Arrogant Ponting must be sacked: Roebuck

putrevus

Is Roebuck an Aussie ? I thought he was an englishman ?
He is an Englishman alright. By birth anyway, after retiring from county cricket he has settled in Australia though, not very different from Harold 'Bodyline' Larwood. Must say I have disliked Peter Roebuck for long, specially after how he treated Viv, Ian and Garner at Somerset. His writing skills have however changed all that, the man is the best cricket writer currently and I have had the pleasure to read his articles as well as books. Excellent writer. Regarding this article he is of course bang on the money. Ponting's boorish behaviour needs to be taken note of. And dare I say his behaviour only confirms the worst nightmare for Aussie Selectors of yesteryears when they were picking Steve Waugh's successor. Ponting at that time had landed in a bar brawl(incidentally in Calcutta) and he was reprimanded for it. It was only with an eye on skippership that Ponting became a tad 'docile', but it did flare up one day, didnt it? This article by Roebuck will go a long way in affecting perception of Ponting. People(Aussies and non-Aussies) respect Roebuck's views and clearly Aussie skipper has made a few enemies too many now. xxx
Guest HariSampath
And Ponting Claiming a catch of Dhoni that he clearly grounded ... Good point putrevus .... Hari bhai ... can you do the honors please ?
Ok...I have something to say here ( as per what I told u on PM...BB). I had spoken to our own ICFer Krish Srikkanth and he made the following points to me ( which btw he has also said on air in CNN , later) 1. This same Mike Procter had handed out a 5 match ban for Rashid Latif in 2003, under the category of "unfair play", for excessive appealing. 2. Procter hands out a ban for Bhajji and totally ignores the proven instances of unfair play ( on TV footage), so Krish questions the credibility of the ICC match referee itself as a defence and as a point for our legal appeal for Bhajji. 3. Krish has raised the public question ( probably the only formet skipper to do so)...as to why Procter, whose job it is to ensure fair play in tests, has not banned Ponting, Gilchrist and Michael Clarke, as per his own standards set earlier. 4. Krish says India should have no problem in accepting Bhajji's ban ( IF proven, and will continue to play AS LONG as Ponting Gilly and Clarke are banned for unfair cricket, which is ALREADY a proven point) Thanks BB....u deserve the credit for this, eventhough Krish told me this as well as speaking up publicly ( YES...I do wish BCCI had more Krish Srikkanths, unfortunately BCCI is not a place for plainspeak)
Guest HariSampath
cause with clark he could reasonable say that he thought he caught the catch
on technicality he could get away ( but not a catch as conclusively proved on slomo TV)...but then if Ponting's "catch " and Gilly's "catch" were all considered, where does it put Benson for ruling a decision based on these so called "mistaken" players ??
on technicality he could get away ( but not a catch as conclusively proved on slomo TV)...but then if Ponting's "catch " and Gilly's "catch" were all considered' date=' where does it put Benson for ruling a decision based on these so called "mistaken" players ??[/quote'] How can he get get away when the same match referee gave his verdict on Rashid latif who by the way claimed he didnt know he grounded the catch which was proved in replays. This great Mike Proctor came to conclusion Rashid Latif committed a level 3 offense (unfair play), Clarke clearly grounded the ball and Ponting was asked he declared it as a fair catch, so didnt he commit level 3 offense according law 42 unfair play. This clearly is unfair treatment towards Asians which needs to be addresses by all Asian countries.
aussie
Peter Roebuck is most certainly not an Australian. He is, along with Tony Greig, the most anti-Australian commentator currently in the media here. He writes in a condescending tone whenever the Australian cricket team is involved and gushes with praise for the visiting team every season, irrespective of who it is. He was also charged with indecent assault against three young boys that he was supposed to be taking care of, so I would stop well short of saying that he has any credibility.
Good article....finally an Aussie has spoken the truth....not all are cheaters and liers in Kangaroo land....:two_thumbs_up:
beeeep! my buzzer goes off on that one. roebuck is english, was implicated a while ago in a matter l involving school age boys but matter was hushed up. never played international cricket only county, had the temerity to sack some top WI players when he ws captain and his side bombed out that year. still talks as if he has two plums in his mouth, and of course no one can quite measure up to the english race, particularly australians and indians.... nice opportunity for him to snipe at all and sundry.. didn't you know the sun never sets on the "empire"? pip, pip and all that. fetch me another pimms cocktail would you boy.