notorious for the umpires not just affecting the outcome of the match, but literally deciding it. At key moments of the match, India has gor the rough end of the decisions. In a farewell series for many of the seniors where their legacy they leave behind is going to be influenced hugely, one way or the other, we have literally been umpired out of the series. Down one test, and fighting back in the second one, we have been unbelievably unlucky to get one bad decision after another, that too at crucial junctures of the match. And what in the world stops the umpires from referring a close-call catch to the third umpire ? A decision, from past history of third umpire decisions, would have in probability gone in favor of us ? I have seen so many such calls being referred to the third umpire, why such ridiculous double standards ? The ICC MUST do a comprehensive review of umpiring standards after this match, BCCI should make sure it does.

The worst thing is, the umpiring errors seem to chronic in this match, like they are never going to stop and its just a matter of time before the next one comes. How can 2 umpires commit so many glaring errors in the same match ? And if they have, how can they remain in the elite panel for any longer ? Not only has there been a huge lack of judgment, there has also been the case of flagrant double standards in the case of the Ganguly dismissal.I have seen such calls being referred to the 3rd umpire and there was enough doubt in that for it to be referred. I would have had absolutely no problems had the replays shown that Clarke caught that one cleanly and the 3rd umpire declared him out, but its mind-boggling to see the on-field umpires not even refer it. This is shocking really. A series score that could have read as 1-1, set-up beautifully for the remaining 2 tests, now may read 0-2. The Indian team must lodge the strongest complaint possible against the umpiring standards in this match. Its been as though they were forced to run a 100 m race with their shoe-laces tied with each other.

this is freaking BS... now use our own technique to waste time.. take drinks break.. injury break.. ask bolwer to stop while running in.. etc.. Aussie sons of guns are damn chicken heads when going gets tough.. damn you ponting. and what about clark staying at the crease after clearly edging yesterday..

Veer, Biggest culprits are umpires. Bucknor shud never officiate any match anymore. BCCI shud make that happen, but bcci babus are just counting $$$
What's the point, though? It will only be a moral victory of sorts. If we end up losing, will they repeal the loss if it is determined that the umpires cheated or were incompetent? I don't think so. And that is what will hurt the most.
What's the point' date=' though? It will only be a moral victory of sorts. If we end up losing, will they repeal the loss if it is determined that the umpires cheated or were incompetent? I don't think so. And that is what will hurt the most.[/quote'] ca, but imagine if bucknor continues to officiate more matches against us! we shud stop this.
this is freaking BS... now use our own technique to waste time.. take drinks break.. injury break.. ask bolwer to stop while running in.. etc.. Aussie sons of guns are damn chicken heads when going gets tough.. damn you ponting. and what about clark staying at the crease after clearly edging yesterday..
Ya...I saw that too...it was totally messed up...the cvnt was expecting a reprive like the sob simon got...i:finger: