Why Dhoni is not playing Ranji Trophy...

MCcricket

Why shouldnt he take his responsibility to stay match fit  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should he allowed to play ODI without match practise

2 minutes ago, Bleed-Blue said:

Just look at the poll results....

Two different tournaments where people are grossly confused and doesn't reflect right result. If we go by the poll and people's view, that means people want

Dhoni to come back to Ranji in future and take someone's spot even though he doesn't play test cricket. Same people who said "no" in vote want him to not take someone's slot in LOi tournament. So poll question wasn't right as per the topic. We are discussing two different things right from the start and poll wasn't required. That is why all people who said "no" amd wanted Dhoni to olay in Ranji can't be calling him to not play now.

18 minutes ago, maniac said:

Kishen is a keeper-bat...that is his USP....he and Pant are the future in that slot...if he doesn't get keeping experience...you will be the first one to say there are better batsman and better keepers and he doesn't deserve a shot.

No, one tournament which is not even broadcasted well would have so much effect on our views.

Also with Dhoni he might just keep also, you never know. If Kishan keeps, it is good and better, but if he doesn't keep, it is not a big deal. Not keeping in one tournament won't make him the worst keeper. He is still learning from Dhoni like it was shared earlier when Dhoni was seen helping Pant and both Kishan with keeping.

Even Tendulka in his last Ranji game which he played to stay in touch and get practice before his last series, Tendulkar played and came 2nd down, while other regular Mumbai Ranji players were adjusted in the batting order for him. Why? Because he was the best player in Mumbai. And him coming for few games back will only help players around him in Mumbai team.

Similarly, Dhon wiill help players around him regardless of what position he bats or whereever he fields or weather he keeps.

27 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

For all we know Kishan might end up keeping then what new will maniac come up with?

Dhoni is taking up a spot fielding in the ground when it is something he clearly won't do for India and so some young Indian fielder should be replacing him.

what??? no one is that blind.....Dhoni grooming a new keeper is that too much to ask? or are you insecure for him?

21 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

No, one tournament which is not even broadcasted well would have so much effect on our views.

Also with Dhoni he might just keep also, you never know. If Kishan keeps, it is good and better, but if he doesn't keep, it is not a big deal. Not keeping in one tournament won't make him the worst keeper. He is still learning from Dhoni like it was shared earlier when Dhoni was seen helping Pant and both Kishan with keeping.

Even Tendulka in his last Ranji game which he played to stay in touch and get practice before his last series, Tendulkar played and came 2nd down, while other regular Mumbai Ranji players were adjusted in the batting order for him. Why? Because he was the best player in Mumbai. And him coming for few games back will only help players around him in Mumbai team.

Similarly, Dhon wiill help players around him regardless of what position he bats or whereever he fields or weather he keeps.

Pant and Kishen are raw but they are marked for future take over and they need all the keeping experience they can get.

Yes it is a big deal. if it is a tournament no one cares about then why is Dhoni wasting his time or even better why does he care so much about keeping here?

31 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Maniac does raise a valid point though. He should play as a batsman and let Ishan keep.If not full at least half match.No issues with him playing VHT though.

Yes ideally he should. I would like that to happen, but to call an Indian great like Dhoni a greedy player like someone called earlier, is absolute absurdity. You don't call someone greedy for taking over captaincy for his state side after being the most senior player

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Pant and Kishen are raw but they are marked for future take over and they need all the keeping experience they can get.

Yes it is a big deal. if it is a tournament no one cares about then why is Dhoni wasting his time or even better why does he care so much about keeping here?

I want Kishan to keep but want to also put straight that not keeping in one tournament won't end or spoil his career like younwere saying.

Thats exaggerating things.

2 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

Do you even read or just type the same rubbish again and again?

I will bet right now that Kishen won't keep, and as I said if Dhoni lets him keep,I will appreciate the move......sometimes I feel you want people to hate Dhoni...I have been very subjective here....will it be a great move-Yes...will people appreciate him if it happens-Yes...Will it happen based on previous data available-NO don't think so.

Edited by maniac
1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Yes ideally he should. I would like that to happen, but to call an Indian great like Dhoni a greedy player like someone called earlier, is absolute absurdity. You don't call someone greedy for taking over captaincy for his state side after being the most senior player

Infact he played under Aaron's captaincy last season. Pretty sure some idiot here would have still blamed him for putting extra pressure on Aaron and how he doesn't louuu his phaaast bowlers.

Just now, maniac said:

I will bet right now that Kishen won't keep, and as I said if Dhoni lets him keep,I will appreciate the move......sometimes I feel you want people to hate Dhoni...I have been very subjectibe here....will it be a great move-Yes...will people appreciate him if it happens-Yes...Will it happen based on previous data available-NO don't think so.

Is Dhoni greedy like pointed earlier by Laloo for captaining Jharkhand? Please make that clear also and let us know and let cry baby Laloo also know your verdict so we know where you stand on this. 

Just now, Cricketics said:

I want Kishan to keep but want to also put straight that not keeping in one tournament won't end or spoil his career like younwere saying.

Thats exaggerating things.

No it will have a long term effect...Dhoni should have let Pant keep in the 3rd T20I vs England...he should let Kishen keep here...He needs to groom new keepers from Pune and give them a shot.

Dhoni is a legend and he should be gracious and help build our future than be insecure about his spot.

Kohli,Rohit,Rahane swear by likes of SRT,Laxman and Dravid as to how much they helped them out in the dressing room...need to see it from Dhoni too

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Is Dhoni greedy like pointed earlier by Laloo for captaining Jharkhand? Please make that clear also and let us know and let cry baby Laloo also know your verdict so we know where you stand on this. 

How am I crying? I am worried for the future of Jharkhand players where dhoni can walk in and walk out as he pleases and be the captain too. This sets a bad precedent for future generations. Keep drinking the kool aid.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

I will bet right now that Kishen won't keep, and as I said if Dhoni lets him keep,I will appreciate the move......sometimes I feel you want people to hate Dhoni...I have been very subjective here....will it be a great move-Yes...will people appreciate him if it happens-Yes...Will it happen based on previous data available-NO don't think so.

Will people appreciate Dhoni for anything ever on this forum? No.

Just go check out first page. People have a problem when he doesn't play domestic, they have a problem when he does.

If Kishan doesn't keep in one tournament it doesn't mean he is not being mentored. Dhoni was with the whole team during Ranji doing exactly what you want him to do now, mentoring.

So quit your agenda furthering posts.

Just now, maniac said:

No it will have a long term effect...Dhoni should have let Pant keep in the 3rd T20I vs England...he should let Kishen keep here...He needs to groom new keepers from Pune and give them a shot.

Dhoni is a legend and he should be gracious and help build our future than be insecure about his spot.

Kohli,Rohit,Rahane swear by likes of SRT,Laxman and Dravid as to how much they helped them out in the dressing room...need to see it from Dhoni too

May be Kohli and Kumble want Dhoni to keep? He is one of the best keepers in the world and Pant and Kishan' aren't yet and 3rd twenty20 was a series decider and when playing forr India in a deciding game, you want the best player to keep and Dhoni was clearly the best bet. 

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Bhaisaab dhoni didnt give up a spot to Saha/Ohja a couple years back in a dead rubber, what makes you think he would give a chance to Pant who would have basically forced dhoni to retire from T20s.

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Dhoni has done it with whole Jharkhand team AND Indian team.

Suddenly from keeping wickets you come to helping out in dressing room. How many matches did Sachin miss for some youngster to be groomed?

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

May be Kohli and Kumble want Dhoni to keep? He is one of the best keepers in the world and Pant and Kishan' aren't yet and 3rd twenty20 was a series decider and when playing forr India in a deciding game, you want the best player to keep and Dhoni was clearly the best bet. 

Doesn't work that way...same tournament where youngsters like Chahal got a shot and Pant was considered good enough to make a debut...all of a sudden when it came to keeping Dhoni was preferred...wah...heard of a thing called being consistent?

No ifs,buts,maybes...it is clear what is going on.

1 minute ago, laaloo said:

How am I crying? I am worried for the future of Jharkhand players where dhoni can walk in and walk out as he pleases and be the captain too. This sets a bad precedent for future generations. Keep drinking the kool aid.

So why you wanted him to play Ranji game in December? Won't that mess things up for Jharkhand as Dhoni is coming in and out there also. Doesn't that set bad precedence for futre generation now when he doesn't even play test cricket?